• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell happened to blink-182?

JimmyJones

Banned
My first impression was "WTF is this shit". After a few more listens the song is definitely catchy. They are treading very close to Ian Watkins territory with that video.

This is one of my favourite Blink songs.

They really should rename the band at this point. They are not Blink anymore.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
giphy.gif

Pejo

Pop punk/ska punk was what i grew up on. This is painful to see/hear/watch as both a Blink and Alkaline Trio fan.

I miss classic Blink, they were never technically "good", but they were fun and had some good songs.

squallheart

Oh God wth I stopped at 30s. Good thing I decided not to go to the concert when I saw lily Wayne. Maybe they are aiming for the streamer market and hoping someone makes a minecraft video with this song. As for me nope.

Song sounds like any old generic Blink 182 track to me, if I was listening to this I wouldn’t have known it was new or different. It’s ok, nothing great, but they never were.

That video though?

giphy.gif

-Minsc-

I'm going to say that all rebellion music is, in the grand scheme of things, quite generic and established. It's not like rebellion is some modern invention.

Top Bottom