• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game released in XXXX? 2010 edition (56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Resonance of Fate, Sin and Punishment 2 and Bayonetta - some of the best games that gen.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Amazing art/visuals, bosses, combat system, environments, soundtrack, lengthy and epic journey. Yeah boyeeee

Can't believe it's already been 7 years.

hampig

Red Dead Redemption has to be it. This was a great year though with Mass Effect 2, Limbo, No More Heroes 2, and Super Meat Boy, among other things.

I feel a little dirty choosing a CoD game but I have to go with Black Ops. I spent a ton of time with it, and to this day haven't enjoyed a multiplayer mode in a game as much as I did Gun Game. It's the last CoD I was really into.

b4mv

Banned
Rock Band 3, absolutely no question. Thousands of hours lost.

To fill out Top 3,
Skate 3
Just Cause 2

Nielm

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Fallout: New Vegas
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

balohna

Mass Effect 2.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 SHOULD be my answer, logically, but it didn't grab me as hard as other Marios for some reason. I know that's on me, because I always hear how much everyone loves it and I like it a lot too. ME2 was more my game that year.

Hixx

Insane year.

Going to have go with Mass Effect 2 though. Highlight of a series I love.

Honourable mentions to Alan Wake, Bayonetta, New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption and Super Meat Boy. And there's still another half a dozen I'd say I thoroughly enjoyed.

999 would probably be my pick with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Bayonetta close behind. Just reminds me of how I spent about two days, almost nonstop, playing 999 through all of the endings. Good times. I really liked No More Heroes 2, Sin and Punshment: Star Successor, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Persona 3 Portable. Bunch of great games that year.

joecanada

as soon as I saw BFBC2 on that list I knew it was the one. Fallout new vegas was good but I was too soon removed from playing Fallout 3 too much and could "only" do a couple play throughs.....

BFBC2 was totally new and fresh to me coming off of mostly only COD and these massive warzones I was blown away.... who doesn't love firing a targeting dart into a helicopter?

It was an amazing year for me. All these games were amongst the best of generation for me and can't choose only one game:

God of War III
Mass Effect 2
Gran Turismo 5
Super Meat Boy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Red Dead Redemption

Liked these too:
Limbo
Alan Wake
Heavy Rain
Halo: Reach
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Castlevania, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Mario Galaxy 2, KH: BBS

In no particular order

2010 was a good year. I had my PSP stolen, though, so I didn't play BBS until 2014 in the HD collection.

Super Meat Boy was probably my favorite, besides being dope, it also exposed me to Mighty Jill Off, by Anna Anthropy (and a few years later we became friends).

This game hasn't quite held up for me, though the soundtrack is still legendary.

I actually beat Bayonetta and Vanquish which was awesome.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (although I already had the JP release by then) was good fun.

Super Street Fighter IV I played a ton, and at one point wanted to be pro.

Red Dead is a personal triumph for me (stepped up, became head of my team (trailers), trained mad people and got a few hired, learned editing, etc.) also I'm this guy
Rdr_granville_berry.jpg

So yeah, RDR was very significant for me.

Blur, COD Black Ops, New Vegas, RDR and it's expansion, Persona 3 Portable, Skate 3 are my choices. Also will give some love to Splinter Cell: Conviction, an underrated game in terms of previous Splinter Cell's.

What up 2010, in my opinion the best single year for games ever!

My favourite this year was NieR, with runners-up being Red Dead Redemption, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and 999.

Dad

1. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. Alan Wake
6. Halo: Reach
7. LIMBO
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops
9. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
10. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Those top four especially are some of my all time favorites. Really good year for games

It was an amazing year for me. All these games were amongst the best of generation for me and can't choose only one game:

God of War III
Mass Effect 2
Gran Turismo 5
Super Meat Boy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Red Dead Redemption

Liked these too:
Limbo
Alan Wake
Heavy Rain
Halo: Reach
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I'm trying to think of how many times I've played GOW3. I really loved the bosses, though I think the pacing slows a bit closer to the scorpion boss, which has really bad hit detection and is kind of frustrating on the hardest difficulty.

All other bosses were awesome, and the final boss is my favorite of the series.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Okay, we've overlooked these threads for far too long...no more please. List threads like these do not generate meaningful, useful discussion. Please stop creating more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom