• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite television game show of all-time besides Jeopardy?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Jeopardy is probably most people's favorite, so I wanted to take that out of the mix. Besides Jeopardy I've always liked Family Feud and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. WWTBAM's music is fucking epic and it can get tense with the format so I enjoyed that, and Family Feud can be hilarious especially with the new episodes with Steve Harvey, but I liked the show a lot even before he came aboard.

I never got the love for Wheel of Fortune, I think it's such a shitty game show. I hate how all the contestants should out the letters in this lame overenthusiastic tone, and spinning that stupid wheel is so lame.

Ikutachi

WWTBAM or Family Feud. I'm not educated enough to enjoy Jeopardy.

Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader was okay.

Wheel of Fortune bored me.

Last edited:
Jeopardy is probably most people's favorite, so I wanted to take that out of the mix. Besides Jeopardy I've always liked Family Feud and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. WWTBAM's music is fucking epic and it can get tense with the format so I enjoyed that, and Family Feud can be hilarious especially with the new episodes with Steve Harvey, but I liked the show a lot even before he came aboard.

I never got the love for Wheel of Fortune, I think it's such a shitty game show. I hate how all the contestants should out the letters in this lame overenthusiastic tone, and spinning that stupid wheel is so lame.

Who wants to be a milionaire, is it the right US name, isn't it? Btw, this

The suspense was strong, a shame in my country they suspended it years ago

Birdo

Banned
Takeshi's Castle.

ForthrightAcademicBlowfish-small.gif

Paltheos

Not a big game show guy but classic Price is Right is great. Bob was so loved and integral to the identity of the show that he could basically do whatever he wanted. His candidness with the contestants and the audience was a part of the fun of the show.

Gargus

Banned
Starcade or double dare.

And what if jeopardy is my favorite? Not fair to ask someone what their favorite is and then tell them it can't be their favorite.

pramod

Banned
Starcade, but there just wasn't enough episodes. It ended too soon.

Price is Right. It's probably the only one I watched religiously as a kid.

Last edited:

Shifty

Pretty sure Knightmare blows all these other normie-ass game shows out of the water:

And if the rewards need to be tangible for it to be classed as a proper game show then I'll nominate The Crystal Maze as a second pick:

Jeopardy indeed. Where's your sense of adventure? 🤭

Last edited:
I have some fond memories watching The Price Is Right and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? with my grandparents when I was a child, back when Bob Barker and Regis Philbin still hosted the shows, respectively.

Most game shows today all look the same with a similar night-time aesthetic and some wild gimmick you'll forget about a month later. That said, it's very easy to gravitate towards the classics from the '90s and earlier.

Last edited:

Link1110

I used to like Family Feud the best, but its one joke has become too obvious and predictable in the Harvey era.

Harvey: Question with obvious sexual answer
Contestant: Obvious sexualized answer
(Harvey reacts shocked)

I found The Chase on reruns this year, and really like it.

mcjmetroid

American game shows always looked extremely corny. I feel like the British one are far better.

Crystal Maze
Knight mare as mentioned above
The Cube

But mainly the crystal maze, I'm never sure how the US never did a version of that.

womfalcs3

Banned
Bob Barker's The Price is Right has sentimental value to me. I watched it when I stayed home from school, or when college lectures were sparse.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
We had a local Cable Access Gameshow called Triviality back when I was in Middle school (1988-1991) Where Three Random People from town would host each week and would pose about 5 questions each (adding another question when one got answered) and take phone calls and if the caller could answer at least one question per judge they would then get a chance to stump the panel and if they did they would get too choose from a list of Prizes that week donated by local businesses. it was actually really popular and I remember people (mostly kids) really looking forward to it.
It would never work today with the Internet and access to information but I won a lot of cheap shit on that show.

Top Bottom