• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When should Nintendo "Re tease" Metriod Prime 4 (From Retro Studio)

It's 2017 and Nintendo teases Metriod Prime 4 by Bandai Namco.
In 2019 they restart the development with Retro Studio

The big question now is...... Whe....How?

1.How far do you think Retro has gotten with prime 4?
2. How much do you think did they scrapped from Bandai?

After those questions are answered.... When?

3. When should Nintendo tease prime 4? Keep in mind Dread release so that it can get sales.

4. When should they reveal and then release it?

Nintendo could treat prime 4 as if it was never teased now under Retro.

mcjmetroid

I respect how honest Nintendo has been thus far with Metroid Prime 4. It's very rare or almost unheard of for them to come out and say basically that the game they were making was bollocks and they're starting again from scratch with a new team.

I think their fans including me respected that and wish they were more honest with other properties.

I understand they can't because of share holders and because Metroid is probably something their shareholders haven't even heard of.. they can do this but still.

I can't answer that without knowing what state the game is in.

The Last Guardian, Fable, Bayonetta 3, Elder Scrolls 6 are examples of when NOT to reveal your games.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
At this point I'm almost certain that they scrapped the entire thing. At best maybe they'd get some art content/assets they could potentially use, but it seems to me that it's most likely that the entire thing was thrown out entirely and they literally started from scratch.

The hard thing also is with Retro is that all the key talent that made the original Prime Trilogy is no longer there. So I'm not sure how much guidance they'll have outside of Nintendo of Japan in terms of how to design things.

Zannegan

Early in the year it will be released. One far-out tease is enough for any game, and they've already seen how it can go wrong.

I'm kind of hoping it will be to the Switch's swan song in 2022, but my hopes for Nintendo announcements are usually at least a year early (more often 2).

Camreezie

In an ideal world when its finished, if they need to use it to tease then when they have a slice of gameplay to show or a couple of months before its launching

Paltheos

When the game's finished. I don't like this era we live in where all game projects are announced when barely any work has been done on the game. Unless it's a series I'm big into, hearing about a project 5 years early tends to deflate my excitement when the actual product arrives.

This isn't a knock against Metroid in particular. I think Nintendo screwed up by announcing so early (but again that's common practice in the industry these days, mostly for worse), but I appreciate them coming out and saying flat out that they need to start over and they apologize for the trouble.

John Bilbo

They should tease it when they have a definitive release date set within three months of the tease. After that they could release a story trailer and a gameplay trailer, both done within the game engine.

Astral Dog

They will show when they are ready, Dread deserves all the attention it can get right now.

As for Prime 4, development has been a mess and it will take some time for Nintendo to get it right, the last Metroid game Retro developed was on the Wii and the huge jump in tech will make it take longer, likely Retro has been busy with another big project thats why Nintendo went to Namco at first, that didn’t worked well, so now we have to wait longer.

At least by the time Prime 4 comes out, Switch 2 will be a thing and we will have a better version available.and im sure the game is gonna turn awesome when its released

As for timing it if i were to guess, Metroid Prime Trilogy next year, then Metroid Prime 4 cross gen on 2023,but thats just my guess 🤭

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

When the game is actually being developed or more then 50% done.
Unlike the last time they just said it just to get hype for the Switch

Astral Dog

I respect how honest Nintendo has been thus far with Metroid Prime 4. It's very rare or almost unheard of for them to come out and say basically that the game they were making was bollocks and they're starting again from scratch with a new team.

I think their fans including me respected that and wish they were more honest with other properties.

I understand they can't because of share holders and because Metroid is probably something their shareholders haven't even heard of.. they can do this but still.
You are wrong, speaking of shareholders, tbh i found silly when Nintendo's shares dropped just when they announced Prime 4 restarted, there were articles and everything lol Metroid was gonna save the Switch but now it can't 😞

Last edited:

yurinka

It's 2017 and Nintendo teases Metriod Prime 4 by Bandai Namco.
In 2019 they restart the development with Retro Studio

The big question now is...... Whe....How?

1.How far do you think Retro has gotten with prime 4?

After those questions are answered.... When?

3. When should Nintendo tease prime 4? Keep in mind Dread release so that it can get sales.

4. When should they reveal and then release it?

Nintendo could treat prime 4 as if it was never teased now under Retro.
They should re-reveal it once it's less than half a year of its release and they are able to show a good gameplay demo with the game in beta, almost complete, and are able to announce a specific release date.

They must do it when ready, they can't afford to show it again and later delay it, or to show it and make us wait a ton more.

Last edited:

Fahdis

This is Fahdis's uncle, I'm only a janitor at Nintendo. But to answer your question, next week.
Also I'm divorcing your Aunt, she slept with Shiggy.

I thought I was the only victim, she didn't even spare the dog? Poor Shiggy.

Top Bottom