• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

where to buy 1GB Pro Duo for PSP!?!

turok4n64

Banned
OMFG I ordered a 1GB Scandisk Pro Duo from eCost.com and now i get an email saying its backordered and they wont be receiving it until may 1st...WTF!?

anyone know where I can buy a 1GB Pro Duo...i need it asap for my PSP!!

suikodan

Buy two 512 cards...

Didn't want to wait and don't think I'll need a gig so I bought one 512. Should be ok for a while.

Kingpen

I am wondering how exactly how satisfied users are with the 512 memory sticks?

I saw 2 of them in stock here in town and am getting all antsy to go impluse buy both of them and say screw it on the 1 GB.

Anyone else have this dilemma? Or does everyone have to have the uber 1GB?

About how much storage does games take up?

And is it a pain in the ass to swap out the memory sticks, or simple like a digital camera?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I ended up buying a discounted open item 512mb stick at Best Buy. I really would've liked to have the gig one but I just couldn't find one online or in store. Hopefully, the price will drop fairly soon and I can get one or a bigger one even in the near future.

aoi tsuki

gamepro said:
Wasn't it specifically stated that the card doesn't work for the PSP in some other thread?
More importantly, it's out of stock. But there's no reason it shouldn't work, it's just overkill speedwise for the PSP, which is likely why Sandisk's gamer line of MS Duos are cheaper.

i was going to make a thread helping those of you find sticks, when i searched through dozens of sites only to find one which didn't explicitly state it was out of stock of either the 512MB or 1GB sticks - http://www.hotbuysdigital.com/item_detail.php?item_id=104425. Check resellerratings or Gomez for ratings on them.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I cancelled my pre-existing order from a pcconnections.com since they responded to my email of inquiry by stating that it wouldn't ship until 4/22! So much for their 2-10 day ship time as originally advertised. Bastards.

I took a hit and ordered the fugly gamer version from bestbuy.com with overnight shipping, and they promise (for now) an arrival date of 3/25.

Tabris

1 quick question.

1) I paid $280 CDN for a 1GB PRO Duo High-Speed. How bad of a rip off is it?

I found out the 1GB's won't be at EB until April 14th, and Futureshop didn't have any, so I tried London Drugs downtown and it had the high speed version only.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
The only 2GB Memory Stick out now are the normal Pro ones, not Duo. I haven't heard of a 2GB Duo Pro coming out soon.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Drinky Crow said:
Isn't there a 2 GB card out or coming out soon?
Yes, probably in the next month or two. Both Sony and Sandisk announced them last month (you can search for the press releases if you want, IGN and Engadget reported them). MSRP is gonna be over $350 or so, though.

mspd-2gb.jpg

Hopefully that 2Gig stick pushes down the price of the 1gig one. What's cool is that PS3 supposedly supports mem sticks too, so it's a good investment :)

Pedigree Chum said:
PS3 supposedly supports mem sticks too

You know, I don't really believe that, but if it's true, +1 respect to Sony. No more proprietary gouging... (Well, it's still proprietary to Sony, but you could use your PSP Duo in your PS2. One less double-dip)

Now if Sony refuses to include 4 controller ports (or wireless support for 4) out of the box, -100 respect to Sony.

Ironclad

Mejilan said:
I cancelled my pre-existing order from a pcconnections.com since they responded to my email of inquiry by stating that it wouldn't ship until 4/22! So much for their 2-10 day ship time as originally advertised. Bastards.

I took a hit and ordered the fugly gamer version from bestbuy.com with overnight shipping, and they promise (for now) an arrival date of 3/25.
Yeah, they sent me an e-mail saying the same thing. How did you cancel your order from them? I too ordered the 1 gig stick off of best buy.

Tabris

Anyone know is 280 CDN is a rip off? I need to know if I should look around more.

Cause I could only find the high speed version. Everywhere else doesn't carry them or won't get them in for a while.

Mejilan

Ironclad_Ninja said:
Yeah, they sent me an e-mail saying the same thing. How did you cancel your order from them? I too ordered the 1 gig stick off of best buy.

Sent them an emailing telling them to f-cking cancel my f-cking order. Lying bastards. :lol

Tabris,,, 280 CDN is really excessive for Canadian price.. the exchange rate is actually good nowadays,, that 280 CDN price is like double the price of what you should be paying.
by April when the Sandisk will be more available... the CDN price should be at the max $160 CDN

Mejilan

Actually, I just remembered that I didn't cancel that order.

But I DID complain to them via email, and that's when they sent me a response back giving me the new 4/22 date. The lady that responded told me to write back at any time if I wanted to cancel. I'm going to wait until the end of this week to see if Best Buy screws me or not. 4/22 is actually better than what a lot of websites are listing now. Keeping my options open. But should I get an email from Best Buy saying "Here's your tracking number"... :lol

Tabris

gutter_trash said:
Tabris,,, 280 CDN is really excessive for Canadian price.. the exchange rate is actually good nowadays,, that 280 CDN price is like double the price of what you should be paying.
by April when the Sandisk will be more available... the CDN price should be at the max $160 CDN

It's $220 US actually for the stick I got. The 1GB PRO Duo High Speed.

So it matchs with the exchange rate close enough. The CDN price I paid is the Sony's MSRP. I wanted to know if there's better deals out there in canadian brick and morter's?

Ironclad

Mejilan said:
Actually, I just remembered that I didn't cancel that order.

But I DID complain to them via email, and that's when they sent me a response back giving me the new 4/22 date. The lady that responded told me to write back at any time if I wanted to cancel. I'm going to wait until the end of this week to see if Best Buy screws me or not. 4/22 is actually better than what a lot of websites are listing now. Keeping my options open. But should I get an email from Best Buy saying "Here's your tracking number"... :lol
That actually sounds like a good idea. I guess I will retain my order for the time being. I am sure that best buy will charge your credit card when the order is ready so I keeping a constant watch on my account.

Top Bottom