• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's my coupon, BestBuy.com?

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Since I can't post to the first preorder thread anymore, I felt like making a new thread about this because it kind of pissed me off. I was one of the first (relatively speaking) to pre-order and I just now got my cancelation e-mail. It reads:

------------------------------------

Dear Vincent:

There's been a change to the status of your order.

The product you ordered is no longer available and the order has been canceled. If you'd like to make another selection, visit BestBuy.com.

The credit card (or Gift Card) used for this order has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement. Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancellation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

--------------------------------

Wait a second, no apology? No coupon? No anything? **** YOU

Okay, I know getting a free ten dollars was a gift in the first place since it was their own mistake, but why not give it to everyone? It's only ten dollars, but that's ten more dollars I wouldn't have had to spend on something.

Anyone else get an e-mail with nothing in it?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Related to the PS3 preorder, but they still haven't refunded my money. :p

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
chespace said:
Related to the PS3 preorder, but they still haven't refunded my money. :p

Yeah, they said they credited my card (I used a bank card), but my account shows them still holding my money.

manngc

Your coupon is probably in your spam folder. It was for me! And no the confirmation I got ok. The coupon still went to the spam folder.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
manngc said:
Your coupon is probably in your spam folder. It was for me! And no the confirmation I got ok. The coupon still went to the spam folder.

Ahahah, so it is. Hilarious.

You'd think Best Buy would be smart enough to keep it to one e-mail instead of two. I guess the cancelation e-mail was automated so they couldn't put anything else in it. I don't know. Thanks for that, I didn't even think of checking in my Spam folder (because none of my previous Best Buy e-mails have gone there)

Err, I guess this thread can be locked, then.

Edit: Or we can keep it open to continue the neverending saga :lol

Triz

They still havent canceled my so-called "preorder." I got the email and coupon, but the ps3 is still sitting in my order history as in process.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Triz said:
They still havent canceled my so-called "preorder." I got the email and coupon, but the ps3 is still sitting in my order history as in process.
Ditto. And I even managed to cash-in the coupon they offered.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
usually holds clear in a couple days, but don't actually take money out of your account

if it comes up as an actual charge rather than a hold..then you should worry.

turtle553

I got the cancelled email and didn't get a coupon(not even in my SPAM folder). I wonder if they only gave coupons to people that ordered a single console (since I ordered two).

owneduj3.jpg

lachesis

I just checked my e-mail and yes, I got the same e-mail...
upon receiving my cancelation, I used my coupon for Gears of War LE. Free shipping - I'm in no hurry of getting the game, so it should be fine... :D

I just decided to look at the bright side on this issue...
I've already paid off my PS3 for my GS pre-order, and rest of them are all paid up. My BB order was my 2ndary - to say, a back-up plan if something goes wrong, and if everything works out, I was going to sell it on e-bay and make some quick bucks to make up nearly 1300 grand that I've spent and all paid up. I have no debt on this matter, so I should be just happy and enjoy my new machines. Yup. I actually feel better now, because I cannot be a e-bay scalper now. :D Plus, 10 dollar credit for just some quick mouse click was worth enough. I am generally grateful for my fortune...

Vard

SS4Gogita said:
Yeah, they said they credited my card (I used a bank card), but my account shows them still holding my money.

I also got the e-mail about my card being credited earlier today, but they're still holding onto my money too.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Yeah, my money is still in their hands. Idiots, give it back.

My moneys.

Joates

Banned
chespace said:
Yeah, my money is still in their hands. Idiots, give it back.

My moneys.

I Just got my money back in my account finally.. And oh yeah, they held over $800 when my order was $650!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
SS4Gogita said:
Remember, it's in a separate e-mail so be sure to check your spam folder.

I know, and I did. I'll keep an eye out though. Nothing says they have to arrive together, right?

Tarazet

I got my cancellation email. I fired back to them to cancel my pre-order for the PS3 games as well, since if they don't want to have my business, I don't want to give them any. Still debating whether to use the coupon.

Top Bottom