• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who got lucky and scored a Wii on Black Friday?

bill0527

Not me. I just got the biggest pwning of my life thanks to EB Games.

I got there at 4am for the 7am store opening and I was 7th in line. I figured I was all set. The manager shows up at 6:30 and we asked how many he had. He said he'd have to count because he had no idea. He didn't bother to come back and let the line know so we all had to wait until they opened the doors at 7am to find out that they had a huge shipment of ...... 2 Wiis. Yeah that's not a typo. 2 ****ing Wii systems. Bastard made us stand out there for that. Now I've got a cold and feel like shit, it was 20 degrees outside. I just deserve to get the holy hell beaten out of me the next time I decide to shop at EB Games.

edit: Sorry, I missed the other Wii black friday thread. I'll repost this in that thread if the mods want to lock this.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
bill0527 said:
Not me. I just got the biggest pwning of my life thanks to EB Games.

I got there at 4am for the 7am store opening and I was 7th in line. I figured I was all set. The manager shows up at 6:30 and we asked how many he had. He said he'd have to count because he had no idea. He didn't bother to come back and let the line know so we all had to wait until they opened the doors at 7am to find out that they had a huge shipment of ...... 2 Wiis. Yeah that's not a typo. 2 ****ing Wii systems. Bastard made us stand out there for that. Now I've got a cold and feel like shit, it was 20 degrees outside. I just deserve to get the holy hell beaten out of me the next time I decide to shop at EB Games.

edit: Sorry, I missed the other Wii black friday thread. I'll repost this in that thread if the mods want to lock this.

Honestly, that seems to be EB corporate policy. I went with my friend to pick up his Wii this morning at an EB, and despite the line of probably 20-30 customers itching to get Wiis and PS3s they had a grand total of two PS3s and four Wiis. Didn't even give an indication as to how many they had - they kept everything locked up in the back and simply announced "We're out!" when they were done. I'm guessing the mentality is the more people they can drag into the store under the false pretense of letting them purchase a Wii or PS3, the more people they can con into buying used systems and/or preordering.

Daigoro

literature_storage.jpg

total.

Top Bottom