• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who watches "From All of Us to All of You" every Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or as it's known here in Sweden "Kalle Anka och hans vänner önskar God Jul"/"Donald Duck and His Friends Wish You a Merry Christmas".
I think over half of Sweden are watching it right now between 15-16.
Think we've shown it every year since 1959.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of the strangest pop cultural quirks.

OP, no one outside of Sweden does this.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Grew up with it. Hate it these days. The anguish as a child to endure Kalle Anka before getting Christmas presents has made me hate it in my adult life.

Nieces and family are watching it right now though, Ferdinand!

Firebrand

I haven't watched in many, many years, and I don't think my relatives do either but they (adults, mind you) insist the TV must be on for Donald Duck at 15.00.

Today I learned Donald Duck is far more popular in Sweden than Mickey Mouse. Sweden has good taste.

Mickey is Donald's shitty, boring friend. His stuff is filler in the Donald and Scrooge comic books.

Nieces and family are watching it right now though, Ferdinand!
Ferdinand is the worst part too. "Tre män i lustiga förhudar"

I've come to loathe this tradition. Watching the same Disney clip montage year after year... the camping trip, Santa's workshop, Mickey's X-mas tree decoration, the dinner scene from Lady and the Tramp, Robin Hood, Donald Duck birdwatching, "The Silly Song" from Snow White, Cinderella's dress, Ferdinand. Occasionally they'll throw in whatever contemporary thing Disney is promoting, which clashes entirely with the mid-1900s cartoons.

As a kid, it was the stuff that you had to sit through before the unboxing of presents. As an adult, you realize the monotony of it and wonder how the grown-ups managed at the time.

It must seem pretty bizarre to other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom