• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do you Americans never liked OFAH? [Only Fools and Horses] --- [GET ITT, PLONKER]

Only Fools and Horses was one the best shows ever created. While I like sitcoms like Seinfeld but in reality, Seinfeld can't hold a candle to OFAH.
This was a huge show in England as well as Europe. But for some reason, I read an article saying that the show was never popular in USA. But why?
The show has many London slangs and English specific jokes, but even I, who is not from those parts, never really had a problem with understanding these jokes.
So what do you think of Ofah, Americans? Did you heard about the show? Why do you think it never took off in USA?

I’ve tried to get some of my friends to watch shows like fawlty towers, the inbetweeners, fresh meat etc and none of them find it funny so I would assume it’s just a different taste in humor. For whatever reason I really tend to enjoy British comedies but don’t really know which ones I should watch...I’ll have to check this one out since this is the first I’ve heard of it.

I’ve tried to get some of my friends to watch shows like fawlty towers, the inbetweeners, fresh meat etc and none of them find it funny so I would assume it’s just a different taste in humor. For whatever reason I really tend to enjoy British comedies but don’t really know which ones I should watch...I’ll have to check this one out since this is the first I’ve heard of it.
You never heard of OFAH? Really?

SirTerry-T

I'm English, and I think it's one of the most overrated comedies ever. Outside of the bar moment, the chandelier moment and the Batman fancy dress moment, that's it.

"All right, Dave"
Fuck off, Trigger.

Dear John, was a better O'Sullivan show.
Most of the BBC 1 comedies leave me cold, they're either full or cheeky Cockerneeez of horrible middle-England, dinner party loving smug families.

The Young Ones still reigns supreme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom