• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't trailers end with QR codes to wishlist the game?

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Seriously, it's so obvious for me. Trailer these days ends with "pre order now!", But you either have to Google to search for the for the game page or go into console stores and check if the game is there. This is specially bad for game with weird names like "naraka" or even games that don't have defined titles when they are announced.

If all stores offered a simple link to allow for wishlist, you can easily turn that into a QR. No need to "check for description", just raise the phone and get it(or use Google lens).

Am I nuts? Shouldn't this be standard by now? Do you remember get interested into a game trailer and then forgetting the name/ release date later? You think wishlist is easy enough? You think there are better ideas than QR codes?

keraj37

To which store would the code link to, if the game is multiplatform?
The better solution is to simple note it down. At least to me.

Robb

Gold Member
No clue, sounds like a good idea. Maybe the people making the decisions about the trailers are just old farts.

Top Bottom