• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why exactly do we need 60GB in the PS3 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$h@d0w

I'm thinking 1080p HDTV too expensive, so PS3 20GB possibly for me...

What is all that hard drive space for?

llTll

Banned
CSSer said:
Space is always a good thing; demos, hidef media, etc. I actually think 60 is too small.

thats the only thing i can think of.
i am not going to pay for hidef media anyway

Zaptruder

Banned
60GB is needed to help justify price difference.

Seriously.

Plus it'll be handy for holding onto more demos or whatnot at once then the X360's.

hadareud

The Translator
CSSer said:
Space is always a good thing; demos, hidef media, etc. I actually think 60 is too small.
no it's not. Who keeps their demos and trailers once you played the actual game.

If you could download actual movies that's a different story.

llTll

Banned
hadareud said:
no it's not. Who keeps their demos and trailers once you played the actual game.

i wouldnt be shocked. it seems Sony is trying to connect the ps3 with its own sony store or something. i wouldnt be surprised if you are able to download some movies later on

hadareud said:

Hopefully, with Sony's catalogue of movies, you should be able to download full movies.
You could also use the extra space on the 60gb to store your own media i.e. music and movies ripped for the PSP.

Zaptruder

Banned
hadareud said:

I suspect you'll be able to download PS1 games as well as movies for the PSP off the PS3 network.

the HDD could help hold onto some of that stuff.

Homebrew look at the PSP . And also imagine how much will weight the demos from Sony's live, i gues 3 or 4 Gigs will become a standard for Nex-Gen :)

Every single PS3 game will support the HDD - we already hear plenty of X360 owners complaining that the useable 13GB of space they have isn't enough and X360 games don't even support the HDD across the board.

Add to that downloadable content and not just game demos either.

Sony owns the biggest movie library in Hollywood, as well as a music label and 1000s of BC PSOne and PS2 games which all be offered for download at some point.

I don't even think 60GB will be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom