• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Xbox is failing reason #29892 (the true reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in another thread but someone suggested creating a new one, so here it goes.

“One bozo gets another bozo. Soon, you're surrounded by bozos. This is called a bozo explosion” - Jobs, Steve.

The reason why Microsoft is failing is the same reason why EA, Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft and others are failing - or will fail completely - sooner or later. Western developers aren't viable anymore because they are a "toxic" place for people who are not activists.

Microsoft has always focused on western developers, and these are all riddled with crazy activism, diversity and incompetence. The people who used to make great games in the past were expelled from them and either retired or partnered with asian companies. The senior employees of Ubisoft and Activision who were still coping with the madness ended up leaving after the recent scandals.

But Sony has Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, etc? Ok, but these are still recycling IPs created a long time ago and I doubt they will be able to create new, interesting games for much longer.

Can you imagine an AAA team being formed around people like these today? No chance when the highest hierarchy of your company starts with a VP for Diversity & Inclusion.

0nTP9I4d9VfMrqZsTrEyntdFfJE2HxLnpnAfBDw2LxA.jpg

MS should look for talent in indie teams, find them around the world, in China, South Korea, Poland or wherever country where they can dedicate to their passion without being swallowed by woke people. Fund them, take risks.

Rykan

I posted this in another thread but someone suggested creating a new one, so here it goes.
Why? it's just nonsensical culture war rhetoric written by someone who clearly hasn't worked in a game development studio. Your examples are ridiculous, like claiming that AB, EA, and Ubisoft are failing. Really? They're some of the most successful publishers in the industry.

The notion that game studios are filled with “diversity hires” and "Activists" that there are no good, passionate game developers left is just laughable. It's pure fantasy.

Yeah, games aren't developed by 6 people in a basement anymore. Get over it.

Last edited:
Sonys whole main output is from western developers. That’s no excuse.

The problem MS have is management and lack of games. And creating studios in Korea, China or wherever isn’t going to change that, when they can’t manage studios next to them.

Why? it's just nonsensical culture war rhetoric written by someone who clearly hasn't worked in a game development studio. Your examples are ridiculous, like claiming that AB, EA, and Ubisoft are failing. Really? They're some of the most successful publishers in the industry.

The notion that game studios are filled with “diversity hires” and "Activists" that there are no good, passionate game developers left is just laughable. It's pure fantasy.

Yeah, games aren't developed by 6 people in a basement anymore. Get over it.
You missed the point. I’m talking about creativity and making good games, not being successful by milking IPs created by talented teams 10 or more years ago like CoD, FIFA or even Apex Legends.

Yes, Elden Ring, Resident Evil 4, Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 were not created by 6 guys in a basement, and also not created by American devs.

draliko

Jesus gaf is really disconnected from the real world... Some of you are basement dwellers teenagers... There are millions of people and hundreds of studios that would like to fail like ea or ubi or major western Devs... Do you know they make a fuckton of money right?

onQ123

“One bozo gets another bozo. Soon, you're surrounded by bozos. This is called a bozo explosion” - Jobs, Steve.

The reason why Microsoft is failing is the same reason why EA, Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft and others are failing - or will fail completely - sooner or later. Western developers aren't viable anymore because they are a "toxic" place for people who are not activists.

Microsoft has always focused on western developers, and these are all riddled with crazy activism, diversity and incompetence. The people who used to make great games in the past were expelled from them and either retired or partnered with asian companies. The senior employees of Ubisoft and Activision who were still coping with the madness ended up leaving after the recent scandals.

But Sony has Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, etc? Ok, but these are still recycling IPs created a long time ago and I doubt they will be able to create new, interesting games for much longer.

Can you imagine an AAA team being formed around people like these today? No chance when the highest hierarchy of your company starts with a VP for Diversity & Inclusion.

0nTP9I4d9VfMrqZsTrEyntdFfJE2HxLnpnAfBDw2LxA.jpg

MS should look for talent in indie teams, find them around the world, in China, South Korea, Poland or wherever country where they can dedicate to their passion without being swallowed by woke people. Fund them, take risks.

Sony just created 2 new IPs that did over 10 million Ghost of Tsushima & Horizon , Hell even Days Gone did over 8 million

Far right incels are hilarious.

Sony a Japanese company is more “woke” then MS. And they are much more successful. A game just has to be sound. It can be a cash grab, MTX fest, GaaS, loot-a-ton, woke, unwoke… as long as the game is sound.

Banjo64

cumsessed
You’re being panned but I don’t necessarily disagree.

Whilst Sony’s production values and gameplay are top notch, in my opinion the quality of the writing across all major studios (GG, ND, Insomniac and SM) has gone down considerably compared to the PS3 era. It’ll continue to descend in my opinion.

Last edited:

AZRoboto

Neo Member
You missed the point. I’m talking about creativity and making good games, not being successful by milking IPs created by talented teams 10 or more years ago like CoD, FIFA or even Apex Legends.

Yes, Elden Ring, Resident Evil 4, Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 were not created by 6 guys in a basement, and also not created by American devs.
Your point is awful nonsense

You can't possibly believe this shit for real. Woke culture is a big problem in many areas but not the main reason some games are released broken, or that Microsoft is failing. Just stop.

It's becoming a conspiracy theory at this point.

Yoboman

Eastern devs are no better. Actually, they are probably even worse. The whole industry lacks talent.
In the East it's the lack of seppuku. This woke mind virus has suddenly decided that slicing out your guts and having your head decapitated by your subordinate isn't "politically correct".

You commit seppuku even once these days and you are instantly cancelled by Twitter

Woopah

The hiring of anyone based on anything other than blind ability is though. The fact that game companies even have D&I departments shows this to be true.
I already explained to you in the last thread that D&I does not mean you stop hiring people based on ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom