• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wiicade - Free Flash games

dyls

I'm sure this has been posted, but I searched and found nothing so...

IGN link

Now that the Wii is out, proud owners are patiently waiting for Nintendo to release the Opera Internet browser so they can surf the Web with their Wiimotes. Once the browser is available, users will be able to do a lot more than just surf. While online, the Wiimote acts as a mouse. In what may be a happy side-effect of the Wii's motion-sensing controls, Flash games that only require a mouse can be played with the Wiimote. One website has already set up shop to traffic in Flash games designed specifically to be played on the Wii. Enter the WiiCade.WiiCade.com allows users to submit their own Wii-friendly Flash creations. All of the games can be played with only a mouse/Wiimote. We played several of the games on offer and were pleasantly surprised by their quality. Tactical Assassin puts you in the role of a sniper tasked with taking out specific targets. Each mission takes place on a single, blacked-out screen, and you'll use the Wiimote to control your scope and locate your target. You'll be given hints as to which person is your target and how they should be taken down. The game has a slick, stick figure art style and is a blast to play. Oh yeah, and it's free.

Of course, any Flash game can be played on the Wii using the Opera browser. But games that require more than just mouse controls may cause problems. WiiCade collects only Wii-friendly games, divides them into genres, and ranks their popularity. All of the site's games are currently playable on your computer, and we can't wait to give them a try with the Wiimote. You can either pay $5-$10 for 20-year old games on the Virtual Console, or play new games for free on a site like WiiCade.

Nintendo had originally planned to have the Opera browser available at launch, but its availability has obviously been pushed back and the company isn't saying exactly when it will be available.

Wiicade

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Pope Benedict XVI said:
That's pretty awesome

Would it be possible for game likes these to take input from the d-pad?

I think it all depends on how the Opera browser works, doesn't it?

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Now, if only Adobe would do the nice thing and release a version of Flash that is even half-friendly to game developers.

Lobster

Banned
:O Runescape confirmed.

Just realised..Online is gonna rock with all the point and click flash games out there!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
masud said:
I could see them doing that.

I don't. I doubt they'll strip out a feature that they've been touting just because some free distractions are available on the 'net.

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
MMaRsu said:
Youtube on my tv will be awesome :D

Will be? Ppl are already accessing youtube and any other site by using a DNS redirect from the shopping channel. It's on /. right now.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
emomoonbase said:
Will be? Ppl are already accessing youtube and any other site by using a DNS redirect from the shopping channel. It's on /. right now.

What's this?

White Man

fresquito said:
This and youtube will probably be my most visited sites when I have a Wii and Opera browser is active.

Youtube is pretty schweet on SD TVs. The vids just about take up the full screen.

dyls

emomoonbase said:

need more explanation.

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
dyls said:
need more explanation.

This forum has directions for using a DNS redirect through their PC and the wifi dongle to allow the Wii to go through the shopping channel to access outside websites.

There's a video on youtube of it in action.

I don't have a Wii so I havent tried it so it probably gives you aids or something.

Top Bottom