• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With PSVR 2 gaining PC support, what's the best PC VR option moving forward?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I've been contemplating diving into this space now that I have a PC that can take advantage of high-fidelity VR, and I had been leaning towards the Meta Quest 3....

But, making the assumption that PSVR 2 works on PC correctly and in a full-featured manner, would that be the preferable headset for PC VR?

I see a decent amount of PSVR 2 headsets on Facebook Marketplace for pretty cheap ($300 or less), and it's kind of tempting if/when I can use it with my PC.

Quest 3. If you don't have a VR device and are looking for one, Trial a Quest 3 at Best Buy if you can. People really need to try VR before they buy.

Danknugz

"But, making the assumption that PSVR 2 works on PC correctly and in a full-featured manner"

why would you assume this?

Minsc

Gold Member
As a Quest 3 owner, while I'm pretty excited to test the PSVR2 on PC, I don't expect it to replace the Quest 3 by any means.

But depending on your timetable, the Quest 2 Pro which should have more news this year - is possibly going to be a nice marriage of a higher end headset like AVP with VR/gaming. So it could be a huge step up from the Quest 3, like the Quest 3 was to the Quest 2.

Bry0

Strictly for PC? Still the quest 3.

I'd only recommend getting the PSVR2 if you also have a PS5 where you will use it extensively. But even still, we don't know what the PC support looks like and how good it will be.
I have both quest 3 and psvr2 and I have to agree with this 100%.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Damn, the Quest 3 is really that good huh? I never touch my Quest 2 anymore, so I haven’t been able to justify a 3.

I actually recently sold a design to Digital Foundry that they’re going to use for their merch, so maybe I’ll put that money towards a Quest 3. 🤔

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Meta Quest 2 or 3.

You spend either $250 or $500, and you’ve got the most popular PC compatible VR device, that includes its own platform that allows for wireless play.

PSVR2 only makes sense if you’ve got a PS5, and even then you’re losing out on wireless VR gaming.

XXL

I think the PSVR2 haptics (headset and controller) and the PSVR2 controllers are much better than any fidelity gains from the Quests lenses, which are minimal at best.

Guns feel amazing on PSVR2.

I'll mention, I own the Quest 2, but not Quest 3.

Crayon

Haven't tried a quest 3 but from what I've heard, it psvr would be better if you have a ps5 and pc, but quest would get you pc + standalone.

The psvr should really be $100 cheaper though. It's very nice but you have to look at the sales.

Top Bottom