• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Work argument. Worst song ever and why.

It's Jeff

Banned
So there are a few usual suspects being tossed around, like Abracadabra and one vote for The Final Countdown. I lobbied for this:

Alexa would resign if I told her to play this. If you have worse, I'll pass it along. Let me see what you've got.

EBE

The worst song would have to be something no one wants to listen, yeah? I nominate Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On. My reasoning is that it is so overused in commercials (seriously? we're STILL using it?) that I can't imagine someone wanting to listen to it unironically. Or any similar song as used extensively in commercials for comedic effect or the like (the Rocky theme is great but I swear to God if I have to listen to it one more time..)

OH-MyCar

I know there are all sorts of crazy Jan Terri-esque examples out there, but mine's pretty simple:

I hate that song so much that it straight-up begins to affect my judgement if I'm stuck in a waiting room or grocery store with it.

Edit: Damn, I kinda like that Duffy track.

Last edited:

FMbarbarian

I know there are all sorts of crazy Jan Terri-esque examples out there, but mine's pretty simple:

I hate that song so much that it straight-up begins to affect my judgement if I'm stuck in a waiting room or grocery store with it.

I’m with you. There is not a version of this song that doesn’t make me want to find the nearest window to jump out of.

e0n

Lots of terrible examples here. I would say anything by Brokencyde but I still have to admit their songs has some semblance of song structure.

cr0w

Old Member
To me it's "Headstrong" by Trapt. I know it's objectively not the worst song ever, but I hate it enough that upon hearing the first few seconds of the song once I ripped a TV off the wall and put it through a window. Alcohol may have been involved.

I just fuckin hate that song, man.

Edit: Damn, I kinda like that Duffy track.

I actually really like early Counting Crows, but I'm right there with you on that song. Any version (even the original) feels just painful for me to listen to. The laughter at the end feels especially cruel.

Top Bottom