• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you still have been excited for Cyberpunk 2077 if it had been delayed up till today?

If they kept delaying cyberpunk up till today, would you still have been excited?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • I wasn't excited In the first place

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 20 12.6%

• Total voters

Spaceman292

Banned
g1u9il5gylc11-1200x675.jpg
Oh look someone posted it again.

Heck yes. My hype was huge for this and it never really diminished at all prior to launch. It would have been a better experience if they delayed it but, I still enjoyed my first playthrough despite all the bugs and playing on an Xbox One X. I’m actually replaying on my Series X currently.

TheFawz

I lost all interest when they announced it was going to be First Person, and after playing it at launch and seeing what they fixed so far I stand by my stance of it having been a huge mistake. The core of the game is flawed and they were out of their element, no reasonable amount of extra time could have fixed the core of what's wrong with the game

Roni

Gold Member
Yeah, but then again I'm still hype about it too, so what do I know?

On my fourth playthrough, first proper on PC. Going for Arasaka's endings now...

The game is an amazing RPG sandbox... Make a character, roleplay it to your hearts content on the city. It's an awesome time!

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I preordered it, at a good price stupidly expecting the Next Gen patch to not be released 100 years later and so haven't played it. Could have bought it for less by waiting.

That's when I decided I was never going to preorder again.

I pretty much could not be less excited at this point. If they'd held it back until the game was finished, or said the next gen patch would be a long way off, I'd probably still be hyped. As is, I'm more resentful than anything.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Yeah I have learned to wait until a game is fully patched or a complete edition is released to play it. I just want to have the best experience. And also the game will be cheaper by then and maybe I end up having better HW down the line so it's a win win.

The only exception are from software games. Those are day one to me.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Current gen was their downfall. They should have canceled that version and delayed the game and release for current gen and PC only. The damage to their reputation because of that version is not worth the profit gain as this will hurt their next project.

ZywyPL

Banned
Ehh. GaaS and AAA games post-patches say hi (Including Nintendo). Almost all games nowadays are rushed.

Many GaaS games fail due how poor their initial state is tho, because after a month or two there simply isn't any community left to patch the game for. So even in modern era there is a certain low point the games cannot reach.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Yes, although it would have meant I would be more annoyed as that’s another year of being fed lies by CDPR.

Hydroxy

I wasn't excited much in first place. I don't let myself get consumed by hyped by games. Whether be it GTA V or Cyberpunk or Metal Gear Solid V or Death Stranding or whatever. The reality is even with patch 1.3 of Cyberpunk which I played, its still a mediocre game. No amount of patches are going to fix the issues with the story, writing, etc unless the write a lot of new stuff and bring back the voice actors and create new scenes etc

Top Bottom