• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE releases Mark "Muhammad Hassan" Copani

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/copani

According to John Laurinaitis, Vice President of Talent Relations for World Wrestling Entertainment, Mark Copani, a.k.a. Muhammad Hassan, and WWE have decided to go their separate ways.

Copani, who was last seen at The Great American Bash in late-July, had nothing but positive remarks about his WWE experience in recent phone interview.

“I have a great appreciation for WWE and the way they treated me,” said Copani. “Everybody took care of me even more than they ever had to. I have a great deal of gratitude for the McMahons, the people in the office and the boys in the locker room. I have absolutely no grievances in the way that everything played out. In fact, the split was very amicable. I just thought that it was in my best interest, as well as WWE’s best interest, for us to go our separate ways.”

With WWE now in his past, Copani is heading to Hollywood to pursue a career in acting. But does that mean WWE fans will never see the former Muhammad Hassan in a wrestling ring again?

“Wrestling is in my back pocket for now,” admitted Copani. “Luckily, the door was left open for a return if that is what I wish to do in the future. And if that’s something I wish to do, I know who to call.”

Real deal or a work?

Not a huge lose. Mildly entertaining gimmick, though not original at all. Funny theme music. Also pretty good on the mic. But just the same boring, no ring skill, muscle bound trash the WWE is already filled to the brim with.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I think the WWE probably threw some major cash his way.. they have to feel bad for the guy. He played his charachter perfectly, managed to become one of the top heels in a matter of weeks, and could handle himself on the mic.

Just very bad circumstances in the world and one poor booking choice ended his career. Hell, he went from co-headlining Summerslam to fired.

Guzim

DMczaf said:
Greatest theme music ever...never to be used again. :(
From PWInsider.com
For those of you wondering where this leaves Khosrov Daivari, he debuted in OVW at last week's TV taping under the name Sheik Daivari. Daivari is thought of as a strong performer and is well liked, so the feeling is he'll return at some point down the line when the right slot opens up.
Go Daivari! Come back to WWE and avenge Muhammad!

I'm not very thrilled about this.

i really blame Vince for taking his character way too far and getting it taken off TV.

Had he just taken things down a nothc the guy could have abeen a great heel for years to come. Especially considering just how GOOD he was on the mic.

Ah well, I wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do.

In other rasslin news, the Dudleys signed multi-year deals with TNA.. YIPPIE!

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
That's too bad. I hardly cared to watch his matches, but his interviews were always entertaining. I'm very happy that he wasn't actually fired.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Expect to see him on 24.

So what was the stuff he wasnt prepared to do? Sacrifice Virgins in the ring or something?

Triumph

Banned
This just proves Vince has fucking lost it. He wanted Hassan to be MORE controversial? And he's the guy behind the Kerwin White character.

What happened to your mojo, Vinnie Mac?

LakeEarth

You know why I liked Hassan? He was a character, which WWE really needs more of right now. I'm so sick of these "hey, I'm a wrestler and I want to fight" wrestlers. I mean that gimmick is fine, especially for the skilled but no charisma guys, but when 90% of the wrestlers are all like that it gets dull.

LakeEarth

Character wrestlers have their place. Not to go overboard like early 90s, but have some to spice it up. I'm sick of all these "Joe Shmoe" guys. How rare is it to get a new character without a normal fucking name. Guys look the same and I get them mixed up. Too many wrestlers with no identity.

DMczaf

LakeEarth said:
Character wrestlers have their place. Not to go overboard like early 90s, but have some to spice it up. I'm sick of all these "Joe Shmoe" guys. How rare is it to get a new character without a normal fucking name. Guys look the same and I get them mixed up. Too many wrestlers with no identity.

And it doesnt help that the "Joe Shmoe" guys all have the same theme music. :lol

Mihail

Banned
Even though his experience was good, the principle of the thing sucks.

"Hey, can you play this guy that everyone is going to hate?"

"Sure thing, boss."

"OK, now we're going to make them hate you even more."

"I'll do my best."

"Wow. Very nice job! Now you're fired."

LakeEarth

DMczaf said:
And it doesnt help that the "Joe Shmoe" guys all have the same theme music. :lol
That's another thing. Theme music is important to a characters identity. They've really gotta get back to the way they used to do it, because back in 98, nearly every wrestler had an a distinct, mostly enjoyable to listen to theme. Even guys who didn't last long, like Dan Severn, had sweet SWEET themes. When was the last time WWE released a "wrestler theme" compilation? John Cena's album doesn't count.

Nikashi

Banned
LakeEarth said:
That's another thing. Theme music is important to a characters identity. They've really gotta get back to the way they used to do it, because back in 98, nearly every wrestler had an a distinct, mostly enjoyable to listen to theme. Even guys who didn't last long, like Dan Severn, had sweet SWEET themes. When was the last time WWE released a "wrestler theme" compilation? John Cena's album doesn't count.

Well, Anthology I guess.

Nameless

Hassan sending Al-Queda jihadist after the Undertaker was probably the most awesome wrestling moment in the past 5 years.

RBH

Guzim said:
This is the greatest bump in the history of our forum!!!

04.jpg

I was about to comment on this until I read my now 2 year old comment and said WTF! I then said "who the fucked bumped this, ban them," and then scrolled down to see it was bishoptl.

Now I have nowhere to vent my anger and I am very confused, It is worse than a David Lynch movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom