• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Arcade compatible with Revolution, Xenon and Playstation 3, wow.

Hellraizah

http://www.x-arcade.com/adapters.shtml

"Adapters are currently in development for Nintendo's® Next Gen Console, Microsoft® XBOX 2™ , and Playstation 3™."

You heard it here first, that company is the first one to admit having prototypes of every next-gen gaming console.

By the way, does anyone have that controller ?? I heard somewhere that it had a slight delay when using it with Xbox (referring to the control inputs). Is that true ?

Sorry I'm late.

Yes I have a couple X's.

Yes there is lag. Understand that the lag comes from the console adaptors, so there is lag across all 4 currently supported consoles. In my tests, I found the lag to be only about a frame and a half. So, unless you are in or training for a tournement ( or parrying in SF3rd) DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. I do understand that XBOX Live does emphasize this issue, but I don't care for CVS2 much so i haven't tested that corner. Complaints coming from Shoryuken.com are likely valid though, a lot of those guys take it serious.

The X-Arcade is better off left to attaching to your PC via USB and playing Metal Slug 3 in Kawaks. The solo is a fine compaion for Mame32.

To head off the obvious questions: If you want a great arcade stick for any current or upcoming console fighters, build one yourself out of Happ parts. Keep the PCBs from the console controllers in a seperate box that any of the sticks that you make can attach to. This way every stick you make can be used on a PS2, GC, or XBOX with no lag.

Read the Shoryuken forums if you are interested, but please keep the repeat threads down.

Top Bottom