• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Ring of Death

So...I was playing Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis the other day and I pulled the ethernet cord out of the back of the 360 (carefully, on purpose) while the system was still on and I got the red ring of death. I shut it off, thinking it was acting that way because I took the cord out.

I just tried to boot it up now and I am still getting the ring of death.

FOR THE LOVE OF MARY, WHAT DO I DO?!?!

raYne

Hopefully not something stupid...

I pulled the ethernet cord out of the back of the 360 (carefully, on purpose) while the system was still on
Oh..

Shouldn't affect anything though...

MaverickX9 said:
So...I was playing Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis the other day and I pulled the ethernet cord out of the back of the 360 (carefully, on purpose) while the system was still on and I got the red ring of death. I shut it off, thinking it was acting that way because I took the cord out.

I just tried to boot it up now and I am still getting the ring of death.

FOR THE LOVE OF MARY, WHAT DO I DO?!?!

when the ring starts, quickly press the power button and keep it pressed, then turn it on and keep it pressed as well.

HAY GUYS MY 360 IS GONE BROKE AND I HERE THAT THIS HERE FORUM IS LIEK MS TECH SUPPORT BUT BETTER AN THAT THERE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN A THREAD EXACTLY LIKE THIS BEFORE THAT I COULD POST IN.

HELP PLZ.

Mojovonio

Banned
Fallofmart said:
HAY GUYS MY 360 IS GONE BROKE AND I HERE THAT THIS HERE FORUM IS LIEK MS TECH SUPPORT BUT BETTER AN THAT THERE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN A THREAD EXACTLY LIKE THIS BEFORE THAT I COULD POST IN.

HELP PLZ.

That wasn't funny at all, I hope you didn't put much effort into that reply.

Sometimes the red lights can mean something as simple as the a/v cable is loose, the manual explains what the different combination of red lights mean if I remember right.

Top Bottom