• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Unsuitable Launch Ad

Senretsu

lol! why won't they show it on TV? There's got to have been worse than that in terms of sensitive material (if thats the reason) aired before.

That's awesome. I never thought I'd see an Xbox ad like that. Then again, I don't know what the norm is for UK Xbox advertising. Of course if that ad were to come out here, there'd be some morons who'd be all over the violence this promotes, conveniently forgetting the days when Cops and Robbers was one of the main sources for entertainment for kids. I digress. I loved this commercial.

Senretsu said:
lol! why won't they show it on TV? There's got to have been worse than that in terms of sensitive material (if thats the reason) aired before.

maybe because a police officier was gunned down and killed last weekend in uk?

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Awesome and funny, but I gotta admit, there was something weirdly heartwarming about it.

EGM92

Dsal said:
Awesome and funny, but I gotta admit, there was something weirdly heartwarming about it.
Every man & women of multiple race coming together to kill each other as a whole without any descrimination? "Xbox 360 beyond racial stereotypes" :lol

Scotch

Made me think of the British comedy series Spaced, which has a scene like this. Pretty awesome nonetheless. I don't get what's so unsuitable about it by the way.

shpankey

not an idiot
Hmm.. you guys really thought that was hilarious?

Maybe it's my American sense of humor, but I didn't find that all that funny (though the grenade got a smile outta me).

I like the message the commercial relays though... makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

thorns said:
What's unsuitable about this ad?? FFS, I guess playings cops & robbers is unsuitable now too.

like i said, a police officier was gunned down and killed in the uk, microsoft probably removed it from being transmitted by their own accord.

Deg

Banned
I thought that was crap. The other ads are decent however. MS seem to come off as trying too hard.

shpankey said:
Hmm.. you guys really thought that was hilarious?
It was hilarious in the fact that it was childish and stupid....but it DOES make sense.

It reminds me of camp during my childhood....We were doing this play, and we were supposed to run around the stage like stupid humans, and accidently bump into each other, or fall....I forget what...but I remember doing something like that commercial as a kid. Ahh..the memories.

Scotch said:
Made me think of the British comedy series Spaced, which has a scene like this.

It made me think of Spaced also... Probably because they completely and totally ripped it off when they made this commercial.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I thought it was excellent.

It makes you think of when you were young, and played cops and robbers, or cowboys and indians. Its OK being a kid, even when you are a grown up.

Ironclad

Just got a chance to watch it. Brilliant commercial. It's a shame we won't see it air. The cell phone bit was great. :lol

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Great commercial.

Makes me want to join the British Navy.

Danj

That advert was brilliant, and I think it's a shame it won't be seen on TV. Also, what was with that thing that said the video wouldn't work in the UK? I tried that MSN link, and it worked fine other than the fact that it said the video was unavailable, but I assumed that was just because of server load since it didn't come up with any errors saying "You're in the UK so you can't access this" or anything like that. Anyway, the other link works OK so that's cool.

Jerkface

Banned
I hope they at least run it before adult-themed movies in the theater, would hate to see something so amazingly fun go to waste on the internet.

Error Macro said:
It made me think of Spaced also... Probably because they completely and totally ripped it off when they made this commercial.

I think you might find they ripped off FIVE YEAR OLD KIDS who do this kind of thing a lot. The same as Spaced did!

Dylx

Wait one Sec!!!! The waterballon Ad was not suppost to run???

Because they show it on tv all the time here (Detroit, MI)

donny2112

When I saw the woman do a roll, I thought it was going to be an ad specifically for Perfect Dark Zero. I could also see this as an ad for Metroid Hunters (for the portableness, especially), but then they wouldn't have guns and no rolling. I can see why they wouldn't show it, though. Even though it's pretend, you have a full train (bus?) station of "dead" people because everyone was carrying and trigger-happy. :lol

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Error Macro said:

Spaced was slow motion, this was full speed. New idea total.

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
OMGWTFJIBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(jump in)

That was the most kick ass commercial I have ever seen. SO INTENSE, and then so, uh

game-like

Awesome. PC crap is weak. This should have been shown. Tomorrow during football would have worked. Thanks Jack Thompsons of the world. your days are numbered as we age, and your kind move off to the loony bin.

GhaleonEB

Dsal said:

I was smiling all the way through, then actually laughed out loud at the guy in the cab at the end. Great ad, great theme.

Why this can't air when every other show on TV is about people killing each other, or trying to figure out who killed who and why, is nuts.

Top Bottom