• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 VGA Cable Problems -- WTF!

Sullichin

I know there have been threads on this, but no definite answers.

I have the 360 VGA cable hooked up to my 19" 4:3 LCD monitor. DOA4 and COD2 look grand in 1024x768. I know I have to change PGR3 to 1024x768 because it looks like shit in 1280 (wtf.)

Today I decided to pop in Halo 2 and it too looks like SHIT in 1280x1024. It looks like widescreen, but not the proper aspect ratio. In fact, the only resolution that looks "good" is 640x480, but since it's not my monitor's native res it looks better on my f'n CRT TV..

Question 1: Are all BC games like this? I want to buy Ninja Gaiden Black, but not if it's going to look like crap.

Question 2: Any recomendations for a High quality yet not so pricey VGA switcher? It just needs to have a little knob or button on the box to switch over. The one I have now is a piece of shit. Also, the only vga cable that looks good on my 19 inch monitor is the one that came with it. When I connected other wires through the splitter (and thus the VGA cable from my laptop > monitor is not the one that my monitor came with), there is atrocious ghosting. I bought a new cable, same problem. I hear that some VGA cables don't work well with larger monitors. Why is this? Where can I get a cheap VGA cable that won't look like shit? Why is this so hard :(

Shawn128

1. Halo 2 & forza look great on mine. I use same resolution, make sure you manually select widescreen mode in the console settings on the dashboard.

2. try radioshack or best buy, i myself dont see too many vga switch boxes

bee

i totally know what u mean , i have 2 monitors one is a 19 inch ilyama crt and the other a 19 inch widescreen tft , pgr3 uses some weird 1024x600 resolution so lcd screens need to scale it and hence look like shit scaling up and halo2 just looks like shit full stop , i tried them both with my crt monitor though and although pgr3 had considerable borders they both looked way better on the crt.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
You need a great deal of bandwidth for HD resolution, so the low-end VGA switchers aren't gonna cut it I'm afraid.

Top Bottom