• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xena question: What season does Gabrielle become badass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the series finale the other day and had forgotten how cool Gabrielle was once she jettisoned her pacifist attitude. Does anyone know what season she started to go through these changes? At some point she picks up two sais which she uses as her weapon instead of her staff which was pretty cool. Plus, she did become hotter and ditched the "sports bra" look. :lol

Sports bra, pacifist Gabrielle

gabrielle.xena.jpg

Badass Gabrielle! She'll cut you!

gaby_profile_2.jpg

...I hate Xena. :\

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys is one of my favorite syndicated shows of all time, but for some reason I just couldn't stand Xena: Warrior Princess. I was so pissed off when Hercules ended first, and Xena just kept dragging on for another year or two...

Spike Spiegel said:

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys is one of my favorite syndicated shows of all time, but for some reason I just couldn't stand Xena: Warrior Princess. I was so pissed off when Hercules ended first, and Xena just kept dragging on for another year or two...

Hercules was okay but his sidekick I wished a slow and painful death.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Hercules was okay but his sidekick I wished a slow and painful death.
I wished the same thing for much of Xena's cast. Especially when they did crossovers. ;)

And Iolaus did die a slow and painful death, at least once as I recall.

Gabrielle >>> all these other Xena babes

I didn't watch enough Xena. It seemed really stupid to me at first, then I caught myself secretly watching one now and then... it's quite a lot of fun. The musical episodes where cool!

lordmrw

Spike Spiegel said:

Same here. Hercules seemed to be one of the only decent shows that came on on sunday, and I never did see how it ended.

Nikashi

Banned
Speaking of syndicated action shows, how did Mortal Kombat: Konquest end? (or whatever the fuck it was called). Last I heard, there were some female warriors who were teaming up/fucking with Reptile and Sub Zero had just shown up, as a good guy.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Nikashi said:
Speaking of syndicated action shows, how did Mortal Kombat: Konquest end? (or whatever the fuck it was called). Last I heard, there were some female warriors who were teaming up/fucking with Reptile and Sub Zero had just shown up, as a good guy.

Shao Kahn won. Seriously... last ep Shao Kahn kicked Raiden's ass during a conversation as they were apparently in a portal on their way to Outworld(raiden didn't know). All the heroes are killed... I think Quan Chi even gets it....

http://www.totalmortalkombat.com/storylines/conquest/index.php?action=view&id=22

It was actually a pretty cool ep... too bad it was prematurely the end of the series.

DarienA said:
Shao Kahn won. Seriously... last ep Shao Kahn kicked Raiden's ass during a conversation as they were apparently in a portal on their way to Outworld(raiden didn't know). Everybody dies.

That was the only episode I watched, and I just flicked over onto it. I was shock and awed!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
karasu said:
Yeah the last ep of MK was uber trippy.

lucy49.jpg

esquire02.jpg

I'd hit that....

MK started off slowly and the camera work for fight scenes was terrible, but the show definitely improved as it went along... and though for the non-martial artists they continued to keep the cameras and cuts close for some of the others the fight sequences definitely improved.... and the last ep in terms of Shao Kahn getting everyone... awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom