• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 Remaster’s new screenshots

Mista

Banned
Yakuza-5-1.jpg

Sega released several screenshots to show off the game, many highlighting the series’ offbeat minigames and the day-to-day lives of the characters.

Yakuza-5-PS4-1.jpg

Yakuza-5-PS4-3.jpg

Yakuza-5-PS4-7.jpg

Yakuza-5-PS4-11.jpg

Yakuza-5-PS4-15.jpg

Yakuza-5-PS4-16.jpg

Petrae

Sony California is going to take its scissors to this game, isn’t it? Ah, to be a Japanese game in a business ruled by Puritanical Liberals. It’s gotta suck.

RavageX

You guys sure can kill some hype, lol. I can't describe the feeling when the first posts I see in a gaming thread are about some social/political stuffs. I know it's jokes...but it just highlights a real problem in gaming these days.

Hurts my childish spirit.

Now for Yakuza, I love the series...a lot. I will buy this game just like I've bought all the others that I can to offer my support, but as far as playing them....I'm getting a little burned out. I still have 6 and their take on Fist of the Northstar to finish but I have decided to take an extended break.

CloudSolace

I wish the Yakuza series was dubbed like the upcoming Judgment game is. I'd probably like it better. That doesn't mean that I don't like the Yakuza games, though. I just haven't played a lot. Mostly just Kiwami.

kunonabi

Sad thing is the Yakuza team censors and removes stuff on their own these days so Sony may not have to do all that much.

Fbh

Hopefully it comes to the west sooner rather than later.

By the time this came out I no longer had my PS3, it's the only one of the main series I haven't played

OldGamer

I want at least Yakuza 3 by the end of 2019. Ideally we can get a 3-5 bundle or simultaneous release in the west since these remasters are more direct and basic not as restructured as the Kiwami games.

CloudSolace

Yeah, I don't think they should drag out the releases for 3-5, but they probably will. Prepare for Yakuza Kiwami 3, 4, and 5.

Kazza

I wouldn't expect any announcement until after the release of Judgment in June. Once that happens, we'll start to hear about western releases for these remasters. I think they are too big to fit on one, single compilation. I expect Y3 to be out by the end of the year (maybe even a simultaneous PS4/PC release, seeing as the PC is getting Kiwami 2 next month).

xrnzaaas

Yeah I won't mind if they release all remasters separately. Each will be worth its price for sure, especially for people like me playing Y3-5 for the first time.

Nok Su Kow

Seriously where's the English version? or at least confirmation that it's coming (I'm hoping they are holding off for a triple pack)

Now for Yakuza, I love the series...a lot. I will buy this game just like I've bought all the others that I can to offer my support, but as far as playing them....I'm getting a little burned out. I still have 6 and their take on Fist of the Northstar to finish but I have decided to take an extended break.
Part of me agrees with this.

Part of me would be ok playing Judgment, 3, 4, and 5 back to back.

Top Bottom