• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon DLC ‘Additional Challenge Expansion Pack’ announced, includes ‘New Game Plus’ and ‘High Difficulty Mode’

Mista

Banned
Yakuza-7-Yarikomi-Expansion-Pack_02-25-20.jpg

Sega will release the paid downloadable content “Additional Challenge Expansion Pack” for Yakuza: Like a Dragon “soon” in Japan, which will add additional challenge elements such as “New Game Plus” and a “High Difficulty Mode” limited to a second playthrough, the company announced.

Further information about the add-on will be announced at a later date.

Gematsu

I really enjoy that multiple playthroughs of a game are always translated by Google as "laps." Like NG+ is for the second lap. Kinda wonder what the Japanese word is they are using to refer to the second playthrough.

CyRuZ

Banned
Glad Kiryu story is complete and the new fighting mechanics turned me off from the start. Greedy scumbags.

sublimit

Banned
I decided a long time ago to skip this game since i very much dislike the main character and the gameplay changes seem for the worst. But now this pretty much seals it. This will be the first time i skip a game in this series.Hope they get back on track after this one.

Last edited:
What's really sad is new game plus has been a standard feature in the series for awhile (since 2). Definitely a skip now.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Lame, NG+ should never be hidden behind a paywall.

(not that it will affect me, I always finish Yakuza games only once ;))

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Why is this even a thing? The game isn't even out here yet and doesn't even have a release date.

Get with me after that gets announced!

GymWolf

Why teh fuck is the new difficulty locked behind the completition of the game?

Let me play since start at max difficulty ffs...you can finish every yakuza game with your hands behind your back if you are even a little skilled in brawler games...

Amaranty

I decided a long time ago to skip this game since i very much dislike the main character and the gameplay changes seem for the worst. But now this pretty much seals it. This will be the first time i skip a game in this series.Hope they get back on track after this one.
I finished Yakuza 0 and currently playing Kiwami 1. Unless it gets more refined in later series, I'd say combat mechanics are pretty poor in Yakuza games. It gets tedious quite fast.

Top Bottom