• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YMMV: $70 xbox elite controller with old xbox one controller trade in. BB

sensui-tomo

This deal is only for the united states, sorry Canada and other regions.
So just posting this here since we really dont have a deal thread and i know people like the xbox one elite controller so heres the deal going on at the moment and note this is a YMMV(your millage may vary) deal but generally should work unless you have one of those employees).
Sign up here http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/col...Type=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchRedirect=student for the best buy student coupon (you no longer need a edu email) so you can get a 30% off any xbox accessory (which includes the elite controller) You can either print this out or open it via a smartphone or something.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/trade-in-offer/pcmcat1495826380582.c?id=pcmcat1495826380582
Trade in a old xbox one black controller that still works to get a $20 giftcard plus $30 coupon off the purchase of a xbox elite controller. the computer will do the $30 off first then do the 30% off and using the $20 giftcard should knock it down to $70 before taxes. The computer is able to take these two promotions and combine them so the only way it wont be accepted is if an employee is really against the idea.

Thought i'd post it here since its a good deal and i try to help gaf out every now and then.

If this was posted take it down.

sensui-tomo

Do they ask for a student ID or anything?

nope, in fact all you do is show them the coupon that gets sent on the email, or print the coupon and have them scan it. BB's website used to require you to have an .edu mail but they dont all of a sudden. You might however need an actual id to do the controller trade in if your state/city laws consider trade ins like pawn shops.

Hmm. Might do that this weekend. Got a Best Buy gift card in my pocket, and the Elite seems like the gold standard for controllers for the foreseeable future.

sensui-tomo

Hmm. Might do that this weekend. Got a Best Buy gift card in my pocket, and the Elite seems like the gold standard for controllers for the foreseeable future.

just note that the trade in part (the trading in the old xbox controller to get the $30 off and $20 giftcard) ends on the 12th.

Chjemah

Neo Member
Controller must power on, not be damaged or have its warranty seal broken to be considered working

Does anybody know if the "damaged" applies just to visible damage? I have an Xbox One controller with a bumper that only works some of the time. Do they just see that the controller powers on or do they test it somehow?

sensui-tomo

Does anybody know if the "damaged" applies just to visible damage? I have an Xbox One controller with a bumper that only works some of the time. Do they just see that the controller powers on or do they test it somehow?

when i went the person there just pressed that xbox power button to see if the damn thing turned on, so i assume its only about physical seen damage.

zeeaykay

Does the 30% off for the student discount apply automatically when you check out with that account? Or is there another coupon to use?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you get an email with the coupon enclosed.

sensui-tomo

How long is this deal going? I want to try this but I don't have enough money for the Elite until next week.

this particular deal to get it at $70 (plus taxes) lasts until the 12th, the 30% off student discount lasts a tad longer so you'd be technically paying around $105 or something i think.

I just got the student 30% xbox accessory for signing up. One of the first * states the coupon is not eligible with other offers. I'm sure some Gaffers will get that one A-hole.

StillEdge

Do I really have to print this coupon it's 2017 can I just have them scan my phone.
Just looked at the coupon it says you can scan it and not print it.

Just drove 25 minutes to get that one A-hole (despite being told it would be totally okay over the phone).

Yeah, I'm on the fence. If I get all the way down there and they tell me I only get to use one offer which makes the controller 100 bucks. I might just wait until black Friday or cyber Monday.

Yeah, I'm on the fence. If I get all the way down there and they tell me I only get to use one offer which makes the controller 100 bucks. I might just wait until black Friday or cyber Monday.

Honestly it might make more sense to do a standard trade-in with an open box excellent condition controller. I've seen them go for $79 and you'd get $15-20 for the controller itself. No coupons necessary.

Honestly it might make more sense to do a standard trade-in with an open box excellent condition controller. I've seen them go for $79 and you'd get $15-20 for the controller itself. No coupons necessary.

On BB site the cheapest open box controller I see is 104.99 but the 30% student discount can be applied making it roughly $70. Are talking about a used one somewhere else?

Not interested until it's apparent that they actually build these things to the premium quality they claim. QA is abysmal. Same crappy analog sticks as the regular model. I had two that went back for obvious defects straight from the box.

Do I need a 2nd Elite controller?

DO I?!

I don't even know if I have any of my older crappy controllers left. I don't want to trade in the unique ones.. hmmm.

Nista

I might give this a try, I've been using the heck out of my Elite controller, and it'd be nice to have a second one for playing multiplayer or on the computer.

sensui-tomo

just to show that it did work for me
rNUskGj.jpg

below the picture showing the 2 discounts is the $20 giftcard taking the price down too, i got the warranty because why the fuck not. its for 2 years.

If you're near Savannah, GA, you may still be in luck and even more to boot. The trade-in deal coupon won't print properly there, and they applied the $50 manually. They still used the regular trade credit from the controller as well. Total price wound up being $43.84.

Big thanks for the heads up about the deal.

Top Bottom