• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite movie quote of all time?

Blade.jpg

Only Wesley Snipes would think of something so simultaneously retarded and badass.

I fucking love that line.

Love this movie, in general. Best intro ever

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I know, it's technically cheating but the movie wasn't as bad as people say, IMHO.

Sir....please allow me the honor of dealing with this Harkonnen animal

The way that Patrick Stewart delivers that line is so good.

My absolute favorite:

"Some people hate the English, I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers."

Last edited:

Arnold has so many one-liners it's impossible to keep track. Hell, just Batman & Robin's Mr. Freeze quotes could go on for pages.

For me personally, I gotta agree with "Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill" such a profound, stupid, and hilarious quote. Wesley Snipes is the GOAT and Blade is still one of the best comic films ever.

VanEs

Proudly? Must I wear it proudly? And spit on my mother's pride? Where were you when we nearly died of hunger, persecuted by the scum of this land. Now that your calf has grown to be a bull with horns you want him in your royal house? I accept this spear and shield, symbols that make me a Zulu warrior. But THIS I will take by force, as I made everything that I am by force.

W9E2YCx.jpg

Slaylock

Casablanca is my all-time favorite movie and it has a ton of great quotes:
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
  • I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
  • Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
  • We'll always have Paris.
  • Round up the usual suspects.
  • I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
But for some reason, this has always been my favorite:

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Casablanca is my all-time favorite movie and it has a ton of great quotes:
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
  • I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
  • Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
  • We'll always have Paris.
  • Round up the usual suspects.
  • I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
But for some reason, this has always been my favorite:

Rick: "And remember, this gun is pointed right at your heart."

Captain Renault: "That is my least vulnerable spot."

Slouchy

Neo Member
"And do you know what we did when we found a hole in the fourth dimension? We launched monkeys into it."

Terrible movie, great quote.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." - Vito Corleone, "The Godfather."

"I don't feel like I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies." - Michael Corleone, "The Godfather Part II."

“Yes they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!”’ A Time to Kill

"Yippee ki yay, motherfucker." - John McClane, "Die Hard."

"She got that nasty woman's disease." Albert/Mister's daddy from "The Color Purple."

tumblr_pgwmoivO181v9n68ko1_500.gif

AgitatedRevolvingHoneyeater-size_restricted.gif

b40fe705-3fbc-4835-9224-cfe17f1ef92f-gif.1313649

Excess

No Country for Old Men is my favorite movie and there's so many monologues, quotes and conversations that I could mention from it, but this entire scene of dialogue is deep as fuck, where a two country bumpkins ponder the the meaning of life, morality, judgment, spirituality and facing death.

Tschumi

That's impossible.

THERE'S MORE TO THE DIAHREY, THAN JOOST THA MAHP

[Entire script of blazing saddles]

Last edited:
The Wave speech from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is probably the best, most concise summation of the 60s that I've ever heard...

Also,

"Lets get down to brass tax....how much for the ape?"

Game over, man.

Well that's just fuckin' great man!

Bill Paxton RIP... legend.

The Wave speech from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is probably the best, most concise summation of the 60s that I've ever heard...

Also,

"Lets get down to brass tax....how much for the ape?"

One of my favorite movies of all time. Back in my 20's we quoted this movie non-stop (and did tons of hallucinogens to go with watching it).

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I know, it's technically cheating but the movie wasn't as bad as people say, IMHO.

It’s a great movie and very unique visually. If I wanted 100% accurate script I have a book for that.

One of my favourites is simply:

There can be only one - Highlander

Loope

Top Bottom