• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'YouTube Playables' seem to be released - Arcade type games played in-browser

I never quite understood the point of "in browser". Streaming, does not really need their own app or programm, could run in browsers, but anything else "in browser" just needs some download somewhere. So it is either small enough to be in the regular cache thing or require some GB download like Quake Live. I am not sure what role the browser is supposed to play in any of this or how it is better than regular installs when it is some more actual games with 3d visuals or whatever.

Shakka43

Works in the YouTube app too.
FzDT451.png

Solarstrike

Gold Member
It's a start! Cool stuff. Steam needs this. And the ability to add filters for games (CRT, etc)

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Easy to play and that’s a beautiful thing, there’s a whole App Store of games and yet here I am playing games on YouTube which looked like this 15 years ago:

googlebought.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like this is launching out of beta today

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Been using this since Linus said something about it weeks ago. Works great on my phone and tablet through the YouTube app. Really fast and some of the games are really fun. Love the soccer one.

Super Goal and Pocket Soccer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom