• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yves Guillemot: "We learned from the mistakes we made with Watch Dogs"

Mechazawa

Really? Because it looks like The Division is going to repeat the cycle.

The Division was only unveiled a year after Watch Dogs.

Whatever "lessons" Ubisoft learned wouldn't have started dawning on them until last year when downgrade-gate would've kicked into full gear and when Division at E3 2014 would've already looked worse than their initial reveal.

At least Rainbow Six looks more or less the same and was playable at E3 last year. Ghost Recon was also in a playable state behind closed doors this year.

Certinty

Honestly I didn't care much about the downgrade. Absolutely loved the game and it still looked great, can't wait for the next installment.

Lime

I hope the next game will have no shooting at all. That probably goes for all of Ubisoft's marquee games.

Dabanton

Looking at that Ghost Recon game that definitely looks like it's being done on doable hardware rather than the fantasy that Watchdogs presented.

iBlue

I trust you yves but I don't think I will get your new assassins creed game at least til it's really cheap.

prudislav

Well it looks like Yves is telling the truth for once at least about showing pre-release stuff - look for example how with Unity they showed amazing trailers and stuff and the game ended up being buggy mess - with Syndicate they showed messy alpha footage and some subpar trailers showing of the news and gadgets, but i guess that's truly what they have right now , not some awesomesause polished vertical slice... now it remains to be seen if the approach they are taking with Syndicate is better or not

Well it looks like Yves is telling the truth for once at least about showing pre-release stuff - look for example how with Unity they showed amazing trailers and stuff and the game ended up being buggy mess - with Syndicate they showed messy alpha footage and some subpar trailers showing of the news and gadgets, but i guess that's truly what they have right now , not some awesomesause polished vertical slice... now it remains to be seen if the approach they are taking with Syndicate is better or not

You don't remember that pre release gameplay video where the framerate was in the low twenties?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
They showed two awesome vertical slice presentations made for e3. Then in interviews said "they now have a good idea of what the full game should be like and that some stuff in the demo might not make it into the full game" (granted, the only thing that didn't was the crowds charging into places). After e3 they only showed off story and co-op missions. Albeit on pc until they invited journalists to come play the xb1 version.

Derp

“With E3 2015 we said, OK, let’s make sure the games are playable"
Lmfao. This is so sad.

And yeah, The Division is most probably in a playable state after that downgrade, so they aren't lying.

Top Bottom