• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Four Swords DS? Game of Life DS? DS PDA Software? Yes, Yes, Yes!

jmoe316

Well according to the new Nintendo Power magazine (Vol 207, September, Rayman on the cover) in their Game Watch Forecast (where they list upcoming releases).

For the DS they have Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (Tentative Title) as Announced.

The Game of Life (published by Atlus) as Announced.

Lastly, what seems to be PDA software, Organizer Plus from SummitSoft as Announced.

IGN doesn't even have a DS version of Four Swords listed and they said the Japanese version of the Game of Life was cancelled. I sure hope IGN is wrong and NP is right.

ethelred

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Well they really should port 4 Swords over to the DS. It was a great game very few people got to enjoy.

Hyrulean Mode in Four Swords Adventures was an absolutely fantastic game in pretty much every regard.

A port would be acceptable, I guess, but disappointing. On the other hand, I would kill for a new Four Swords game on the DS styled after FSA's Hyrulean mode, with Nintendo Wifi Connection play. I'd really kill for it.

Shiggy

"Lastly, what seems to be PDA software, Organizer Plus from SummitSoft as Announced."
Wasn't this game announced last year?

I think Four Swords was cancelled in favor of Phantom Hourglass, but that probably was a faked interview.

I really hope a Four Swords DS game is true, simply because WiFi would make it the best ****ing DS game available. Please, Nintendo, after PH, give us Four Swords!!

Or even better yet, since PH seems to be delayed, add Four Swords in PH!

ViDnEz

Zelda Four Sword is a fantastic game, but part of the cool factor is the change of perspective between TV and GBA.

Anyway, I think it would be pretty fun if the game is Wi-Fi enable.

ViDnEz said:
Zelda Four Sword is a fantastic game, but part of the cool factor is the change of perspective between TV and GBA.

Anyway, I think it would be pretty fun if the game is Wi-Fi enable.

The DS has two screens. Doesn't have nearly the same effect as TV-GBA, but it still should work well.

ethelred

BrandNew said:
I really hope a Four Swords DS game is true, simply because WiFi would make it the best ****ing DS game available. Please, Nintendo, after PH, give us Four Swords!!

Or even better yet, since PH seems to be delayed, add Four Swords in PH!

That wouldn't be a "better yet." It'd be a regression.

Four Swords was originally just a cheap minigame made to spruce up an old port, but in FSA it proved versatile enough (with spectacular level design) to hold up as its own fully-fleshed out game. Cutting all the features that would be necessary to include it in a real Zelda game, and knocking it back down to minigame status, would be a massive disappointment.

Four Swords deserves to stand on its own as a spinoff series with new original games developed under the title.

Tadaima

FSA is one of my favourite games ever. Multiplayer was perfect.

Screw PH and give us FS DS D8< ...Please ;_;

Eh, actually you're right. I would like it more if it were its own stand alone game, with both single player and multiplayer. I wonder if Capcom can do it?

Bo130

That would be awesome - hope it's true. Game of Life looks so cool :D

EDIT: Thought it was the one where you draw everything - nevermind then. Anyone remember the name of the other one I mentioned above? :)

Jackano

I hope for a multiplayer Zelda game on DS and for a Navi Tracker's mode !

trackers1.jpg

h-264_12660_zeldatt_ss_GBA04.jpg.jpg

I wish they would port over Four Swords from (ALTTP GBA) to the DS allow us like me who hasn't play the game cuz of force multi-player mode.
I really wanna play the game if they remade the FS for single player even though it still multi-player game.

Isn't 'The Game of Life' 'Jinsei Game DS' released this week in japan by Atlus?

Well, bring it...but don't forget 'Sekaiju no Meikyou' which looks tons better :)

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Em, well I would like for a wifi one, but you know PH has multiplayer too... (just 2 players though)

Jackano

KimiSan said:
Em, well I would like for a wifi one, but you know PH has multiplayer too... (just 2 players though)

And just in LAN.

Nintendo release ~1 Zelda game/year since Ocarina of Time.

This year, we have PH, TP and Tingle RPG :D
Nothing in 2007 ? We will see... before a likely second Wii Zelda in later 2008... i hope! :)

Tadaima

Jackano said:
Nothing in 2007 ?

PH is now 2007.

I'm not sure Tingle really counts, as it's more of a spin-off.. It's sort of like calling "WarioWare" a Mario game, a bit.

Bartman3010 said:
Buh? It was being worked on in English? (THe Navi Trackers thing)

It was released in the Japanese version of FSA, but the English version was scrapped. Sry ;_; </3

Bo130

Navi's Trackers rocked. Tetra's Trackers in NTSC-version until it was dumped, IIRC.

Come on people, PDA and an (most likely) online multiplayer Zelda - we can't still be one page 1 :D. Looking forward to pictures, they should be able to maintain the graphics from the GC-version, I think.

Top Bottom