• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

ROMhack

Should let the courts handle it. Airing such a strong accusation on social media is asking for trouble for both parties.

Last edited:
Summary of the Twitter replies...

flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

MiguelItUp

Heed well this man's image...
He's a horrible example, and he's wasting his time going to court across the board.

That being said, all I can ever hope is when allegations like this are made, that they're true. If they're not, then I hope for nothing but the worst for those people making false allegations.

I also wish it would all just stay off of social media. If it's a real issue, take it to court, and settle it there. That's that.

Last edited:
I like how she just casually refers to yet another guy who raped her apart from the guy she's currently accusing. I guess she has that one on the backburner in case this one falls through without much action. A cunning move straight out of the Zoe Quinn play book.

Daily reminder that this is what she looks like:

JlFQ19q.jpg

Dr. Robotnik lookin ass

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Reading that again, she got assaulted, then started flirting with someone online, then decided “I’m going to move in with this person and be dependent on them to pay my way home”. Is she for real? I know people that have been assaulted they don’t immediately jump back into vulnerable situations. This is fishy

Also DONT MIX BUSINESS AND PLEASURE you would think a 32 year old would have learned th his by now. She just starts flirting with some guy and decides to go into business at the same time. It’s weird. Have you ever found a job by flirting with someone who then hired you? Wtf. Talk about sleeping your way to the top

Last edited:

M0G

Having read that story it sounds to me there's probably a dozen witnesses at least to corroborate her story. Naturally, now she's shown the confidence to go public with this everyone will be in her corner to seek justice. I'm not saying the story I believe the story or not, I don't know these people. But yeah social media isn't the justice system :/

CDiggity

If Alec truly is the monster ZQ says he is and has the receipts to prove it, then the only way to stop him is to have him arrested and convicted in a court of law. The fact that zero action has been taken to involve the authorities shows to me that she is not telling the whole story at best and maliciously lying at worse.

Last edited:

ROMhack

This is pure attention seeking bullshit "Somebody raped me....... but I'll keep it to myself until the time is right".

I knew a girl who accused every guy she dated of rape because was obsessed with attention and pitty. It's practically a mental illness.

Yeah, I have a friend who accused her ex of raping her and aired it online. I do believe her, but didn't agree with the publicity.

Last edited:

MizzyLone

I just googled her and the first thing Google images showed me were her nudes. SHe's young in them, 20 I guess. So is this women an Instagram celeb or a high-level personality in the Video games industry for me to give a shit about what happened to her? i got my own problems to deal with if she got raped then she should've gone to the police. Complaining it on twitter isn't going to get any results.

nush

Gold Member
Having read that story it sounds to me there's probably a dozen witnesses at least to corroborate her story.
A dozen people stood around and watched her get raped? No. They can corroborate things around that time and the setup. That's all.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

If Alec truly is the monster ZQ says he is and has the receipts to prove it, then the only way to stop him is to have him arrested and convicted in a court of law. The fact that zero action has been taken to involve the authorities shows to me that she is not telling the whole story at best and maliciously lying at worse.
Exactly. Something else to note is that those that are guilty will often play the "I did nothing wrong" card and will often go to court to make it look as if it's true. Well, and in their position, it makes sense, especially if they're some celebrity. But in the long run, at least at that point, it's up to the court to put together, and they will.

But just running on social media and airing it out there isn't the best form of... Anything really. It's something that our society has gotten WAY too comfortable with, and honestly, it's pretty gross. I've never been a fan. I understand emotions can get in the way sometimes, but good lord, compose yourself.

Chun-Li

Lol resurfaced just for this? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Come back just to rage?

nah, it was purely an accident based on search results. And then I saw the replies.

maybe some people here need to take a step back and look from the outside. the reactions posted here are super alarming and disappointing. It’s quite unbelievable how far things have gone.

Mihos

Gold Member
This is pure attention seeking bullshit "Somebody raped me....... but I'll keep it to myself until the time is right".

I knew a girl who accused every guy she dated of rape because was obsessed with attention and pitty. It's practically a mental illness.

Happened to a friend of mine, but she claimed rape only because her fundamentalist parents confronted her about having sex with her boyfriend.

nah, it was purely an accident based on search results. And then I saw the replies.

maybe some people here need to take a step back and look from the outside. the reactions posted here are super alarming and disappointing. It’s quite unbelievable how far things have gone.
We've been enjoying this same kind of vapid, emotional language for quite a while though. Your time to show up and clutch pearls was months ago.

Maybe you need to participate and look from the inside before judging a situation. Your reaction posted here is super predictable and disappointing. It's quite expected how stupid your ideology has made you.

No sir or ma’am

What is alarming is someone using twitter for “reporting” major crimes.

Twitter is for telling your experience in a restaurant or movie shit like that. Not for report major crimes.

I’d argue that this victim isn’t taking their experience seriously if they are tweeting instead of working to put this alleged predator behind bars.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

You forgot the “yikes!”.

ExpandKong

Banned

You’re right we should immediately demand this guy loses his job and pets and, I dunno, shoes because the habitual liar and scam artist Zoe Quinn carelessly tied his name to a supposed rape by a completely different person.

Narcissists can’t deal with reality because it contradicts what they want to be true, and this creates painful emotions. As a coping mechanism, they learn to delude themselves that what is real is actually not real, and however they see the situation is real, even though it isn’t.

Sometimes they truly see it that way. Other times it’s just a story they tell themselves and others. And often the longer you tell a story, the more you believe it, even if initially you know it’s not true. And so eventually they may start truly believing it.
Regular people deal with their problems by themselves, internally. Or they discuss it in a very private setting: in therapy or among very close, healthy people. Narcissists don’t have people like that in their life and are not really interested in actually resolving anything or being introspective.

Narcissists simply want to know that they are in the right. For that, they need other people’s false validation to regulate their shaky self-esteem. They need to find people who would agree with them. And in order for others to agree with them, these other people either need to be terribly unhealthy and unable to recognize their toxic tendencies, or the narcissist needs to lie and present a different story than what is actually true.
[...] if a narcissist dislikes you and tries to bully you but you stand up for yourself, they will frame it as if they are the ones being a victim of bullying. In their narrative they were just doing their thing or joking around and you started being mean to them. Meanwhile, they simply left out what happened beforehand when they bullied you, so actually you “being mean” to them is a normal response to toxic behavior.
There are several ways how the narcissist employs their lies and projections, and the goal is always to turn others against you in hope that they won’t try to figure out the truth.

One of the ways to do that is triangulation. In psychology, it means controlling and manipulating communication between two parties. It is related to gossiping, smearing, and slandering, where the narcissist spreads false information around. A more extreme version of all of that is character assassination, where the lies are much more severe and damaging.
Narcissists can’t accept that they may not be wonderful people. They are also incredibly fragile when facing an idea that perhaps they did something wrong, especially if others can see it. Therefore if there’s a conflict they will do anything and everything to maintain a fantasy that they are always good, all while perceiving the other party as evil.

Not only that, they need other people’s validation that their delusion is true. To achieve that, they create preposterous, slanderous, manipulative narratives where all of that is true and try to convince others of it. And since many people are unwilling and unable to look into the truth behind it, the narcissist can find that validation they so desperately crave and even act out their revenge fantasies. Often the reason is as simple as hating to see others doing well because they themselves are miserable.

How Narcissists Play the Victim and Twist the Story

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Innocent until proven guilty.

I will treat this as I treat all #metoo cases: with plenty of skepticism until evidence is brought in front of a court. However, given this *is* Zoe Quinn and she has a long history of falsely accusing people of harassment, I have even more skepticism than normal about anything she says.

plushyp

A lot of the doubt is absolutely legitimate, but holy fuck, guys, stop going on with the "see how she looks, see how he looks, it has to be this and that"... What have anyones looks to do with anything in all of this?
This isn't common to her though. Almost always in an Epic game exclusive/store thread someone makes fun of how Tim Sweeney looks and make creepy accusations.

nkarafo

If she tells the truth and has evidence, the justice system will get him.

If she is lying she will probably try to get the internet mob to get him.

This isn't common to her though. Almost always in an Epic game exclusive/store thread someone makes fun of how Tim Sweeney looks and make creepy accusations.
No it's not common to her, but common for the reactions in this forum. Guess, what's the more concerning one...

Saruhashi

Banned
So how many hours / days until Anita claims she was raped by someone at EA to refill those fem freq coffers?

I dunno I think EA only rape wallets and bank accounts with dem microtransactions.

What would she say? "EA cornered me in an alley and got me hooked on lootboxes"

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Dude, she's a profesional grifter. She has a history. Look at the kickstsarter, look at what happened with crash override network.

plushyp

No it's not common to her, but common for the reactions in this forum. Guess, what's the more concerning one...
The majority here are sensible posters that are casting doubt on her past actions. It's a select few who attack the looks and these are the repeat posters. This is actually a pattern that you've mistaken as common for the forum when it really isn't.

ColonizerJ

Neo Member
I googled "Zoe Quinn" and got toooooooo many hits to read. :messenger_open_mouth:

Before I dive in, any of you kind enough to give me a rough summary of who she is? Thanks in advance! :messenger_hushed:

Top Bottom