• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoonami has a game coming out, for reals. PSP and DS will recive...

Zendoku*

*note the "Z"
Its a Sudoku game, LOLLERSKATES!

Thanks for the heads up IGN.
DS.Ign.com said:
Hopping on board the ever-growing Sudoku bandwagon, publisher Eidos Interactive and developer Zoonami Ltd. have announced plans to bring a brand new puzzle game to both the Playstation Portable and Nintendo DS platforms. Entitled Zendoku, the game combines action with Sudoku gameplay, and offers both single-player and wireless multi-player modes.

"We're excited about working with Zoonami and bringing Zendoku to the handheld gaming audience," says Matt Gorman, Director of Marketing for Eidos Interactive. "Zendoku brings a new and fresh perspective to the enormously popular Sudoku puzzle craze."
In Zendoku, players must use the controls to attack or defend against a challenger, or race against the clock, while completing one of the game's puzzle permutations.

"Zendoku's focus is fun and innovation," declares Martin Hollis, CEO of Zoonami. "We've turned a familiar paper and pencil game into a puzzling, battling, micro-gaming, fighting* extravaganza."

No official release date has been announced.
*WTF?

Anybody even give a damn anymore? I think these guys get their funding the same places that finance Duke Nukem Forever and Uwe Boll movies, namely the drug trade and slavery rings.

DS
zendoku-20061020104658579.jpg
zendoku-20061020104657813.jpg

PSP
zendoku-20061020104512331.jpg
zendoku-20061020104513034.jpg

Jiggy

Fighting extravangaza? What, is it going to be like some kind of Tetris DS situation where your success in the puzzle game dictates the progress of characters on the second screen?

KINGMOKU

Operations said:
So Funkydilla became vaporware as well?
I thought that game was already released,and it bombed?

See how pathetic this company has become?

Gamers-"Ex-Rare guys found new company!"

Zoonami-"What game?"

Monk

Banned
There seems to be 2 other games being developed. Though i suspect both of them to be minor projects. The business idealogy seems to be for low level games.

Ravidrath

They should market a product naming middleware solution, that emulates their naming genius so everyone can come up with names this good.

Seriously, these are the corniest people on the planet - I don't know how Rare could've let them go.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
moku said:
This company is a joke.

All these years of hype, and it's about nothing.
that's more the fault of the "hardest of the hardcore" than it is the company's

OP updated with screens.

Still got no idea how its going to play, looks like a Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo version of sudoku, which could be rockin.
Maybe this could be pretty cool after all.

AniHawk

drohne said:
with this kind of productivity i'm surprised microsoft haven't bought them yet

Jesus ****ing christ. Did Microsoft kill your dog? You bash them in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. LET IT GO.

thefro

timbe said:
What is Game Zero?

Alleged project Zoonami has been working on forever.

Of course, people speculated it'd be "OMG TEH HALO KILLER" since Martin Hollis was the producer of Goldeneye. Think they may have someone else from that team as well.

CoffeeMan

Screenboy said:
theyve been pissing about for almost 6 years and this is what they come up with?!

It's more of...

"At a bar last weekend
Ok guys we haven't done anything yet, so let's release a game and announce it on friday."

So They worked hard all weekend, drank and slept all week and friday they give us this :lol

Timbuktu

They were just down the road from me when I was at uni. I was always tempted to find out what they're up to and how they can still exist without doing anything.

i think Hollis is the only guy from Rare and since it is only a company of a few guys, I never expected that much from them.

Does anyone know who's funding them?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Screenboy said:
theyve been pissing about for almost 6 years and this is what they come up with?!

Well, Zoonami certainly has managed to capture the modern Rareware setiment, that being massive disapointment.

Marbles

2 down to 2 to go.

ZENDOKU – Puzzle Battle
FUNKYDILLA – The One Button Music Game
Project Z1296PT
Project Z2007PU

Top Bottom