• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Infinity may have a monthly subscription

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'll wait and see how much this supposed sub is, and what all it provides. I am not averse to a subscription for a game if I enjoy it and it offers something of real value. If Ubisoft still allows people to buy the future DLC piecemeal then this is a just a harmless additive for Assassin's Creed superfans with disposable income.

TrebleShot

This is so stupid it must be true. You Ubisoft want to charge a monthly fee for this trash service on top of the already trash monthly subscription on PCs and consoles in Ubisoft plus.

Mobilemofo

I was hoping they would do an Ancient Rome AC before the francize turned to shit. It was one of the last periods I really wanted to see from the series.

Hey Yves, suck my baguette you french fuck.
** Throws frozen baguette at Yves's fat head**

Buggy Loop

a65ebe6_1658236801641-myop-daj16024d11.JPG

The assassin that assassinated Assassin's Creed

Cyberpunkd

This is probably either two things: A) Not true(yeah right) or B) Mistranslated. What they could mean is that you will be given a choice to join a subscription service for MTX in the game where you can
get free and paid items(that hopefully won't effect gameplay). Ala "GTA+ Club" for Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed Club $6.99 a month subscription.
You will not be given a choice - you will pay a monthly sub and then still will have endless MTX pushed in your face. This is a company that sold you permanent EXP boost in AC, remember?

Kerotan

So it will be like GTA+ then.

Lots of bonuses and incentives for the AC creed online game and they'll create a library of games too. Not sure if they'll just do AC games or the entire Uplay catalogue.

Either way this is an easy pass for me.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I've never played an AC game before. This seems like just the amazing idea to get me interested.

Fredrik

Because you need to get comfortable with not owning games.
Think About It GIF by Identity
Tbh I’m already comfortable with that, for story focused games I see no reason to own anything, I play them once and never touch them again. RPGs on the other hand… Monthly subscribing on Elden Ring would’ve made it the most expensive game ever, I’ve played it for 2 years now. Starfield would’ve been expensive too. And Cyberpunk. And No Man’s Sky. And actually Assassin’s Creed Odyssey as well since I spent a long time playing that, which makes me think this is a crap idea. Long games I want to own. Short games I can easily play through subscriptions.

Top Bottom