• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

character that ruined a game??

Deerock71

season 4 GIF by Star Wars

Jar-Jar catapults all entertainment media to destroy my overall pleasure of viewing screens.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I actually turned off Resident Evil: Code Veronica when Steve is introduced. I'm not joking when I say that his accent and the way he speaks, completely ruined any interest I had in CV.

And I had played every RE game at that point, I even love 6 and 5.

But I can't. I fucking can't with Steve, at all. I'm sure there's worse with him, beyond his introduction, but that was enough for me. I'm never gonna play Code Veronica.
Steve ultimately turns out to be the best character in the game. Nothing in CV’s script makes any sense.

persona-5-morgana.jpeg

Hmmm I think I might call my girlfriend and watch some TV tonight.

"MMMMMMREEEOW! Is that free will I hear? Shouldn't you go to bed?"
watching you meet the parents GIF

simpatico

Surprised I didn't see more of this guy. If I get one more expectation subverted this fucking decade, I'm just going to give up all forms of media entertainment. No reasonable person would have thought this was a good idea, lets green light it and build a trilogy out of it. Sony is lucky their fanbase isn't more discerning. If the original trilogy wasn't so amazing, this could have been a franchise killer.

anothertech

Surprised I didn't see more of this guy. If I get one more expectation subverted this fucking decade, I'm just going to give up all forms of media entertainment. No reasonable person would have thought this was a good idea, lets green light it and build a trilogy out of it. Sony is lucky their fanbase isn't more discerning. If the original trilogy wasn't so amazing, this could have been a franchise killer.
"Whatever"

SenkiDala

4LfzdAU.png

This little b word.
This motherfucker.

I could tolerate him in Remake because well... he wasn't THAT invasive. But FUCK he made me stop playing Rebirth, I just can't stand him anymore... He is (well the devs who had idea of him) responsable of why I dislike Rebirth, he fucking made FFVII (aka my fav game of all time that I replay at least once a year) A UBISOFT GAME. New zone, new copy pasted shit chocobo capture, shit quests to get shit useless items, shit battles with shit monsters to obtain... FUCKING NOTHING OR A FUCKING NECKLACE THAT IS WEAKER THAN ALL THE ITEMS IN MY INVENTORY.

That character represent the ubisoftisation of Rebirth and I despise it.

Codes 208

Locke in halo 5

Why would you bring in blue team to the games for the first time, JUST TO HAVE US PLAY AS THIS BORING CARDBOARD CUTOUT FOR 3/4 OF THE GAME??

Ev1L AuRoN

Spiderman 2 is a shitshow for annoying characters, the Danikast chick, Miles love interest I forgot her name, F*cking MJ, you name it. Even Peter isn't safe, it's ridiculous how he is depicted in this game.

Drew1440

I remember seeing the trailer for Wolfenstein: Youngblood and immediately losing all interest.

Every now and then I'll remember how much I enjoyed Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Old Blood & The New Colossus and wonder how Youngblood even got past the first design pitch at MachineGames.

Far Cry New Dawn falls into a similar category.
H4jkfsV.jpeg

Game went downhill once she opened her mouth

Meicyn

Gold Member
How the fuck is Atreus not the first reply?

God Of War Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

Literally makes replaying Ragnarok unbearable.
I never finished Ragnarok because of this fuck. Walked into any location and he just starts telling me how to solve the puzzle before I have even finished assessing the situation. Like, why make puzzles at all if you’re just going to walk me through them?

Saber

Gold Member
All of them.

ryeLhM1.jpeg

Totally the winner here. The official Soy Team club: the visual representation of the creators of this game.

Happy The Last Of Us GIF by PlayStation

One of the most overrated characters from one of the most overrated games ever. Don't @me.

And it comes with free cringe meme gifs and cringe fanboys saying "people can't grown up" everytime you dare to criticize the game.

Last edited:

Aenima

Paimon: the thread.
Recently reintaled Genshin to see the new content, and bailed out as soon as the squicky toy opened her mount. Fucking hell i dont even knew humans cound go that high pitch. (for some retard reason, they made her even more high pitch than she used to be when the game launched)

The Korean and Chinese Paimon voices are actually decent.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This '' dude'' of Dragon quest, who likes to use the flute. 💁🏻‍♂️🌸🎺

djmhMMH.jpeg
Sylvando is based.

Sure, the dude is flamboyant like nobody else, but his character went way deeper than that. Also his arc when you play as him was very cool, imo.

Kumomeme

For real. Every goddamn scene, he's just this smirking two-dimensional nothing.

They had the chance to make him a real character; a tortured soul who saw too much and became deranged by trauma and power. Instead we got an empty cardboard cutout smug cartoon villain. What a waste.
they spam him too much everywhere especially since Remake

it make his appearance nothing special anymore.

Cyborg

Raiden from MGS2! As a huge fan of Solid Snake (and as a teenager), I was so disappointed and hated the game. I just finished it once and never played it again until HD release. I was much older then and started to understand the meaning of the game and Raiden.

Still a dick move from Kojima.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
FF8 was already trash, but Squall is the single most unlikeable protagonist ever in a video game.

Toots

Gold Member
Nimbus-cloud-strider.jpg

Nimbus, just annoying and so out of place in Destiny, Rohan, his mentor was far better

Tbh this whole expansion (Lightfall) felt like it was originally designed for Marathon but repurposed when Destiny's next expansion was delayed
Is there a RuPaul drag race tie-in with this expansion ? Or any other way to explain that dude fashion choices ?

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Paimon: the thread.
Exactly who I came here to comment about. I muted Genshin Impact's voice acting just minutes into the game because I couldn't stand her.

I kinda wanna say Aloy too, since she won't shut up and she's rude to people for no reason, but she isn't actually bad enough to ruin the game. She's not like Tiny Tina or Claptrap, who much like Paimon led me to mute Borderlands 2's voice acting.

Also Raiden's terrible. Some people say in MGS2 he was meant to be terrible, and therefore he's not terrible, but that doesn't make any sense. He's awful, and even in his cyborg form I find him cringe-inducing, but at least as a cyborg he's got better gameplay.

Finally, I nominate the whole cast of NieR Replicant.

Edit: I have more! Lillie from Pokemon Sun and Moon! Makoto from Yakuza 0!

Last edited:
Top Bottom