• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First picture of superman…

OverHeat

« generous god »
jI6LyxU.jpeg

SJRB

Gold Member
“God damnit, can’t even take a shit without aliens trying to destroy the city”

Anyway, not really feeling it. It looks remarkably low budget, getting tv show-vibes. Hate the collar and the loose fit.

Ownage

Looks like a hungover Henry Cavill had a bender of a night and needs to get out of bed to kill a laser squid.

Last edited:
I honestly thought that was AI art when I first opened this topic, had to go check that it's real. Hmmm, what a weird shot. I absolutely hated everything about the Snyder movies except for Henry Cavill (perfect Superman actor in my opinion) so I'm guessing this is going to be better, but this picture does not inspire confidence.......

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Why would they willingly release a picture of Superman slipping into his boots with the most “monday morning going to work“ expression on his face while something is destroying the city.

Is he subverting expectations?

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Ugh. Yuck.

I had hope after Gunn seemed to be a big fan of Morrison's All-Star Superman. But it looks like he really dug the New 52 Supes, which IMO (I read it years after publication) was complete cock and balls.

Trunx81

New Batsignal in the back looks dope.

Seriously, this is how you announce a picture of new Superman: Everybody will talk about it. A standard hero pose won´t do it anymore.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I absolutely hate that the phrase "entirely in-camera" has to exist now.
Eh, gotta be better than greenscreens everywhere. At least he gets proper lighting and something to act against instead of "look a this ping-pong ball and pretend it is a GIANT SPACE JELLYFISH!!!". Plus I hope the need to pre-render the backgrounds, even if not to final film resolution, at least makes them wait till they got a workable script and set design before principle photography. Of late lots of productions have gotten so sloppy and lazy, they think anything can be edited and fixed in post with CGI.

Quasicat

They are filming in Cleveland and Cincinnati, a buddy of mine got called in as an extra, but he can’t talk about anything that has happened on set.

Top Bottom