• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades 2 | Early Access OT | In the name of Hades, Olympus I accept this sequel!

GHG

I had my best run with the skull, you just need to have some fantasy on how you approach things.

The charged special is a room cleaner.

Yep same, the first time I made it to chronos was with the skull.

The process of throwing them out and then dashing to retrieve is really satisfying and with the right boons it tears everything apart.

Still not beaten him though, made it there twice but still no dice.

Utterly addicted.

jSYEadm.jpeg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yep same, the first time I made it to chronos was with the skull.

The process of throwing them out and then dashing to retrieve is really satisfying and with the right boons it tears everything apart.

Still not beaten him though, made it there twice but still no dice.

Utterly addicted.

jSYEadm.jpeg
I got the hammer upgrade that make the skulls explode for 0 mana cost everytime you get close to catch thm back paired with aphrodite for the stranger raw damage, so my plan was to throw them all in one place with enemies, charged super to reach that point and everything was nuked, it got even stronger when i also had the 5 skulls hammer upgrade.

Same thing with chronos, reached him 3 times but still no luck.

Hammer upgrades are usually what make the build, chosing the god at the start with the trinket is the easy part, if the hammer upgrades are unlucky the run is probably not gonna be good (usually)

I just checked and i have 22,4 hours already :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Luipadre

First patch this month

• Resource Gathering: We want Hades II players to focus on goals that are important to them, though don't want resource gathering to feel too frustrating, such as if you didn't bring the right gathering tool along for the ride.

• Getting Around: It's important to us that Melinoë have her own distinct style, and for players to be able to navigate her battles and other interactions in a nimble, responsive, expressive way. We have ideas for how to improve her Dash and Sprint.
im now used to the dash cd i hope they wont make it like the first game when you just spam it and seems like they addressing the gathering stuff, hopefully we can gather everything on every run

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Got to phase two of Chronos with only a sliver left and I died.

Unsure if he has a phase 3.

I would’ve not died had I not realized earlier that activating my hex wasn’t making me invulnerable during the wind up animations.

Basically I’d wind up to be invulernable for 12 seconds, but the 3 seconds it takes for it to activate I’d get pelted for 30 HP a pop.

Had I ignored using it and just kept fighting I would’ve definitely won the fight.

The ability doing it was a dash 10 cost that did 500-600 damage a pop to anything by me. Plus I had restore 10 mana every 1 second. I had infinite mana just dashing around doing 600 damage. A critical netted over 1k. Nutty damage and let me focus on dodging.

Never should’ve used hex. Fuck.

Also my steam deck is not in sync with my pc save so now I’m worried I’ll lose the chronos progress save I did on my deck. Managed to get him two runs in a row.

Chukhopops

I had my best run with the skull, you just need to have some fantasy on how you approach things.

The charged special is a room cleaner.
I tried it a bit more and I’m not a fan at all, feels weird to be forced to use your special to pick up the skulls every time. Will try a bit more.

On the other hand I really like the axe now, once you understand you can parry without charging it becomes really fluid. Amazing game design.
Just bought to play on my Deck, anyone try it on there yet? Performance ok?
It’s perfect on Deck and it even runs really well if you use a dock for TV output.

GymWolf

I tried it a bit more and I’m not a fan at all, feels weird to be forced to use your special to pick up the skulls every time. Will try a bit more.

On the other hand I really like the axe now, once you understand you can parry without charging it becomes really fluid. Amazing game design.

It’s perfect on Deck and it even runs really well if you use a dock for TV output.
No dude that was just one strategy, you can also use the skulls in other ways with different hammer boons or you can just use your charged special alone if adeguately upgraded, yesterday i got an upgrade that make you hit 2 times with your charged special and another where it only fire in one side but got a 120% damage upgrade, i was melting everything without even using the skulls at all.

You just have to be lucky with the hammer upgrades and the rarity of boons.

I would never play such a great looking game on a portable, 4k oled tv at crisp 120frames for life.
The axe is great yeah.

For now my less favourite weapons are the daggers and the candles, buti still reached kronos with the candles, so...

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
No dude that was just one strategy, you can also use the skulls in other ways with different hammer boons or you can just use your charged special alone if adeguately upgraded, yesterday i got an upgrade that make you hit 2 times with your charged special and another where it only fire in one side but got a 120% damage upgrade, i was melting everything without even using the skulls at all.

You just have to be lucky with the hammer upgrades and the rarity of boons.

I would never play such a great looking game on a portable, 4k oled tv at crisp 120frames for life.
This style of game is 100% made for portables…yeah, ideally I’m on my comfy couch with my 4K OLED @ 120hz, but playing on Deck is so good too…

GymWolf

Got to phase two of Chronos with only a sliver left and I died.

Unsure if he has a phase 3.

I would’ve not died had I not realized earlier that activating my hex wasn’t making me invulnerable during the wind up animations.

Basically I’d wind up to be invulernable for 12 seconds, but the 3 seconds it takes for it to activate I’d get pelted for 30 HP a pop.

Had I ignored using it and just kept fighting I would’ve definitely won the fight.

The ability doing it was a dash 10 cost that did 500-600 damage a pop to anything by me. Plus I had restore 10 mana every 1 second. I had infinite mana just dashing around doing 600 damage. A critical netted over 1k. Nutty damage and let me focus on dodging.

Never should’ve used hex. Fuck.

Also my steam deck is not in sync with my pc save so now I’m worried I’ll lose the chronos progress save I did on my deck. Managed to get him two runs in a row.
Wait fucking what? The cunt has 2 phases? So after you erase his first health bar he has another one?

Well fuck me.

GymWolf

This style of game is 100% made for portables…yeah, ideally I’m on my comfy couch with my 4K OLED @ 120hz, but playing on Deck is so good too…
Sorry i don't share the whole "genre made for portables" narrative.

People just decide where to play and that's it.

Like you said, ideally you would play on a big screen, so that is the ideal way to play, with better graphic, performances, audio and controls and no battery worries.

P.s. i guess some ugly, uberpixelated games that look bad on a big 4k screen could look better on a small screen but that is not hades 2 case that look incredible on a proper tv.

Last edited:

GHG

Wait fucking what? The cunt has 2 phases? So after you erase his first health bar he has another one?

Well fuck me.

I didn't realise there was a phase 2 either until I beat his first phase for the first time last night.

I thought I'd done it, but clearly it was too good to be true. I had 7 health left so I just put the controller down. No point in even fighting.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I didn't realise there was a phase 2 either until I beat his first phase for the first time last night.

I thought I'd done it, but clearly it was too good to be true. I had 7 health left so I just put the controller down. No point in even fighting.
Each run is a chance to learn his patterns. Even at 7 health a few dodges could’ve netted you info.

The second phase is giga fucked lmao.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Sorry i don't share the whole "genre made for portables" narrative.

People just decide where to play and that's it.

Like you said, ideally you would play on a big screen, so that is the ideal way to play, with better graphic, performances, audio and controls and no battery worries.

P.s. i guess some ugly, uberpixelated games that look bad on a big 4k screen could look better on a small screen but that is not hades 2 case that look incredible on a proper tv.
Well, I guess I’d say some games lend themselves to being played in smaller chunks of time and that’s where I feel like a portable shines. Hades is great because you can sink hours into it, or just do a 30 minute run and pick up where you left off…and on PC it works great, if you quit the game on Deck then start it up on desktop it automatically loads the cloud save to the last chamber…

I feel spoiled with this and it’s not even as good as dropping a Switch in its dock

GymWolf

Well, I guess I’d say some games lend themselves to being played in smaller chunks of time and that’s where I feel like a portable shines. Hades is great because you can sink hours into it, or just do a 30 minute run and pick up where you left off…and on PC it works great, if you quit the game on Deck then start it up on desktop it automatically loads the cloud save to the last chamber…

I feel spoiled with this and it’s not even as good as dropping a Switch in its dock
I think i'm never gonna fully understand that concept because i just never play anything if i can't dedicate at least 2 hours to a game, i just never do 30 min sessions, i prefer to play less times in a week, but when i do the sessions are longer :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The godmode makes this game hella easy
Best function yet 🤓

Hope they will add a red button that completes the game in 1 click 🤓

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The newest update is fucked on my Steam Deck. No matter what I do, input is doubled. When I launch the game now, it says my controller isn't recognized. Sad.

GymWolf

The newest update is fucked on my Steam Deck. No matter what I do, input is doubled. When I launch the game now, it says my controller isn't recognized. Sad.
I have the same error message since launch with my controller but it work flawlessly.

When you have that message try to press down with the stick/dpad on the controller to select the X and then press A/X, you probably already tried but maybe you just saw the message and closed the game.

Btw yesterday i finally beat kronos for the first time...with the fucking torches :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have the same error message since launch with my controller but it work flawlessly.

When you have that message try to press down with the stick/dpad on the controller to select the X and then press A/X, you probably already tried but maybe you just saw the message and closed the game.

Btw yesterday i finally beat kronos for the first time...with the fucking torches :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I can get past the message just fine, and I can even start the game fine, its just whenever I press a button, it does that action twice. Makes the game super unplayable. Shame, because the controls were perfect before the update.

I tried reinstalling completely but no dice.

Top Bottom