• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: A New Borderlands Game in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member
Rumores-sobre-Borderlands-4-sao-fruto-de-desentendimento-explica-desenvolvedora-912x569.jpg
The new game doesnt seem to be the Game Fest One:

Currently, Gearbox has both a new Borderlands and "at least one exciting new intellectual property" in development. 2K Games plans to reveal the "next iteration in one of its biggest and most beloved franchises" at Summer Game Fest, which is set to take place on Friday, June 7. Fans speculate this game may be Borderlands 4.
via IGN

I’m shocked. Who could have seen this coming. You mean to tell me Gearbox is working on another game in their massively popular and profitable IP? And here I thought they would just end with borderlands 3 and stop trying to make money.

This truly is an astounding story. I never expected it. WOW.

What’s next? Is activision working on a new call of duty? Whew the gaming world is full of wonders.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Please fire the whole writing team. You don’t play Borderlands for the story but this is one of those games where the awful characters and jokes are detrimental to the product. It’s not like Ninja Gaiden that has a bad plot and voice acting you can ignore and don’t undermine the game.

MarkyG

I'm not sure how much GBX paid for the rights to Duke, but I imagine it wasn't chump change. Such a shame we'll never see a new Duke game. It seems, in these "modern" times, his moment has passed. A relic of a bygone era.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I didn't really mind the characters even that drop kickable Eva.
It was the cheese grater on my nerves constant yelling and general eye rolling dialog.
Amen. In BL3 even that funeral scene on the ship had characters making stupid ass “ad lib” style jokes. It’s so insufferable. Like a D-tier SNL sketch that stretches for 30 hours.

Dazraell

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

Seriously though, while I have no doubts next Borderlands is in development, all signs points out that a game Take-Two will announce on Summer Game Fest might be Mafia 4

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
As long as there’s fun guns to use and solid gunplay, I’ll be there.

Tiny Tina wasn’t quite as good, although I like the concept.

Nydius

Borderlands peaked with 2. The gameplay of 3 was better but everything else was much worse. Then they dropped Wonderlands and I realized that modern Borderlands is the kind of franchise Borderlands 1 and 2 would have lampooned the hell out of.

Speculating Borderlands 4 part is ign thing, doesn't translate to something meaningful in the real world.
It's all but a certainty, which is why they felt so comfortable keeping it in. You know how many people these pass through before being published?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Let me play as hot girls and give me BL1 atmosphere pls.

And drop the cringe peanut gallery humor.

Although could you imagine if they made BL4 and it was just you playing as the BL movie characters who are 50+ years old?

Also let me play as the villain. Who just wants everyone's guns and all their money.

Also bring back Pre-Sequels Jetpack(muh floaty jumps) and character dialogue so I feel like my character is there instead being the elephant in the room.

Thanks.

Stafford

hopefully they have better characters and villains this time

Thisssssss.

I hated the twins with a passion. Honestly, even Tiny Tina for some reason wasn't nearly as funny and likeable in 3 compared to 2.

I do understand that it's near impossible to make another villain as awesome as Handsome Jack, but bruh, fuck the twins.

I do understand that it's near impossible to make another villain as awesome as Handsome Jack, but bruh, fuck the twins.
Yeah, I remember finishing the game and starting the DLC... and even dead, Jack still managed to be a better villain than the twins.

But as much as I hated almost all of the NPCs, I still think everything and everyone on Eden-6 is peak Borderlands.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Screenshot-2023-03-23-194821.png

Borderlands 3 was a giant fun ride and worthy of a sequel.
Borderlands 3 on PC received an 81 from critics, and a 5.6 from users. On PS4 it received a 78 from critics, and a 6.1 from users. That was what people actually thought of the game upon release, rather than the people still left to care to review the game after it's PS5 release. Generally speaking, a lot of fans did not like Borderlands 3.

Vyse

Gold Member
Yea if you can’t finish 2, you will not be able to finish any of them. I’ve played through 2 probably 25 times, and it ranks as probably my favorite FPS that’s non-competitive.
I’m with Cash. Played 2 more times than I can remember. Rest since then never really hit for me. Enjoyed Tiny Tina. Guess they want to get some excitement with the movie coming out. Wonder if it drives sales like Fallout after the show.

simpatico

I liked the Borderlands 3 villains. I’m shocked more didn’t. They were believably psychotic and easy to dislike. In fact they have a lot in common with real world bad guys, mentally at least. I thought it was a worthy sequel. I’m not head over heels for the series, but I always have a nice 40-60 hours of fun when they come around. The entries are spaced out nicely too. Haven’t played any of the spin offs. That would be too much BL.

I think the gaming personalities who complained about it did so because it hit a little too close to home… 🤔

Fuck it. Epic Game Launcher downloading now. Gonna give it another spin. Don't think I ever actually finished it.

Last edited:

Secktor Visage

Neo Member
Day 1 for me no matter what!
I enjoy the artstyle and gunplay. But todays politics won't allow quality writing but just same old libtard slop.
Still excited for new places to explore and guns to shoot.

mdkirby

I’ve played a couple of borderlands games and I just don’t get the appeal, they just always feel pretty “meh”. And the artstyle whilst certainly unique does it no favours, looks muddy for the most part.

Ceadeus

As much as I love BL3, I'd prefer Wonderland sequel. They could bring improvements to melee combat and maybe go even further into their rogue lite endgame?

The level designers in Wonderland went crazy and the game was SO much fun. Some of the coolest part, never seen before, was the levels changing in game as the narrator tells her story and change her mind lol. Or, spoiler free, when Mr Torgue finds an a way to let you explore the depths of the ocean 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom