• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: A New Borderlands Game in the works

Lokaum D+

if Ava is the head of Sanctuary i m out, if the Directors Cut scene was cannon i would be Ok with it, but since this scene isnt cannon, fuck Ava.

*it baffles me how could Gearbox cut out this scene and go with the "its your fault Lilith figure out before u kill someone else" scene.

Last edited:
Borderlands was good, Borderlands 2 was great and Borderlands 3 was overly sanitised manure. In fact, Borderlands 3 was so bad it completely cratered the entire franchise. The writing was terrible, the characters a complete cringe fest. Most of what made the previous entries special had been stripped. No more edgy humour; further - the devs seemingly did everything they could to appeal to every demographic except the one that actually plays the games. In their arrogance, in their activism, Gearbox made a game for their sycophantic leftist journalist friends and everyone despised it. The only reason it sold well was because of the popularity and success of previous entries. If Gearbox had been honest and upfront with the new direction, with the new audience that they wished to cultivate then no-one would have gave it a second glance. Pandering to an audience that doesn't exist doesn't drive sales. Turns out you burn a lot of bridges when you switch-up on people like they did. Too bad.

Last edited:
if Ava is the head of Sanctuary i m out, if the Directors Cut scene was cannon i would be Ok with it, but since this scene isnt cannon, fuck Ava.

*it baffles me how could Gearbox cut out this scene and go with the "its your fault Lilith figure out before u kill someone else" scene.

What if Ava is the bad guy in the new game? She feels so threatened by the fanbase she goes full on evil and needs to be taken down. But she has all the ship resourses available to her as well as Siren powers.

RaptorGTA

God I loved Borderlands 1 and 2. The trailers and then talking to friends about B3 killed any interest.

Don't blame em for making another one.

Wasn't the Tiny Tina expansion that came out a few years ago good?

Kadve

Just Give it to 2K Australia. They clearly knew how to make a better Borderlands game than Gearbox.

Nydius

Wasn't the Tiny Tina expansion that came out a few years ago good?
Opinions differ but I don’t think so. It was rated T so they had to tone down the humor, cussing, and sarcasm — all things that made Tiny Tina’s character funny in BL2. The game was supposed to take place between BL2 and BL3 but Tina was a completely stripped back, neutered version of herself. And let’s not even talk about how badly they had to tone down Torgue for their T-rating.

Gameplay wasn’t that different than BL3. Spells were okay but not that different than some of the crazy grenade combos you could get in BL3.

And, just to put it out there, the game leaned deep into Sweet Baby/DEI tropes beginning with making you choose preferred pronouns in character creator.

Wonderlands is the kind of game Borderlands 2 DLC would have talked mad shit about in parody quests.

Lokaum D+

its time for a isometric Borderlands game, the game already have good classes and skill tree, make it full of dungeons and vaults, it would work flawless imo

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
And, just to put it out there, the game leaned deep into Sweet Baby/DEI tropes beginning with making you choose preferred pronouns in character creator.
I'm not defending it and I hate this shit too but all modern Western games are doing that now. If there's a character creator and the game is made after 2022, chances are you're going to have to pick pronouns and/or choose between more than two genders.

Edit: oh yeah, "body type" is another one that's popular now in games instead of just male or female

Last edited:
As long as it isn’t filled with weird woke feminist shite like the last tales from the borderlands. Seems every dev is going mad with that utter garbage in their games anymore.

Top Bottom