• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any cure or good treatment for frontal hair loss?

PsL7qev.jpeg

I'm 31 years old. I'm using Minoxidil for frontal hair loss but is not helping. It only helps in the back, but not at front. So gaf, anyone knows another treatment for this problem? I really don't want to go bald so soon.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
There’s a lot of reasons for hair loss, a vitamin deficiency, and lack of protein is among them, could be worth checking with the docs on your vitamin levels.

Lack of vitamin D is quite common and can lead to hair loss.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Microneedeling. Many say it helps. I have not tried it myself. And you seem to have a dandruff problem, I would see a dermatologist first. To see if you can use it at all.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm 31 years old. I'm using Minoxidil for frontal hair loss but is not helping. It only helps in the back, but not at front. So gaf, anyone knows another treatment for this problem? I really don't want to go bald so soon.

Minoxidil works everywhere - if it's not helping your frontal baldness I would guess you aren't applying it thoroughly in that area. Remember, minoxidil is a treatment for your skin, not for your hair. Use your fingers to massage your scalp to ensure proper distribution and application.

nush

Gold Member
Op has some serious elongated skull even before the receding hairline becomes an issue.
main-qimg-9f54f36af424afec64f381f759c5e53e.webp

Don't fight it, buzz cut the lot and give off that "This is how I choose to look" energy. You will fool nobody with any treatments. Well, maybe just yourself....

Tams

Finasteride has stopped my balding in it's tracks.

Unfortunately, I left it about a year and a half from the first signs to starting on it, so I have some noticeably less dense areas.

Minoxidol, PRP, and microneedling are the things that can help you regrow hair.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Embrace it man, nobody gives a shit or thinks twice about bald/close cropped dudes but we all sure as shit notice a dude hanging onto those last precious few hairs, 2 guys in work started to go bald early 30's and they hung on and got rightfully slagged cause it looked stupid up until they shaved that shit and now nobody cares and both admit they were stupid hanging on as long as they did

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d consider plugs or one of those helmets that project light. I’m not sure about the tech, but I know someone who uses the helmet. I would be more concerned about my libido. Women probably don’t care as long as you’ve got fuel in your jets. 😉

Billbofet

I noticed my hair was thinning on top and in front. Nothing major, but I have always had really thick hair.
I have been microneedling and using minoxidil for a couple of months, and it's getting much thicker and I even think there is some new growth going on.

natjjohn

Get finasteride to aid in stopping

Platelet Rich Plasma is apparently very effective but can be pricey. The laser treatment is also effective and cheaper but a bigger time commitment. Wouldn’t mess with Minoxodil or any of the above without taking Finasteride to lower your DHT levels.

Musashipan

Embrace your baldness

No need to pay for haircut, you can buzz it yourself.

Use minimum amount of shampoo and faster showers, saves electricity and faster drying.

Practically zero maintenance, no need to comb or spend hours styling you haan.Using a hat or toque won't mess it up.

Dr_Salt

Minoxidil, microneedling and finasteride is about the only thing you can do right now. The only thing you can really do to regrow the totally bald areas is a transplant. The good thing for you is that usually a transplant easily fixes your type of hairloss.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

PsL7qev.jpeg

Yes, shave it.

You have good facial hair, no matter what I do I have patches next to my lips which is why I shave my face. I have great hair, you have great facial hair. Embrace it.

Stop with all the stupid and expensive treatments. Just go Jason Staatham.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

If there was a cure, you think there'd still be bald men walking around?

Just hit the gym bro, it's over. You're OD-ing on testosterone.
There are more people on balding prevention medication and having transplants that you would ever imagine. Some you would never know unless they actually tell you straight up, that is how effective some of these treatments are for some people. It is really circumstantial tho, it works better for some people than others. Also, testosterone does not cause hairloss, its DHT and the amount of DHT sometimes does not even influence if you will have hairloss or not. It all comes to genetics and how sensitive your scalp is to DHT.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I don't think it will regrow hair where it's already receded on the front. Carry on with the treatment on the crown, and use thickening conditioner/mousse on the front. Get used to using a hairdryer to activate the thickening mousse.

Take the front a little shorter and choppier - maybe try a bit of hair powder to add volume to the cuticle. Only use shampoo once every 3 days at the most as it dries out your hair and makes it wispy.

Then get a snorkel to avoid drowning in pussy

Last edited:
There are more people on balding prevention medication and having transplants that you would ever imagine. Some you would never know unless they actually tell you straight up, that is how effective some of these treatments are for some people. It is really circumstantial tho, it works better for some people than others. Also, testosterone does not cause hairloss, its DHT and the amount of DHT sometimes does not even influence if you will have hairloss or not. It all comes to genetics and how sensitive your scalp is to DHT.
What's DHT?

Dr_Salt

What's DHT?
Its dihydrotestosterone an androgen hormone that is converted from normal testosterone and the main responsible for male pattern baldness. Nevertheless you should visit a dermatologist so he can explain this to you in detail and also explain what are your options and drawbacks of each one of them. If the derm is also a trichologist even better.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
To cut weight: leafy greens, sulfur rich greens and veggies (broccoli, onions, garlic) with omega 3 rich seeds and other oil rich nuts/avocados mixed with legumes and vitamin c from citrus/peppers. Walk some miles. Dark berries for antioxidants and don’t sleep on mushrooms/cocoa

After you cut weight you can eat more steak and dairy/eggs and seafood and potatoes

Then after u gain weight u gotta cut weight and do cardio again. The paddy pimblett method

This will maintain ur hair and even grow it it’s not easy but it’s more effective then some cream. Costs a lot of energy/nutrients if u wanna keep ur hair

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My bro, who's in his 40's, is taking Minoxidil in pills. Apparently it works best that way than when applied over the skin, so maybe ask your doctor about that.

It sure seems to work on him, dude has a nice and strong-looking hair.

Last edited:

Liljagare

All medical treatments are super damaging for the rest of your body, surgery still looks like shit.

If you zoom in on Elon, you can still see the plugs, and he is rich.

Own that shit like a silver back gorilla.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I feel your pain op. My hair started receding when I was 37 and I was emotional for about a month and then just embraced it and shaved it all off.

Sakura

I started losing my hair when I was in my early 20s. It is what it is.
In any case, go to a doctor to confirm it is male pattern baldness (99% of the time for men, it is).
As for treatments, minoxidil doesn't work for every one. For a good chunk of users, it doesn't do anything, and for an even larger chunk, it is mostly just preventing further loss. Most people don't see dramatic hair regrowth using it.
There is finasteride, which is more effective than minoxidil, and works by reducing the amount of testosterone converted into DHT. Again though, the most likely outcome is maintaining what you have. Though it is a lot easier than minoxidil as you just pop a pill and forget it.
There is some evidence microneedling helps as well, but like all hairloss treatments, your mileage will vary.

There is no cure for male pattern baldness. Even all the treatments combined don't turn a bald guy into a guy with a full head of hair. Male pattern baldness happens because of hair follicles in certain areas of your body (the top of your head) reacting to male hormones (testosterone/DHT). It's genetic. The mechanism of how this works is not understood, though there are many theories. The only way to "cure" it, would be do stop producing male hormones, it's why men who have lost a lot of hair from male pattern baldness regrow it when transitioning to a woman.
Your best hope is to maintain what you already have via something like finasteride, and if you are lucky regrow a bit more.

Or just shave your head.

Toons

The second I get a bad spot I'm shaving it all. Will never do the half donut.

But my folks had great hair for the most part so I should be alright for a while.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
You can't do anything about your hair loss, but you can do a lot about how you present yourself. I suggest you concentrate your efforts on that instead of worrying about something you cant do anything about. Most attractive thing you can wear is confidence.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If there was a cure, you think there'd still be bald men walking around?

Just hit the gym bro, it's over. You're OD-ing on testosterone.

You can't do anything about your hair loss, but you can do a lot about how you present yourself. I suggest you concentrate your efforts on that instead of worrying about something you cant do anything about. Most attractive thing you can wear is confidence.

Minoxidil and Finasteride are effective for hair loss. People either don’t know, chose to accept baldness or used them then stopped for whatever reason.

I started balding early 20s and used minoxidil for a few years before I decided that I’d rather go bald than deal with the niggling annoyances of applying minoxidil on my scalp.

Top Bottom