• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announce new Proteus controller for disabled gamers

John Bilbo

Hopefully these guys put out a review as I think they did a better job of showing the benefits of the adaptive pad than any industry journo did. It’ll depend on the suitability obviously.

Tekken is actually a good fit for binding buttons to switches to use with your different body parts as the controller's face buttons correspond to the character's different limbs.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll

Hopefully these guys put out a review as I think they did a better job of showing the benefits of the adaptive pad than any industry journo did. It’ll depend on the suitability obviously.

That's not how a human being should live. I wouldn't let parents keep their severely disabled children until full brain replacement/nerve rewiring is a thing. It's a fucking disaster that ruins their and the child's life. And who was this fn retard who filmed this, why was this even needed? Everyone is braindead or wtf is wrong with people? Fucking inhumane imitators without any feelings.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
That's not how a human being should live. I wouldn't let parents keep their severely disabled children until full brain replacement/nerve rewiring is a thing. It's a fucking disaster that ruins their and the child's life. And who was this fn retard who filmed this, why was this even needed? Everyone is braindead or wtf is wrong with people? Fucking inhumane imitators without any feelings.

I don't undersand why you are angry but a disabled person should have help doing what they want, not having their helpers insulted.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Smart move ms. People with disabilities may not be able to work. I doubt that they will spend $300 out of their $700 a month disability income.

Especially with inflation.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This kind of reminds me of a weird controller I made back in the Wii days. I took apart a nunchuck and basically adhered it to the Wiimote, making it a one-handed controller. I made two of those.

Then I tried to play NSMB as both Mario and Luigi simultaneously, but it turns out my brain wasn’t big enough. That shit was HARD.

Anyway, this is cool. I really liked the adaptive controller MS made a few years back, but this is way too expensive for me to buy it for fun.

MrRenegade

I don't undersand why you are angry but a disabled person should have help doing what they want, not having their helpers insulted.

Because your mental horizon rivals with a mental midget. Anyone who poses for positive points in front of a camera with a disabled person, especially when that given individual can't decide for itself, should be shot.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Because your mental horizon rivals with a mental midget. Anyone who poses for positive points in front of a camera with a disabled person, especially when that given individual can't decide for itself, should be shot.
What you said is also my belief, and you made me look again the video to see if the disabled person can or can't decide for itself. And it seems that he can.
You can go to his youtube channel and find this introduction from it:
Dan started working as Brad's Aide when he entered high school in 2010. Brad was born with nonverbal spastic Cerebral Palsy and needed someone by his side while attending school. They are now best friends and business partners! They launched their nonprofit, All Access Life, in 2019. Their goal is to build a community interested in inclusion, accessibility, staying up-to-date with new adaptive products, breaking stigmas and all around having a good time. On this channel you will see adaptive product reviews, gaming videos and the occasional Vlog! We hope you decide to join the AAL community, we are only getting started! Let's G0o0o0o0o0o0!!!
Do you believe that Brad can't decide to show himself? That he is used in this video and others? If the youtuber was just going to use him and move on then once again yes I would think like you. But as I presumed when I first posted on the thread, Brad is the youtuber. What could be wrong with that?

MrRenegade

What you said is also my belief, and you made me look again the video to see if the disabled person can or can't decide for itself. And it seems that he can.
You can go to his youtube channel and find this introduction from it:

Do you believe that Brad can't decide to show himself? That he is used in this video and others? If the youtuber was just going to use him and move on then once again yes I would think like you. But as I presumed when I first posted on the thread, Brad is the youtuber. What could be wrong with that?
Who said he can't decide for himself? No matter what, Microsoft, who is a money grubbing, scum sucking, should be burned to the ground company uses this to get the subscribers they need for GamePass to further ruin the gaming ecosystem. Look, we are this cool, you can see we are the shining knight in armor. I have to retch.

It's the same shit when borderline idiotic/psycho people pose with their seriously ill family member in the hospital, smiling in the camera, while the given individual is on the brink of existence. Fucking adults with a childlike brain who had youtube as babysitters and are totally empty inside.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Who said he can't decide for himself? No matter what, Microsoft, who is a money grubbing, scum sucking, should be burned to the ground company uses this to get the subscribers they need for GamePass to further ruin the gaming ecosystem. Look, we are this cool, you can see we are the shining knight in armor. I have to retch.

It's the same shit when borderline idiotic/psycho people pose with their seriously ill family member in the hospital, smiling in the camera, while the given individual is on the brink of existence. Fucking adults with a childlike brain who had youtube as babysitters and are totally empty inside.
I don't think that Microsoft paid for the review. But I agree with the rest. The fact that they put a new expensive controller when they had potentialy blocked good third party ones not long ago is not lost to me. But gaming is a popular hobby and if some people can use this new controller to enter in it, good.

Just in time for the new Stellar Blade costumes.

Jack Nicholson Sunglasses GIF by Pop TV

Top Bottom