• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most of the sales of the Resident Evil franchise were after the release of Resident Evil 7

Draugoth

Gold Member
resident-evil-7-ganha-uma-nova-versao-ao-estilo-jogo-de-ps1-062688.webp

According to analyst Daniel Ahmad on social media, a large part of the sales of the Resident Evil franchise occurred after the release of Resident Evil 7. We're talking about 82 million copies, representing 53% of the total number of copies.

According to Capcom's own figures on its official website, Resident Evil 2 Remake currently has 13.6 million copies sold, while Resident Evil 7 has 13 million.

The games that sold this large number of copies were:

• Resident Evil 7
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake
  • Old games that keep selling over time

Funny how it was resident evil 7 and not 6 that turned things around sales wise.

Since 6 is generally seen as an evil number and 7 is seen as a good / holy number.

I loved Resident Evil 7 it was my first RE game that i completed. Felt like i was playing an intense horror movie.

Kilau

Gold Member
Funny how it was resident evil 7 and not 6 that turned things around sales wise.

Since 6 is generally seen as an evil number and 7 is seen as a good / holy number.

I loved Resident Evil 7 it was my first RE game that i completed. Felt like i was playing an intense horror movie.

Makes sense, RE6 is garbage, the only good thing about it is the giraffe blowjob.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Both RE6 and RE7 have sold very close to each other, around 13 million.

Zhuge's tweet is just referencing RE7 since it's widely considered a soft reboot for the franchise. It's the start of the RE engine era.

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with number theories. 6 was simply a bad video game. I don't care how good the character movement felt, everything else was bad. It needs a remake/do-over the most, in all aspects. If that requires them to remake CV and 5, then so be it.

We have to reach this point to fix the worst one in the mainline series.

diffusionx

Gold Member
RE7 was incredible. Easy 10/10. One of the best games of that gen.

I liked RE8 a lot, but something about RE7 that is just mind-blowing.

Last edited:
RE6 was one of the shittiest, most padded, boring and overproduced "AAA" games that I ever had the misfortune of playing.
0 atmosphere, with the corniness turned to 11 (even for an RE game) with some of the most weird feeling character movement/physics out there not to mention, it was bloated to the 9th degree , it really, REALLY outstayed its welcome.

The only people that defend it are the same ones having hot takes like Dark souls 2 being the best of the trilogy (it isn't it).

Fuck RE6, this is what happens when games are made by committees trying to cater to everyone

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy shit, so if you make good games they sell well?

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
RE6 was one of the shittiest, most padded, boring and overproduced "AAA" games that I ever had the misfortune of playing.
0 atmosphere, with the corniness turned to 11 (even for an RE game) with some of the most weird feeling character movement/physics out there not to mention, it was bloated to the 9th degree , it really, REALLY outstayed its welcome.

The only people that defend it are the same ones having hot takes like Dark souls 2 being the best of the trilogy (it isn't it).

Fuck RE6, this is what happens when games are made by committees trying to cater to everyone
You didn’t have to bring Dark Souls II into this.😉

It certainly became a different franchise. I like it because you can love Chris, Claire, Ada, Leon and etc and still enjoy some creepy atmosphere and some disturbing vibes. What I loved about RE7 was this horror movie chainsaw massacre type vibe throughout the entire game. 7 and 8 are both some of my favorite horror games. I already miss the atmospheric vibes and tones of Village.

People knew about Resident Evil because it was a high quality horror game on PS1. Now a days you have so much exposure and expectations are all the over place. You just need an art gala type experience to bring in a lot of people.

I agree about RE6. That game could have ended the franchise.

Last edited:

Denorion

Neo Member

Ironically, there used to be a popular belief that the Even Numbered resident evil sequels were the best ones, (Re2, RE4) while the odd numbered ones were not as good (re3, re5)
Then came resident evil 6 and bucked that trend

Astral Dog

Resident Evil 7 was a little undercooked in the second half,but its one of the greatest horror games ever made, its a masterpiece imo still can't believe they did it

Last edited:
RE7 is AAA VR gutter trash. The modern remakes are infinitely better games.
Disagree with this.

7 & 8 feel more tense, more interesting mechanics, characters and general situation protagonist is in.

Remakes feel toothless in comparison. Sure, puzzles are more interesting, but everything else is simpler, something from the older times.

Madflavor

RE7 is the most unique and scariest entry in the series. The 2nd half nosedived in quality unfortunately, but that 1st half was peak survival horror, and captured the feeling of the first game.

The marketing behind the game was fucking brilliant.

Sophist

Counting all the platforms, RE2 probably sold more than 8 millions which is decent for a pre-digital world game.

Top Bottom