• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One picture that represent society so well…nsfw

OverHeat

« generous god »
OF generation
Iqwd1F2.jpeg

Art is open to interpretation. I could see the argument that it's misogynist, but it's kind of up to the observer to read it that way.

Is there an article or something that goes into the artist's intent? The Google results I was getting were only tangentially related, so I ended up sidetracked and blew another $200 on OnlyFans.

Trunx81

It's a horizontal c-section scar. It's more common in planned c-sections. It's the one thing that takes the thing from satire into the relams of misogyny (yeah I know I said the dirty word)
Actually it’s a common trope on “these women”: They want the kid, but not the discomfort of giving birth. C-Section should be done when medical necessary, not because you can afford it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's a horizontal c-section scar. It's more common in planned c-sections. It's the one thing that takes the thing from satire into the relams of misogyny (yeah I know I said the dirty word)

If you are going to reeee, at least educate yourself on the common practices of Cesarean sections and the common trend among women in the modern age who request and plan it. Has nothing to do with “misogyny”.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If you are going to reeee, at least educate yourself on the common practices of Cesarean sections and the common trend among women in the modern age who request and plan it. Has nothing to do with “misogyny”.
I mean I literally said that it is a C section scar and it is the type of incision more often seen in a planned C-section. So I am not sure why I need to at least educate myself on something I stated in the post.
I say it starts to veer into misogyny because it changes it from a satire on modern definitions of beauty versus classical - into more "fuck these selfish thots who are posting nudes on the internet instead of taking care of their kid, which they saw the birth of as something inconvenient"

CGNoire

Why would a c-section scar equate with misogyny?

Edit: nevermind saw your post.

Last edited:

gundalf

I interpret this piece as the lust for voluptuous women as a side effect of our consumption driven society, desiring more of everything material while forcing woman into an ideal that neglects their natural beauty and self.

Pejo

Gold Member
Honestly I’m not going to be that upset if we all live long enough to witness cybernetic/machine/exoskeleton enhancements and augments on a regular basis.

I’ve been seeing some things on the horizon that I’m fully ready to witness in public.
Still waiting for that big jump in battery tech to make some of these things feasible. But yea I agree. I'm gonna be pissed if I die before I can implant my brain in a cyborg body.

Carton

Actually it’s a common trope on “these women”: They want the kid, but not the discomfort of giving birth. C-Section should be done when medical necessary, not because you can afford it.
According to who? The chief reasons women have elective C-sections has little to do with the pain of labour, but about avoiding the complications of vaginal deliveries, namely, but not limited to perineal tears and lifelong urinary incontinence. The post-partum recovery phase for c-sections has plenty of pain. Indeed, an expecting mother will be counselled on the pros and cons of vaginal delivery vs elective c-section, and typically one of the pros of a vaginal delivery is you’ll be more mobile sooner ie not limited by a large and painful wound. Anyone who denigrates women for electing to have a c-section is likely a misogynist, militant midwife, complementary and alternative medicine practitioner, an ignoramus, or a combination of any of the aforementioned.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
According to who? The chief reasons women have elective C-sections has little to do with the pain of labour, but about avoiding the complications of vaginal deliveries, namely, but not limited to perineal tears and lifelong urinary incontinence. The post-partum recovery phase for c-sections has plenty of pain. Indeed, an expecting mother will be counselled on the pros and cons of vaginal delivery vs elective c-section, and typically one of the pros of a vaginal delivery is you’ll be more mobile sooner ie not limited by a large and painful wound. Anyone who denigrates women for electing to have a c-section is likely a misogynist, militant midwife, complementary and alternative medicine practitioner, an ignoramus, or a combination of any of the aforementioned.
Nah, women are scheduling their c-section to A. avoid the last few weeks of pregnancy with the highest risk of stretch marks, B. have the delivery during the day at a time convenient for them, and C. to avoid labor which hollywood has trained women to fear as the most painful experience possible. Studies also show women who elect to have c-sections have less connection to their baby and feel inadequate as a mother (they didn't experience the true challenge of childbirth). Plus not going through the vaginal canal affects the babys colonization with "good" gut bacteria. I knew an ob/gyn that would show up to work at night and just c-section every woman not in active labor just to clear the labor deck for nighttime cases. In the old days it was wild shit.

PLENTY of complications for c-sections. Lots of women need them for safety though due to baby positioning, baby size due to gestational diabetes or poor hip structure (the days of women being told "you are not built for children" are long gone), poor positioning of the placenta or fetal distress, sometimes a vaginal infection, or because they had a previous c-section so now they feel a vaginal birth would be too risky.

TBH that AI image is pretty appealing, other than the cottage cheese butt. I find it interesting that it has mastectomy/breast lift scars, not implant scars, yet still rocks a set of D cups.

Top Bottom