• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "beyond the boundaries" 90 min corporate strategy presentation on 5/23 (not PS showcase)

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Beyond the Boundaries

BTB

BB

Yep. It’s coming guys.

NVmnBXze9ElHzU6SmykrJLIV.png

Sounds like some nerdy buffer overflow/ 404 joke. Why does such a thing even have a name? Can't a corporate strategy presentation not just run under that plus current year? Each and every year.

midnightAI

Last year's meeting was 18th May so just under (edited) a week before the showcase (I'm still sticking with 22nd for showcase announcement and 29th for the actual showcase)

Last edited:
Sounds like some nerdy buffer overflow/ 404 joke. Why does such a thing even have a name? Can't a corporate strategy presentation not just run under that plus current year? Each and every year.

In every big corporation, they love giving fancy names to the new strategy, it works marvels as buzzword for internal sales, pretty much like a cult.

In this case, a bland, generic one straight out of a sports brand commercial.

Phil Spencer at the very moment of learning that the GODS of gaming are going to offer a glimpse of a plan, any plan, heck, even a best practices list:
Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

Sony will go: IT'S ALL ABOUT TV!

Jokes aside, we know Sony wants to grow their Playstation brand to PC (already in course, but still in its infancy), Mobile, and Cloud Gaming in the near future. I just expect they don't half ass it.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Sony will go: IT'S ALL ABOUT TV!

Jokes aside, we know Sony wants to grow their Playstation brand to PC (already in course, but still in its infancy), Mobile, and Cloud Gaming in the near future. I just expect they don't half ass it.
New people in charge, anything can happen. Even dumping PC ports entirely is a possibility.
Let’s get this party goin!

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

more movies and TV shows based on videogaims, a more aggressive push to PC, streaming or/and mobile, A.I. integration?

what's else can the do?

Darsxx82

"Beyond the boundaries" smell like big changes and expanding the business beyond what is current.

We will see how much of that strategy is designed for the Playstation division. If there are important changes, it is clear that an event like this is where these are usually announced.

Waiting for that showcase to be announced, Grubb. Surely it's not yet another thing you'll be wrong about?
Nah, they always do one late May/ early June. Been like that for years. It’s an extremely obvious guess to make & be right, so he’s off the hook. Per usual. Still waiting for that Wind Waker/ TP HD combo pack. I guess I'll pass the time by shaving my head... :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Fbh

"The rest of Sony corp will be adopting the winning strategy of Playstation moving forward.
So we are proud to announce we'll be remaking the Walkman and relaunching Betamax in the coming months.
Also every new Walkman and Betamax player will be visually themed after the Horizon gaming franchise for some reason.
Thx for tuning in"

"The rest of Sony corp will be adopting the winning strategy of Playstation moving forward.
So we are proud to announce we'll be remaking the Walkman and relaunching Betamax in the coming months.
Also every new Walkman and Betamax player will be visually themed after the Horizon gaming franchise for some reason.
Thx for tuning in"

They'll also require PSN logins

GHound

I'll watch for the two second soundbyte where they confirm they had no idea what they were doing when they merged Right Stuf into the less popular Crunchyroll store instead of keeping the Right Stuf branding.
Edit: and reducing the number of products they sell 💪

Last edited:
Top Bottom