• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What type of elderly person are you going to be?

cormack12

Gold Member
How are you going to dress? Jogging bottoms? Slacks? Shirt and tie with natty cardigan? T-Shirt and shorts?

Are you gonna be healthy? Going on rambles and walks? Settle down with quieter hobbies like crochet, painting, reading? Will you be down the local pub/bar pretending to play golf?

You going to still game? Single player only? Take the grandkids out every day?

Going to be a driver? Maybe own an RV or kick back with a nice saloon touring the country?

elderly-man-posing-in-track-suit.jpg

10474359-large.jpg

99b0f8e03ab2482b321f14f26b178a6f49690533_2000x2000.webp

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Hopefully I will live that long. A few members from my family died to heart attacks and I feel that it will be how I will go too. But if I do, I will probably stay at home and use VR to see all the places that I did not get to see in reality. And play Star Citizen and GTA 7.
I dont think Ill reach that age bracket
Yep. Me too.

Growing old is my dream. Well, technically, retirement is my dream, but realistically it'll only happen if I grow old.

I plan to do everything I do on the weekends and love but all the time: video games (best with friends); going for a run/walk; watching TV; making music; writing (very) occasionally; eating ridiculously good food.

In addition to the above, I want to move to a low cost-of-living country and live on the ocean. There was a remote beach (Otres Beach 3) a few miles from Sihanoukville, Cambodia I visited where an older American expat owned a bar/restaurant on the ocean. He hired locals who seemed happy to work there. He's living my dream. I hope this isn't racist in a way I'm not considering (colonizing or subjugating somehow). The people working there made relatively good money. This is right around the place:

Ym9kaWEuanBn

I have no woman and no kids, so I am doing my best to save/invest money like a Scrooge and stay physically active because it'll all be up to me. I pray to be healthy and to have enough money to not die in a gutter, and I hope the same or better for everyone.

Last edited:

Toons

One that a young person meets and never forgets meeting hopefully. One that can impart wisdom but also respect others perspectives.

But im more likely to bizarrely die in my 50s from a 1 in 1000000 disease than have that chance.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The dead kind hopefully.

I don't want to live long enough to see my body fail me.

Gp1

Definitely Old man Clint Eastwood, i see a lot of my grandfather on his characters in Grand Tourino, Cry Macho etc.
mad clint eastwood GIF

Cyberpunkd

How are you going to dress? Jogging bottoms? Slacks? Shirt and tie with natty cardigan? T-Shirt and shorts?

Are you gonna be healthy? Going on rambles and walks? Settle down with quieter hobbies like crochet, painting, reading? Will you be down the local pub/bar pretending to play golf?

You going to still game? Single player only? Take the grandkids out every day?

Going to be a driver? Maybe own an RV or kick back with a nice saloon touring the country?
GILF, hitting the gym and running. Kick-ass grandpa. Healthy (I hope).

Top Bottom