• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you renew your multi-year Game Pass subcription when it ends?

Will you renew it?

• Total voters
UXmyYQc.jpeg

My tag comes and goes :messenger_smirking:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I actually do the month thing mostly because I'm lazy, and I play like every weekend something

Persona 3 Reload was a great thing

Crayon

My extension to the 3 year deal just ended in April. Didn’t resub, sold my Series S over 12 months ago. Just done with subscription services. Realistically get to play about 3-5 games a year normally, if that. I’d rather just spend £50 on an Elden Ring or TOTK.

If I was 18, single, living at home and working Game Pass and PS Plus would be a no brainer.

If I would have to guess the two main things that turn game pass sour, it would be overconfidence in mobile players using xcloud, and exactly what you describe here. I tried the the ps one and sho nuff, I can hardly get any use out of it.

The only audience I can think of that it would consistently work for is kids, and they are playing f2p stuff.

I tried it when stacking and converting to Ultimate was super cheap. Had it for a couple years and I did enjoy it, but not worth it in the long run. Won't sub again unless it's another one-off free trial or $1 deal.

I think I have it till feb 2026. Got is mega cheap like 140 bucks or something. I don't think I will renew unless I can scheme it again. I would consider if they integrate with steamdeck easier.

schaft0620

You guys are light years behind.
We acquired both your systems games and made your overlords surrender to us.
glory bask GIF

Buddy you got 5 games ported to PC years after they came out and Helldivers 2. You will have a full blown PS+ account before the end of next year.

Wait until you find out about all of the other great games they make.

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t think so, there are some months where I can play a lot and others where I barely have time to play anything. Not to mention there tends to be quite a few dry months in terms of GamePass content in a year as well.

I think I’ll just sub for a month when something I want to play actually drops/when I know I have time to play once my current sub ends.

feynoob

Gold Member
Buddy you got 5 games ported to PC years after they came out and Helldivers 2. You will have a full blown PS+ account before the end of next year.

Wait until you find out about all of the other great games they make.
I dont really about those craps.
I only need GOW remake and infamous pc version.

drotahorror

I barely have enough time and motivation to play the games I own. Sub runs out Xmas or '25. Won't renew. Every now and then there are some good games that I enjoy like Tunic, Jusant, but they are few and far between. I will be playing hellblade 2 though.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Replies are close to what I expected. Microsoft is basing its entire plan on Game Pass, but the service is not gaining members as quickly as desired, and it seems like it might lose many of its existing members as well. The end of the road doesn't look very good.

tommib

I used it a couple of times in the past to play stuff like Scorn and Forza 5 on xcloud. It was always a miserable experience anyway and games are coming to PS5 these days. I’ll never again subscribe to anything from Microsoft.

youtube the evil is defeated GIF

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
The end of the road doesn't look very good.
I was very hopeful in the beginning of the generation. Especially post the purchase of Bethesda. I really thought things would be ramping up significantly. But here we are and their output feels about the same..

There should be a constant flow of high quality first party titles at this point I feel, but they never seem to get there.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I will probably keep subbing on PC. It is good so far. I just finished Jedi Survivor. I had to wait a year for it, but it was worth it given how stacked last year was. I also had a year of PS++ and will not be renewing that. The day 1 thing really differentiates the 2, because I buy the Sony 1st party games day 1 and would do the same for some of the ones on Gamepass.

I built my 4090 PC on a 10 year financial plan, so that's how long I will subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate: 10 years, at least. Who knows how gaming will look in 10 years, tho! This might be the last PC I buy. By that point there might be a serious rift between the haves and have nots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom