• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

billbil-kun: God of War Ragnarok is the next PC Port

feynoob

Sony feeding PC players
Cbs Dinner GIF by HULU

Pedro Motta

Awesome game, near perfect gameplay. Will double dip on PC. Hope I can link my PSN account so I can play NG+ on PC, otherwise I won't.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
if you mod out all sbi from it, there is no game left.
Game is worse than 2018 in every way
Sad to read, which is something I already hear from some irl friend.

Might still give it a go after the game's on a deep sale.

Pejo

Gold Member
Bloodborne also says hi.

I mean for real, do they just not understand the PC audience?
At this point they HAVE to know there's a market for Bloodborne PC. My guess is they already have plans for a PS5 Pro remaster and after that gets whatever double dippers/system sellers, they'll port the remaster to PC.

I just hope they don't give it to Bluepoint and let them destroy the atmosphere and art style again. I like PS5 Demon's Souls, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original in several metrics. Still incredible visuals from a technical standpoint though.

Fabieter

Meh I may pick it up on a steep discount. It seems people consider the sequel worse than 2018 due to how tedious/boring some sections get.

Enemy variety is better. And I also think the story has more highs but it doesn't get as high as 2018 though.

GymWolf

Sad to read, which is something I already hear from some irl friend.

Might still give it a go after the game's on a deep sale.
It's bullshit, don't listen to him, the game is by far the less woke between horizon 2 and panderman 2 and it's not even a contest.

The game is fucking great with some of the best combat around.

It has some things worse than 2018 and some things better, like almost every sequel.

The pace is probably the worst flaw in the game, some sections can be annoying, one in particular.

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder.
Is this a DELIBERATE attempt to ignore what's more in demand from the PC audience or what?
All the titles/genres you'd guess would have a hook in that market (BB. DS. Gran Turismo 7, ecc) are nowhere to be seen.

The Demons Souls Remake is coming for sure (it was in the Geforce Now leak) It may be more of a timing issue, mainly because Elden Ring is selling so well plus the DLC.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Well yeah that's a no brainer.
I waited for GOT , but I played GOWR on ps5 so I'll pass on this port.

Dazraell

Meh I may pick it up on a steep discount. It seems people consider the sequel worse than 2018 due to how tedious/boring some sections get.

Yeah, I would definitely wait for sale

Game itself isn't a complete disaster or anything like that. It's just okay, which is disappointing. To me the main problem was the game's bloat and how surprisingly lacking it was in a terms of deliverng spectacle. Smaller and more intimate tone worked extremely well for 2018 game, but here with Ragnarok being a main topic you expect something much more epic than what we got

Story also lacked focus and actual purpose for way too long and had a lot of moments which were dragged out and overstayed their welcome

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Devaluating their IPs on PC and the next god of war will be a disappointement sales wise on consoles compared to Ragnarok and they'll blame "AAA Single player games are a difficult strategy nowadays". Clowns.
Yet Ragnarok that came out almost 2 years after 2018 came out on PC is the fastest selling game of the franchise thus far.

Last edited:
- Best writing in a game ever.
- Atreus and Angrboda are some of the most likeable, well-written characters in gaming history.
- Zero DEI bullshit
- Game flow is amazing and not padded out at all.
- Very chill game where you don't have tens of OCD-inducing sidequests/icons/challenges on the map/menus.
- Controls and combat systems are not convoluted at all.

Most importantly though, it has SOUL, i.e, it doesn't feel like it's made by a committee
PC master race is in for a treat

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Devaluating their IPs on PC and the next god of war will be a disappointement sales wise on consoles compared to Ragnarok and they'll blame "AAA Single player games are a difficult strategy nowadays". Clowns.

What garbage is this? Clearly the PC ports are generating revenue on titles that have reached full saturation on console. Why wouldn’t you squeeze more revenue out of older games that are no longer generating much? Because you hate money?

What garbage is this? Clearly the PC ports are generating revenue on titles that have reached full saturation on console. Why wouldn’t you squeeze more revenue out of older games that are no longer generating much? Because you hate money?
It teaches their customers that there is no point in buying the game on console at launch, better wait for the better and cheaper PC version. Sony are already seeing this outcome as shown in their last sales leak. Notably the analysis on Horizon FW sales on PC that has completely changed the trajectory of sales on consoles (compared to the first Horizon). Basically they are eventually not squeezing more revenue overall. Instead of buying the game on console people are buying it on their PC. Thing is, they are now investing into the PC ecosystem, buying CPU, GPU, digital money from Fortnite / COD that won't go to PSN. Why do you think PSN profits faltered recently?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
- Best writing in a game ever.
- Atreus and Angrboda are some of the most likeable, well-written characters in gaming history
I mean to each their own but at some point there is just wrong opinions. This is one of them and I mean good for you if you liked the game but please chill on the hyperbola.
Cause in my book GoW Ragnarok is a 10/20 game, while 2018 was 18/20. That's how big my disappointment was.

Zathalus

It teaches their customers that there is no point in buying the game on console at launch, better wait for the better and cheaper PC version. Sony are already seeing this outcome as shown in their last sales leak. Notably the analysis on Horizon FW sales on PC that has completely changed the trajectory of sales on consoles (compared to the first Horizon). Basically they are eventually not squeezing more revenue overall. Instead of buying the game on console people are buying it on their PC. Thing is, they are now investing into the PC ecosystem, buying CPU, GPU, digital money from Fortnite / COD that won't go to PSN. Why do you think PSN profits faltered recently?
Most console players don't want to build a PC though. Besides if everyone was leaving PS5 to play these games on PC why has there not been a massive uptick in PS games sold on PC? Zero Dawn is still the best selling PS single player game on PC and that came out over 4 years ago.

DAHGAMING

Next gen il be bunging all my drug dealer money on a bigman PC by the look of it, them man eat so much, they get these top PS games and all the great games from Microsoft Xbox game studios, such as Starfield and the upcoming Hellblade 2, coming 21st May, play it day one on Gamepass. Only problem with PC you miss out playing games on the most powerfull console in the world.

tommib

If it is the woke shit that block you from buying, i played both games and sp2 is way more woke, like i said it's not even a contest.
People are broken. It's all the YouTube industry of rage videos generating a woke obsessed ideology that sees invisible structures where they don't exist. SM2 is CLEARLY a product of a DEI concerned culture. Ragnorok is nowhere near that, and I didn't even like the game much.

Top Bottom