• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillip W. Spencer III might planning revenge in Fallout 76 after his base was nuked

gokurho

Spotted by Xbox reporter 'Rebs Gaming' on social media, Spencer has returned to Bethesda's massive online RPG game, despite seeing his base reduced to nothing but ash. Digging deeper into Spencer's Xbox profile reveals that he recently completed the Fallout 76 quest Officer On Deck, a quest that enables players to well…launch their own nuclear weapons.

It's no easy feat, either, considering how grindy the apocalyptic multiplayer game can be. With the quest done and dusted for Spencer, all eyes are on his next move within the wasteland. The feud between Spencer and one player in particular, 'real1090snake', began on Wednesday, May 8, 2024, and it could be about to receive an enthralling next chapter. In an interview with Kotaku, the player expresses that battling Spencer is part of a larger goal.

This is his "engagement" 💫 🙅‍♂️💍

In addition, Sir Phillip III does not like HiFi Rush :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:

Venom Snake

ip5g51.jpg

Oppoi

Is this another Craig moment? MS rolling with the memes? Being one with the guys? Spencer is a gamer, after all...

ToadMan

The fact that this man has time to sink hours playing video games as a top executive at Microsoft is baffling.

Yeah.... you think he actually plays these? Its probably a marketing intern or two to keep the persona alive.

EDIT : Also beaten with the above!

And of course, they can just hack the xbox database to give him various stats as suits that - then they don't even need the intern.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
This screams marketing campaign. I do not think that it started this way but MS would be foolish to let the opportunity pass them up.

Oppoi

Spencer responds by shutting down another handful of studios with a stern message. "you do not want to know me." Wow! That message sends chills up my entire body!

I understand that it's funny to frame him completing this quest as "omg Phil is gonna get his revenge", but dude is just playing the game lol

He's not gonna waste his first nuke on some dude's camp (takes a lot of time and effort to launch your first nuke)... he's gonna use it to complete the questline.

That said, there is potential for players to grief him while he's trying to launch, because it's possible to 'steal' a nuke launch by accessing the launch terminal before he does. Ball's in your court, Xbox players...

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Honestly I don't believe this. It's GOTTA be some paid intern doing this to keep up appearances or something.

Yeah.... you think he actually plays these? Its probably a marketing intern or two to keep the persona alive.

And of course, they can just hack the xbox database to give him various stats as suits that - then they don't even need the intern.

Maybe he hires someone to play for him. A ghostplayer, like a ghostwriter...

Yeah that would make sense, except the guy has ran XBOX into the ground, so it makes sense that he spends so much time playing video games, rather than working.

Maybe they did strip him of his duties and give them to Sarah Bond (always what it looked like)?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

I bet all MS’s studios created some top secret cheating tools that only Phil Spencer is granted access to.

Barakov

This is his "engagement" 💫 🙅‍♂️💍

In addition, Sir Phillip III does not like HiFi Rush :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:
Eh...Shouldn't he be trying save his job?
Nbc Idk GIF by Good Girls

Nemesisuuu

At this point in time I do believe he is actually wasting time on playing games instead on managing Xbox how he should. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If Phil nukes this dude's camp "live" at the showcase, all is forgiven. Huge bonus points if he uncharacteristically breaks character and just completely loses his mind screaming gangster style threats at his "opps" while he does it.

Top Bottom