• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE9 leak update - Leon will be the protagonist for the entirety of the game

peronmls

These characters are so boring with their CIA script dialog. I wish they had more character development. I guess we got a little of that in RE7 and Village. Never really cared about the characters since the first 3 games.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I really need one of those 3 hour YouTube videos that explains the lore of the entire Resident Evil series, because I have literally no idea who does what in which game and why it’s connected and matters.
You could, and they definitely exist, but the remakes are their own timeline so you could just look into/play 2R/3R/4R/7/8 and call it a day. 5 will get a remake, and 1 is probably getting a second remake.

Or, if you want, when I'm back at a keyboard I can give you a basic rundown of each game and its main characters. It'll be a bit shorter than 3 hours.

Last edited:
You could, and they definitely exists but the remakes are their own timeline so you could just look into/play 2R/3R/4R/7/8 and call it a day. 5 will get a remake, and 1 is probably getting a second remake.

Or, if you want, when I'm back at a keyboard I can give you a basic rundown of each game and its main characters. It'll be a bit shorter than 3 hours.
He's going to end up seeing that nearly every protagonist from the first 3 games are depressed, jaded, retired, or generally tired. I think only Claire Redfield genuinely loves her current reporter career.

Kokoloko85

Lame, I’m sick of the old crew.
The last 2 mainline RE games didnt have you playing as the old crew.
RE6 also had plenty of new characters.

Chris has been the protagonist in enough RE games, and so has Leon. In fact Chris is going to have his time again in the inevitable RE5 Remake.

Jill on the other hand has gotten fucked over. I think in terms of popularity, she's the character who wins the most polls. Fans love her, and yet she hasn't been the protagonist of a Resident Evil game since the original trilogy. It's really fucking strange. They just brought her back, and tinkered with the lore so that apparently she now ages slowly. With the rest of the OG cast aging out, it's strange if these rumors are true and Capcom just aren't going to use her.

in RE6, either everyone is playable or appears in it, so Im not gonna count it. It also sucks. I cant remember it tbh, feel free to correct me

Chris: RE1 - RE CV - RE5 / - Was he playable in RE8 at the end?

Jill: RE1 - RE3

Leon: RE2 - RE4

Clair: RE2- RE CV

Rebecca: RE0

Ethan: RE7 - RE8

Id be happy to see Leon and Clair share another game, like a “sequel” to RE2. But Im also good with Jill being a main character again

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I dont know where this came from but I dont remember ANYONE, EVER calling RE series a metroidovania. When I search metriadovania category on Steam I get: Dead Cells, Blasphemous, Animal Farm, Castlevania, Hollow Knight, Ori etc...I dont know what you guys are mixing up but RE is survival horror genre. First person or third person, it always plays the same. You guys speak as if RE2 is inside the police station only. There were the sewers, the lab, the streets. Same as RE8 has half the game exploring the castle and the other half a cyborg factory.
RPD is connected to all the zones you explore in RE2. You exit into the sewers and underneath the RPD is the NEST Underground Laboratory installation. You can make the argument that the Orphanage is the one breakaway but there is also a trapdoor that leads underground and wraps back around to the Police Station right to the Police Chief's Quarters. And as you progress and acquire different tools you open up new areas of the game to explore. Much like a typical Metroidvania.

RE8 also follows a similar formula where it's fight the 4 big bosses to get item from each boss and then combine them in the last zone to fight the final boss.

RE4 is a bit different in that it actually functions like a Classicvania where Chapters may as well be linear levels where you progress to the final boss. All while managing your items. Mostly healing items and ammo/weapons.

Madflavor Madflavor We already know Leon and Ada have sexual tension offscreen. You just aren't gonna see it happen. Especially if Leon works for Gov't Agencies and Ada is a Mercenary for Hire.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Madflavor Madflavor We already know Leon and Ada have sexual tension offscreen. You just aren't gonna see it happen. Especially if Leon works for Gov't Agencies and Ada is a Mercenary for Hire.

I’m just over it. It’s not endearing anymore. If there’s no payoff after 30+ years, time to move on.

I like Ada a lot, but that particular relationship (if you can call it that) has gotten cringe. I actually like how the Remake of RE4 had Leon acting more cold towards her than the original.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
He can't be the only because of Chris role in this trilogy, so the question is who else we will see? I hope a great reunion like 6 was

Eh, he was back to his wise-cracking corny self in Death Island
Thankfully, Death Island was a prequel. The level of character regression on all ends would have been insane otherwise.

I think they just wanted to show a movie with almost all protagonists in one event while they were still in their prime and fighting together.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I’m just over it. It’s not endearing anymore. If there’s no payoff after 30+ years, time to move on.

I like Ada a lot, but that particular relationship (if you can call it that) has gotten cringe. I actually like how the Remake of RE4 had Leon acting more cold towards her than the original.
It's why I say the use of Leon and Ada is overused. I kinda hope their new spin with RE4 with the REMAKE universe is he's over her BS and he moves on.

But we kind of already got to that point in the original canon with RE2 > RE4 > RE6.

Arachnid

Thankfully, Death Island was a prequel. The level of character regression on all ends would have been insane otherwise.

I think they just wanted to show a movie with almost all protagonists in one event while they were still in their prime and fighting together.
It's a prequel to 7 (2017). Timeline wise, it happens in 2015 after Vendetta (2014).

You're thinking Infinite Darkness

It's a prequel to 7 (2017). Timeline wise, it happens in 2015 after Vendetta (2014).

You're thinking Infinite Darkness
No I was thinking of Death Island. I guess I was wrong about when it takes place, which makes it a much worse movie now especially when it concerns Jill and Chris.

Arachnid

No I was thinking of Death Island. I guess I was wrong about when it takes place, which makes it a much worse movie now especially when it concerns Jill and Chris.
The RE games movies have never been award winning with any characterization. None of these characters have any depth to them. Nothing I saw with Chris was as egregious as his RE8 characterization, and Jill has been a different character every time she's shown up (except this movie copy-pasted her new RE3make take, ignoring all of her RE5 stuff).

Nothing I saw with Chris was as egregious as his RE8 characterization, and Jill has been a different character every time she's shown up (except this movie copy-pasted her new RE3make take, ignoring all of her RE5 stuff).
So you agree that Death Island has problems with character consistency?

Soodanim

Gold Member
I really need one of those 3 hour YouTube videos that explains the lore of the entire Resident Evil series, because I have literally no idea who does what in which game and why it’s connected and matters.

Resident Evil 1​

Main characters: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker (boss of STARS), Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Brad Vickers (helicopter pilot that flies away at the beginning)

Special Tactics And Rescue Service (S.T.A.R.S) Alpha Team go to look for the Bravo Team, who went missing in the Arklay Mountains outside of Raccoon City. They get attacked by zombie dogs and flee to nearby Spencer Mansion (named for Umbrella founder Oswell E. Spencer) which turns out to be filled with zombies and other creatures contaminated by the T-Virus. The mission is to find survivors and get rescued.
The mansion was secretly a research facility for the pharmaceutical company Umbrella, who were developing bio-organic weapons (BOWs) with the intent of selling to the highest bidders. The zombies we see were researchers and other workers who were infected by the T-Virus, which then spread beyond control to nearby wildlife. Wesker was secretly a researcher for Umbrella the entire time and set up STARS going to the mansion as a test for the Tyrant, the "ultimate" BOW. He also kidnapped Barry's family and made him be bad. Tyrant kills Wesker, player kills Tyrant, Brad rescues the good guys and the mansion is destroyed by a self-destruct system.

Resident Evil 0​

Prequel to 1, released after the remake of 1. Not much to say here, it's a good (yet flawed) game but inconsistent with everything it ties into. Rebecca is the lead along with a prisoner who's actually a good guy and never seen again, and the bad guy is James Marcus who was an Umbrella researcher before he was killed. Virus + leeches means he came back alive, and he caused the virus outbreak in the mansion incident. Story ends with Rebecca leaving the end location and seeing the Spencer Mansion off in the distance.

Resident Evil 2​

Main characters: Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield (sister of Chris), Ada Wong, Sherry Birkin

It's 3 months since the mansion incident and Raccoon City has been infected by the T-Virus. Nearly everyone is dead. Leon drives into town for his first day as a rookie cop, and Claire rides into town looking for Chris. They meet and after being separated, agree to meet at the RPD. They then look for a way out.
William Birkin was a top level Umbrella researcher, developing the G-Virus. He injected himself with it, and turned into a sort of tyrant who wrecks a few people. Umbrella also sent a tyrant: the T-102. The search for a way out takes them to a secret Umbrella lab below the city, made possible because Umbrella has the police chief and everyone else in their pocket. Sherry was infected with the G-Virus, but then cured. Turns out Ada is a spy sent to retrieve the G-Virus but she (seemingly) dies, Anette dies, Birkin and the tyrant are killed, the lab's self-destruct system does its thing, and Leon, Claire, and Sherry escape.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis​

Main characters: Jill Valentine, Carlos Oliveira

Set both just before and just after RE2, Jill has to escape Raccoon City. She meets Brad, who said STARS members are being hunted. Nemesis is an Umbrella BOW that is an S++ tier tyrant. Brad is killed, Jill meets Carlos who works for Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (UBCS) who are there to help civilians. They look for a way out of the city.
Nemesis eventually infects Jill, Carlos finds a cure, the events of RE2 happen while Jill is recovering, they go to a facility which is actually a disposal plant for Umbrella's discarded test subjects. Nemesis chases Jill until the very end, is maybe killed but it doesn't matter because the US Government decides Raccoon City is a lost cause. They drop an experimental thermobaric bomb and wipe out the city. Luckily Barry Burton was there to rescue Jill and Carlos in a helicopter.

Importantly, 8 epilogues can be unlocked in the original that give a brief "What happened to this person" for various characters. Chris is in Europe and Claire was captured while looking for him, and Leon agrees to become a US government agent to keep Sherry, who they've taken, safe.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica​

Main characters: Claire and Chris Redfield, Steve Burnside (just some guy)

The opening cutscene is Claire's capture after she broke into an Umbrella facility in France. She is taken to be held on a military training facility on Rockfort Island run by Umbrella. Escape is the goal. Steve is also there, and he's young and foolish, and fancies Claire. They meet Alfred, twin of Alexia, and latest in the Ashford line, a powerful family that was involved in the founding of Umbrella. He's nuts and tries to kill them.
Claire and Steve escape on a plane that takes them to Antarctica. Alfred also escapes to Antarctica to wake up his sister Alexia, another Umbrella genius that developed a virus strain. She infected herself but knew she needed to freeze herself because thie T-Veronica virus needed to calm the fuck down so she could properly merge with it.

Chris turns up on Rockfort, eventually also gets a plane to Antarctica, and Albert Wesker turns up. Yep, he's alive, his death was a ruse and he now has powers. He wants the T-Veronica virus but Veronica is formidable. Steve gets infected, mutates, and dies; Wesker leaves, bad guys die, good guys escape.

Note: the version released as Code: Veronica X has cutscene changes, most if not all increasing Wesker's role in the story.

Resident Evil 4​

Main characters: Leon, Ashley Graham (president's daughter)

Time skip a few years, and Umbrella is gone. Leon, now an agent, is sent to rescue the president's daughter from her captors in Spain. Local residents where Leon is sent to aren't zombies, but they're aggressive, violent, and want Leon dead.
Locals are all infected with Las Plagas, an ancient parasite that makes everyone obey the leader parasites, in this case Los Illuminados leader Osmund Saddler. The goal was to get Krauser (an ex partner of Leon's, presumed dead) to kidnap Ashley, have Saddler infect her, then send her back home to infect others and take down the US Government from within. Ada turns up, she's on another mission to get samples but she helps Leon here and there. They have a will-they-won't-they relationship. Ada and Krauser both work for Wesker. Wesker's certainly busy collecting, isn't he? Bad guys die, Ada escapes with a plaga sample, Leon and Ashley escape, and Leon turns down jetski sex but then flirts with his colleague over the radio.

Resident Evil 5​

Main characters: Chris, Sheva Alomar (co-op partner)

Chris now works for Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), and he meets up with Sheva from the African branch because there have been reports of bad stuff.
Remember Wesker showing up to get virus samples? He's glued some together and made a super virus that he wants to use to eugenics the world into a new age. Turns out his super powers also come from a virus that he needs to keep topped up. He's also captured Jill, who's being controlled by some sort of device until she's freed.

5's strength is backstory. Africa is the origin of virus research. There's a flower that gives people powers, and when Spencer (of 1's mansion) and Marcus (of 0) found out about this they got some flowers and made the Progenitor virus from which everything else we've seen is derived. Alongside Edward Ashford (CV), Umbrella was founded. Spencer's actual goal was immortality, and everything else is just money making while the real plan was worked on.

Wesker is also one of many Wesker children, but only he and one other survived to be the genius peak humans they were meant to be. The aim was to further Spencer's goal. Didn't really work out though, Spencer was an old man in a wheelchair and Wesker killed him.

Chris eventually kills Wesker in a volcano battle that made boulder punching a worldwide sport.

Resident Evil 6​

Main characters (deep breath): Leon, Chris, Ada, Jake, Sherry, some bad guys

I don't know too much about this one, only having finished Leon's campaign and watching the story on youtube once.

There's a C-Virus now, and this one is airborne rather than bite transmitted. The 4 mentioned above all have their own campaigns that cross over, and it's globe trotting stuff. Leon watches the president turn into a zombie but there's also stuff in China I think. It's a massive story and it's all a conspiracy by some government guy. Ada was blamed for some stuff but it turns out she was cloned.

Expanded because I left this very undercooked:
Jake is Wesker's son so he has valuable blood. He bonds with Sherry because she also has valuable blood, having survived the G-Virus. At one point Chris is hunting Ada but Leon clashes with him because they "Need her". Not that Leon's biased at all.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard [or, in Japan, Biohazard 7: Resident Evil]​

Main characters: Ethan Winters, Mia Winters, the Baker family

This is a soft reboot for the franchise, having nothing to do with previous games. Very good game and can be had with all DLC for very cheap in sales. Get it.

Ethan's gone to Louisiana looking for his missing wife who sent an email out of the blue basically saying "Hi come get me". The Baker family does not take kindly to this intruder.
Mia was once the handler for a genetically modified child with extremely strong powers developed by another Umbrella-like company, but Ethan didn't know. She went missing because she was transporting the kid, Eveline, when everyone on the ship was killed. Eveline used her powers to taker over the Baker family. In the end, Ethan kills Evelline, saves Mia, and Chris Redfield turns up at the very end. I lied about it having no connection to the past.

Chris was there with BSAA, but they were sent there by Umbrella, which is trying to reclaim its name/honour/whatever and now uses a blue logo so it's known by fans as Blue Umbrella now.

I haven't finished 8, so I can't tell you anything about it yet. Chris is in it, but not the lead - that's Ethan again.

There are plenty of side games, but the main ones worth mentioning are ones with returning characters:
Revelations 1: Jill, working for BSAA, on a cruise liner.
Revelations 2: Claire, Barry, and Barry's daughter Moira. Some sort of prison island IIRC.

There's also the CGI animated movies, which are scattered along the timeline and see various characters returning but usually (if not always) Leon.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Resident Evil 1​

Main characters: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker (boss of STARS), Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Brad Vickers (helicopter pilot that flies away at the beginning)

Special Tactics And Rescue Service (S.T.A.R.S) Alpha Team go to look for the Bravo Team, who went missing in the Arklay Mountains outside of Raccoon City. They get attacked by zombie dogs and flee to nearby Spencer Mansion (named for Umbrella founder Oswell E. Spencer) which turns out to be filled with zombies and other creatures contaminated by the T-Virus. The mission is to find survivors and get rescued.
The mansion was secretly a research facility for the pharmaceutical company Umbrella, who were developing bio-organic weapons (BOWs) with the intent of selling to the highest bidders. The zombies we see were researchers and other workers who were infected by the T-Virus, which then spread beyond control to nearby wildlife. Wesker was secretly a researcher for Umbrella the entire time and set up STARS going to the mansion as a test for the Tyrant, the ultimate BOW. He also kidnapped Barry's family and made him be bad. Tyrant kills Wesker, player kills Tyrant, Brad rescues the good guys and the mansion is destroyed by a self-destruct system.

Resident Evil 0​

Prequel to 1, released after the remake of 1. Not much to say here, it's a good (yet flawed) game but inconsistent with everything it ties into. Rebecca is the lead along with a prisoner who's actually a good guy and never seen again, and the bad guy is James Marcus who was an Umbrella researcher before he was killed. Virus + leeches means he came back alive, and he caused the virus outbreak in the mansion incident. Story ends with Rebecca leaving the end location and seeing the Spencer Mansion off in the distance.

Resident Evil 2​

Main characters: Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield (sister of Chris), Ada Wong, Sherry Birkin

It's 3 months since the mansion incident and Raccoon City has been infected by the T-Virus. Nearly everyone is dead. Leon drives into town for his first day as a rookie cop, and Claire rides into town looking for Chris. They meet and after being separated, agree to meet at the RPD. They then look for a way out.
William Birkin was a top level Umbrella researcher, developing the G-Virus. He injected himself with it, and turned into a sort of tyrant who wrecks a few people. Umbrella also sent a tyrant: the T-002. The search for a way out takes them to a secret Umbrella lab below the city, made possible because Umbrella has the police chief and everyone else in their pocket. Sherry was infected with the G-Virus, but then cured. Turns out Ada is a spy sent to retrieve the G-Virus but she (seemingly) dies, Anette dies, Birkin and the tyrant are killed, the lab's self-destruct system does its thing, and Leon, Claire, and Sherry escape.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis​

Main characters: Jill Valentine, Carlos Oliveira

Set both just before and just after RE2, Jill ends up having to escape Raccoon City. She meets Brad, who said STARS members are being hunted. Nemesis is an Umbrella BOW that is an S++ tier tyrant. Brad is killed, Jill meets Carlos who works for Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (UBCS) who are there to help civilians. They look for a way out of the city.
Nemesis eventually infects Jill, Carlos finds a cure, the events of RE2 happen while Jill is recovering, they go to a facility which is actually a disposal plant for Umbrella's discarded test subjects. Nemesis chases Jill until the very end, is maybe killed but it doesn't matter because the US Government decides Raccoon City is a lost cause. They drop an experimental thermobaric bomb and wipe out the city. Luckily Barry Burton was there to rescue Jill and Carlos in a helicopter.

Importantly, 8 epilogues can be unlocked in the original that give a brief "What happened to this person" for various characters. Chris is in Europe and Claire was captured while looking for him, and Leon agrees to become a US government agent to keep Sherry, who they've taken, safe.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica​

Main characters: Claire and Chris Redfield, Steve Burnside (just some guy)

The opening cutscene is Claire's capture after she broke into an Umbrella facility in France. She is taken to be held on a military training facility on Rockfort Island run by Umbrella. Escape is the goal. Steve is also there, and he's young a foolish and fancies Claire. They meet Alfred, twin of Alexia, and latest in the Ashford line, a powerful family that was involved in the founding of Umbrella. He's nuts and tries to kill them.
Claire and Steve escape on a plane that takes them to Antarctica. Alfred also escapes to Antarctica to wake up his sister Alexia, another Umbrella genius that developed a virus strain. She infected herself but knew she needed to freeze herself because thie T-Veronica virus needed to calm the fuck down so she could properly merge with it.

Chris turns up on Rockfort, eventually also gets a plane to Antarctica, and Albert Wesker turns up. Yep, he's alive, his death was a ruse and he now has powers. He wants the T-Veronica virus but Veronica is formidable. Steve gets infected, mutates, and dies; Wesker leaves, bad guys die, good guys escape.

Note: the version released as Code: Veronica X has cutscene changes, most if not all increasing Wesker's role in the game.

Resident Evil 4​

Main characters: Leon, Ashley Graham (president's daughter)

Time skip a few years, and Umbrella is gone. Leon, now an agent, is sent to rescue the president's daughter from her captors in Spain. Local residents where Leon is sent to aren't zombies, but they're aggressive, violent, and want Leon dead.
Locals are all infected with Las Plagas, an ancient parasite that makes everyone obey the leader parasites, in this case Los Illuminados leader Osmund Saddler. The goal was to get Krauser (an ex partner of Leon's, presumed dead) to kidnap Ashley, have Saddler infect her, then send her back home to infect others and take down the US Government from within. Ada turns up, she's on another mission to get samples but she helps Leon here and there. They have a will-they-won't-they relationship. Ada and Krauser both work for Wesker. Wesker's certainly busy collecting, viruses, isn't he? Bad guys die, Ada escapes with a plaga sample, Leon and Ashley escape, and Leon turns down jetski sex but then flirts over a radio.

Resident Evil 5​

Main characters: Chris, Sheva Alomar (co-op partner)

Chris now works for Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), and he meets up with Sheva from the African branch because there have been reports of bad stuff.
Remember Wesker showing up to get virus samples? He's glued some together and made a super virus that he wants to use to eugenics the world into a new age. Turns out his super powers also come from a virus that he needs to keep topped up. He's also captured Jill, who's being controlled by some sort of device until she's freed.

5's strength is backstory. Africa is the origin of virus research. There's a flower that gives people powers, and when Spencer (of 1's mansion) and Marcus (of 0) found out about this they got some flowers and made the Progenitor virus from which everything else we've seen is derived. Alongside Edward Ashford (CV), Umbrella was founded. Spencer's actual goal was immortality, and everything else is just money making while the real plan was worked on.

Wesker is also one of many Wesker children, but only he and one other survived to be the peak humans they were meant to be. The aim was to further Spencer's goal. Didn't really work out though, Spencer was an old man in a wheelchair and Wesker killed him.

Chris eventually kills Wesker in a volcano battle that made boulder punching a worldwide sport.

Resident Evil 6​

Main characters (deep breath): Leon, Chris, Ada, Jake, some bad guys

I don't know too much about this one, only having finished Leon's campaign and watching the story on youtube once.

There's a C-Virus now, and this one is airborne rather than bite transmitted. The 4 mentioned above all have their own campaigns that cross over, and it's globe trotting stuff. Leon watches the president turn into a zombie but there's also stuff in China I think. It's a massive story and it's all a conspiracy by some government guy. Ada was blamed for some stuff but it turns out she was cloned.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard [or, in Japan, Biohazard 7: Resident Evil]​

Main characters: Ethan Winters, Mia Winters, the Baker family

This is a soft reboot for the franchise, having nothing to do with previous games. Very good game and can be had with all DLC for very cheap in sales. Get it.

Ethan's gone to Louisiana looking for his missing wife who sent an email out of the blue basically saying "Hi come get me". The Baker family does not take kindly to this intruder.
Mia was once the handler for a genetically modified child with extremely strong powers developed by another Umbrella-like company, but Ethan didn't know. She went missing because she was transporting the kid, Eveline, when everyone on the ship was killed. Eveline used her powers to taker over the Baker family. In the end, Ethan kills Evelline, saves Mia, and Chris Redfield turns up at the very end. I lied about it having no connection to the past.

Chris was there with BSAA, but they were sent there by "Blue" Umbrella, which is Umbrella trying to reclaim its name/honour/whatever and now uses a blue logo so that's what it's known as now.

I haven't finished 8, so I can't tell you anything about it yet. Chris is in it, but not the lead It's Ethan again.

There are plenty of side games, but the main ones worth mentioning are ones with returning characters:
Revelations 1: Jill, working for BSAA, on a cruise liner.
Revelations 2: Claire, Barry, and Barry's daughter.Somrt sort of prison island IIRC.

There's also the CGI animated movies, which are scattered along the timeline and see various characters returning but usually (if not always) Leon.

DAMN!

That was an incredible summary. So I guess I’ve played about half of those games, so it’s really helpful to know what happened in some of the other ones that I probably won’t end up playing.

This was awesome, thank you so much.

Soodanim

Gold Member
DAMN!

That was an incredible summary. So I guess I’ve played about half of those games, so it’s really helpful to know what happened in some of the other ones that I probably won’t end up playing.

This was awesome, thank you so much.
I'm glad it helped! It's messy in parts, let me know if you want me to clarify anything.

I was going to detail some of the changes the remakes made, but in terms of characters not too much of consequence changes aside from 4's DLC ending, and we're yet to see what difference that makes if any.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm glad it helped! It's messy in parts, let me know if you want me to clarify anything.

I was going to detail some of the changes the remakes made, but in terms of characters not too much of consequence changes aside from 4's DLC ending, and we're yet to see what difference that makes if any.
I guess my only question is what, if anything, still remains of the original Umbrella Corp?

Soodanim

Gold Member
I guess my only question is what, if anything, still remains of the original Umbrella Corp?
I'm not completely clear on that, and I don't know how much that I've heard is from either 8 or non-game canon.

There's a side game called Dead Aim where some Umbrella people had moved operations to a ship after the downfall of Umbrella and were conducting auctions out at sea. That ended, of course.

What I think is the case is that Blue Umbrella has a number of Umbrella staff working for it. I don't know if I'll learn more when I finish 8, but it seems Capcom are at least partially going with another company/organisation as the evil empire for now if Blue Umbrella is genuinely a good guy group.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Just remnants like H.U.N.K.

Wesker prior to RE5 at some point submitted all the data from the Red Queen Supercomputer to the US Government cementing Umbrella's collapse and liquidation in court trial.

It's in later games the enemy corp gets reinvented and dissolved repeatedly in the forms of TriCell, Neo-Umbrella, Blue Umbrella, The Family, FBC.

RE has gone from it's Umbrella focus to localized BOW threats that pop up since Umbrella's research was sold to Black Markets.

dDoc

If the game is indeed open world, does it mean it will be.........30 FPS with dips below on PS5? (like Dogma)

anthony2690

Gold Member
I hope gameplay wise this is like re4 remake but enhanced.

My dad is on his 8th playthrough on re4 remake, he just recently finished his 7th playthrough on professional with the unlimited ammo rocket launcher he had unlocked 🤣

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Also it should be a Leon/Jill game if it's going to be.
Throw some Claire in there too for good measure.
Carlos/Billy duo or no buy, if we're going that route.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Carlos/Billy duo or no buy, if we're going that route.
Yes, I'm on board. Carlos isn't Carlos at first because we don't recognise him after the plastic surgery after he fled to South America, and Billy is living life in South America too. I can see it now: a cutscene where one of them brings up Raccoon and not-Carlos gives him a "What did you say?" and we learn the true identity of Carlos.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Whether the open world works or not, at least Capcom is attempting something new with the franchise. They ain't resting on their laurels and I respect the shit out of that
The issue is that it's the most generic "franchise pushing" move they could make. Everyone is trying to make their next entry open world now. Hell RE was already open ended as is.

They should have done something actually daring, like make the next RE a detective game, or make the next RE based off of ghosts and youkai Ala ghostwire tokyo

Last edited:
Top Bottom