• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor / Innuendo: Tom Warren Hinting at New "DOOM" Game Announcement Soon

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Hell yeah

dusktill2.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I bet whatever they do will be awesome, but I would have prefered something else, like Quake.

Also, please, give it a normal deathmatch mode instead of whatever the fuck they did with the multiplayer in DOOM Eternal.

Good to see a new Doom got greenlit. Linear FPS games are a dying breed. The new Doom should be multi-platform. Rumors have suggested as much

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I bet whatever they do will be awesome, but I would have prefered something else, like Quake.

Also, please, give it a normal deathmatch mode instead of whatever the fuck they did with the multiplayer in DOOM Eternal.
I know the main reason they went with that horrible asymmetrical multiplayer was to not take attention away from Quake Champions, a game that they already botched. It's been long enough that I'd like to think that's not a concern anymore, at least I hope it's not.

I too was more so hoping for a Quake reboot or something. But if it's a DOOM that's more like 2016 than Eternal, and just even better all around I'm all for it. I loved Eternal too, but 2016 just felt... better to me in a lot of ways. I also loved how it felt like a full package of content.

Last edited:

Kadve

Currently playing through Eternal. While not as fun as the first (Gunplay feels unnecessary bloated and downright stiff at times) im certainly wont say no to another.

simpatico

They don't have the balls to make it exclusive. MS spends billions buying studios to take command of the console market. The problem is, they lack the balls, the nuts, to actually make the studios do their jobs (get to work on Fallout Todd) and to make them exclusive to Xbox and Windows.

Multiplat Doom incoming.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm from the future.

Doom just got shuttered because the franchise was never able to sell north of 10 million copies.

Enjoy and support these games as long as you can people.
I'm from the present.

DOOM released 30 years ago and the community is as alive as it's ever been, making custom wads and total conversions that are even better than the original game.

DOOM is eternal babe. :messenger_sunglasses:

rm082e

I was hoping they would do a new IP or reboot Quake, then come back for a third Doom game in a couple more years with a second team working in parallel. Kind of like what Naughty Dog did with TLOU1 and Uncharted 4. I'm all-in for a third Doom game, but three in a row might leave this one feeling a little run-of-the-mill.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Doom Eternal is probably my favorite game of the last 5 years. At first I liked DOom 2016 best, but once I figured out the way Eternal was meant to be played, it pretty much made 2016 unplayable.

I still hope Doom comes to PC Game Pass so I can earn achievements again.

TintoConCasera

Doom Eternal is probably my favorite game of the last 5 years. At first I liked DOom 2016 best, but once I figured out the way Eternal was meant to be played, it pretty much made 2016 unplayable.

I still hope Doom comes to PC Game Pass so I can earn achievements again.
For me, the first few levels were "just fine", but once you arrive at the cultist base I think that's where the game truly takes off.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
They don't have the balls to make it exclusive. MS spends billions buying studios to take command of the console market. The problem is, they lack the balls, the nuts, to actually make the studios do their jobs (get to work on Fallout Todd) and to make them exclusive to Xbox and Windows.

Multiplat Doom incoming.
It isn't about balls. It's about revenue.

Making it Xbox exclusive makes it 100% dead. Doing something that has NO CHANCE of success, doesn't mean you ballz, it makes you fucking stupid.

simpatico

Making it Xbox exclusive makes it 100% dead. Doing something that has NO CHANCE of success, doesn't mean you ballz, it makes you fucking stupid.
If that's the fate they've accepted then it's time to stop making Xbox's and just be a game publisher. They certainly didn't feel that way about Halo 3.

Last edited:

wipeout364

100% I loved Doom’s multiplayer , but only played a couple of rounds of Doom Eternal’s. Was really disappointed they went that direction and it never made any sense to me.

I played a ton of Quake champions and did love it but the population got so small and you could feel the support drying up that I just decided to stop playing. If the developer didn’t care anymore it was time for me to move on as well.

xrnzaaas

Good to see a new Doom got greenlit. Linear FPS games are a dying breed. The new Doom should be multi-platform. Rumors have suggested as much
We don't know what type of game it's going to be... there's still time to make it open world. ;) Or at least to offer some open environment like it's been done in the last Gears game.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Are they gonna roll back the difficulty in DOOM or crank it up again ?

They can't back down from the system already created and how do you even ramp up from there?
People would hate but I would love atleast one horror mission Doom 3 style.

Darsxx82

If it is DOOM as it seems, it sure will not be totally exclusive. Is a IP that always was multiplataforma... But timed exclusive I wouldn't rule it out.
I think everything will depend on the exclusivity of the rest of the games announced.

Even despite everything that has happened these months, it is difficult for me to believe that MS will turn this Showcase for fans into a new blow to the genitals of XBOX fans, the XBOX brand itself, and allow more talk about controversies or confirmation of its total move to multiplatformity than the quality or potential of the games shown/announced.
Without mentioning the public shame of P. Spencer and the rest of the staff (who would have to show their faces and not hide as they have done now) responding to the contradictions and unfulfilled promises in front of fans who are going to be with him and very angry asking for explanations.

MS has been very predictable in the last times. Bad news follows good news which is followed by bad news and so on, disconcerting the entire industry. That is, I think they are going to try to make this Showcase an event that focuses the discussion on games and their platform. They will leave the "bad news" for a later time where they do not have to suffer public ridicule and disappointed faces from the fans sitting next to them.
Ps. That said, it is MS, the most unlikely thing always has the possibility of happening.🤣

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
can't believe that i am saying this... but after super mario doom 64 eternal.
stop fucking touching doom you idiots.

Last edited:

Red5

I'm from the future.

Doom just got shuttered because the franchise was never able to sell north of 10 million copies.

Enjoy and support these games as long as you can people.

Beats having boring battlepass MTX filled software masquerading as games.

Fortnite and GAAS killed innovation and creativity in the industry, thank God for indie games.

amigastar

I would rather see a Quake Reboot, but if the new Doom game turns out as excellent as the other i'm kinda ok with it.

gothmog

Gold Member
I'm not even sure what I would want from Id these days so another reboot style Doom is fine. I didn't like eternal as much as 2016 but it was still a really good game.

Top Bottom