• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor / Innuendo: Tom Warren Hinting at New "DOOM" Game Announcement Soon

LordOfChaos

Eternal was still a good game and all, but I preferred the more pure Doom experience of 2016 (holy hell was that 8 years ago??). The platforming sections and other additions didn't add to the game imo. It went from the first game when he literally pushed aside a screen as a metaphor for get all that extra out of here, let me play the game, to a lot of extra in the second game.

A new game (assuming a similar single player campaign game) would be great, but I'd prefer it return to more pure Doom

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I really hope it’s going to be more like Doom 2016. I wasn’t a big fan of Eternal between its resource management crap to its platforming to the story. It wasn’t a bad game but wasn’t for me.

I keep buying Doom games yet I keep liking them less and less. I'm not even sure what I'd like to see for a new one because my take would be commercial poison.

I'm sure it'll be more AI Doom Meme levels of in-jokes, shitty corporate suit ideas of what's "really Metal" and endless arena fights.

Perrott

The Doom franchise has already sold over 10m copies on PC alone :lollipop_confused:

Must be some kind of shitty alt-timeline you come from.
Doom Eternal's underwhelming sales played a major role in keeping Zenimax in their precarious financial situation during the company's last year as a privately owned business.

Also, what the previous user meant was that individual modern Doom entries are not 10+ million sellers, not that the overall series hasn't reached that figure when combining all SKUs of all games.

SALMORE

Nice ! Doom 2016 & Eternal are one of my favorites from the previous generation ! hopefully the 3rd one has a semi metroidvania world and vehicles / power suits to use

can't believe that i am saying this... but after super mario doom 64 eternal.
stop fucking touching doom you idiots.

yo is that j-roc in the hizzy?
eCCZeFy.gif

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
They don't have the balls to make it exclusive. MS spends billions buying studios to take command of the console market. The problem is, they lack the balls, the nuts, to actually make the studios do their jobs (get to work on Fallout Todd) and to make them exclusive to Xbox and Windows.

Multiplat Doom incoming.
Maybe they shouldn't buy franchises that have most of their copies sold on competitive hardware then.

I enjoyed the 2 Doom reboot games. I'm not sure we need another right now. Hopefully this one brings something fresh to the table. A sequel to the last 2 games would bore me.

DAHGAMING

Happy to have another Doom, loved the last 2 and the series. Maybe after that and hopefully Machinegames get to finish there Wolfenstein trilogy we can get a new Quake.

ZehDon

Honestly, after Doom Eternal, I'm not even sure what else you can do in that vein of things. Doom Eternal oversaturated the player with resource management, and took the speed about as high as you can go without it devolving into a mess of button combos. I'd honestly hoped id were tapping into Quake's cosmic horror for a Doom 3-style Quake reboot.

If we're getting another Doom, I'll obviously play it, but I have no idea what you can do in that space that isn't just "more of the same".

DanielG165

The DOOM duology are two of the best FPS games we’ve ever gotten, so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what a new game in the franchise looks like. Will it be a follow up to Eternal, with the Slayer being awoken again after several years? Or, will it be separate from the duo’s continuity?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If they do put out a 3rd actual Doom game I'd suggest less jumping, better ammo economy and a less convoluted story. Eternal on the story front was just blegh. I preferred 2016's keep it simple stupid type of story over what we got in Eternal.

The Fortress of Doom was cool stuff though.

Gtafans93

Please be doom eternal with all levels following the super gore nest level design. Love that level so much, secrets 10/10, transversal and openess. Or more 2016 level design. You had to look for those secrets and it was far better for it me thinks

Wonder if Id and Mick Gordon patched things up so he can come back and score this new Doom. If not, that's going to be a huuuge loss
Don't get me wrong, I liked what Andrew Hulshult and David Levy did on The Ancient Gods DLCs, but they were clearly trying to sound like Mick (which makes sense, obviously) to the point David even used some samples from the metal choir Mick recorded for the base game in one of the tracks, but I'm sure having Mick back would instantly be a win, hell, having the 3 of them collaborating would also be sick.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hopefully not some mobile chibi shit…

I want Doom Slayer back clapping cheeks. Straight gaping the devil himself,

Top Bottom