• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I thought getting Lily's gauge to 100% would take nearly the entire game and mine is currently at 76 point something and Im still in Matrix 11

GymWolf

that's what I have. I think I did filled her gauge
b89.gif

Try using protection spine (even un-upgraded it gives good damage reduction) and reflex spines (hopefully you upgraded that one because it's so good...) then the 2 best melee protection and shield enhancement gears you have. If nothing else it'll give you more time to get used to the fight before keeling over. Also, if you haven't figured it out, don't bother with L1+Square.

It's a definitely hard skill and/or build check so

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF
I CANT UPGRADE MY REFLEX SPINE lol. Here are the end bosses, you cant upgrsde anymore, good fuckin luck

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Is there a way to check her gauge whenever you want?

I dont think so? I just remember the last time it popped up it was in the 70's and I was really surprised. The way it ties into one of the endings I figured it'd be something youd be working on through 90% of the experience. Looks like I might have it topped off way before the end.

I didn't realize that space was the point of no return. I've done almost everything in the game up to this point. I just now realized that you need to find all the religious books to
get a code for a crate
and I'm missing three books. I also have two quests to return to eidos 7, and who wants to bother with that?

I'll probably just finish this off. It's still a lot of fun running around, though.

Blue monsoon
Just stumbled across this one. Now that is what I call a reward.

Eiknarf

And the Ocean Maid too i think as the fishing quests lead you to the lure you need to catch the bigger fishes.
I’d like to try for the Ocean Maid suit, but I feel like all that fishing is too much for me - I never like the fishing quests in these open world games

There’s no way to purchase the Ocean Maid from Roxanne or anyone?

Aenima

I’d like to try for the Ocean Maid suit, but I feel like all that fishing is too much for me - I never like the fishing quests in these open world games

There’s no way to purchase the Ocean Maid from Roxanne or anyone?
No, Ocean Maid suit is the reward for catching all the fish. Is not that hard though. I actually wished the list of fishes was bigger and required you to travel to more locations. But as long you use diferent lures you can catch most fishes in the same spot. I know the last 2 tiers of fishes can all be caught in the Oasis.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

No, Ocean Maid suit is the reward for catching all the fish. Is not that hard though. I actually wished the list of fishes was bigger and required you to travel to more locations. But as long you use diferent lures you can catch most fishes in the same spot.
Ok. I’ll try it before getting to the point of no return in the NG+ I started

But God damn I must be a dumb dumb because I can't work out this second wisdom puzzle and I don't want to move on until I work it out. And I don't want to look it up either. Got the first one pretty easily but can't see a pattern here at all.
Yay I worked it out. It wasn't that complicated in the end I just couldn't see the pattern. Maybe I am still a dumb dumb because I needed a calculator to work it out. I would have thought they would have made them simple enough without having to use outside tools.

Nydius

Late to the thread because I was busy playing. Just wrapped up my NG+ on hard. Still missing one trophy for the third ending and after looking it up, I’m not going to bother because I don’t want to betray Lily like that just to get the “bad” ending trophy.

There are only a handful of games that I enjoy enough to do full back-to-back playthroughs and this is one of them. That said, I did have a few areas where the game’s mechanics bugged the hell out of me. A few spots in Great Desert where you end up with massive groups of enemies and Eidos 9 where the oddies about angles and hit boxes really reared their ugly heads. But otherwise it was a bug-free game for me from start to finish with exception to the game sometimes not registering when I was grabbing onto ropes.

Hopefully there will be a sequel. If, for no other reason, so I can spend another several hours bikini fishing. 🤣

lySwAH6.jpeg

Since people are sharing their favorite outfits, mine was the Stargazer (or Keyhole) suit. Though my favorite color combo (blue/silver/white) for it didn’t unlock until NG+.

xCHVU5p.jpeg

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I think I'm stating the obvious here the the OST is GOD tier.
It's been a long time since a game had such quality, maybe the FFVIII trilogy but that don't really count.
But jesus, the whole package is amazing.
The arrangement is something else, every time I think this is great track they have a little something to amplify it to another level.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Games having caliber like this have become rare because of live services and multiplayers. Deserves all the support we can give.
When we get a game like this I don't want it to end soon.
45 hours in and still at Matrix 11. Not going through any guides and searching everything by myself. I might've missed few boxes and memory sticks in Wasteland but I'll go there again.

Holy Christ this game keeps on getting better. Animations are UC level and Retributions are like GOW executions. Masterclass this game is.

Mast Sahi GIF by Hrithik Roshan

Okay I just got the platinum.

It's true the platforming is a bit iffy, you will jump through ladders and stuff a few times. Game is very forgiving with checkpoints and the like though. The story twist around one of the supporting characters is also ridiculous and undermines all previous interactions, but other than that the story and world building were very enjoyable, got me immersed and thinking about deep concepts like transhumanism and technology and spirituality intertwining together.

I also thought sidequests were good. I know you're just hunting a monster or fetching an item but the dialogue and circumstances around each quest do a good job of fleshing out the game's dystopian vibe and making me feel more "in" that world. The combat was great although I didn't like it as much as last years Lies of P, also by a Korean developer. It's fun flippin' and zipping around like a character action game but I prefer the more soulsy style of Lies of P. Gameplay variety is great too though with a good amount of good quality puzzles to break up the combat sections. You feel a little bit like you're in a horror game when you're in scenarios where you can't use your sword, sometimes you're doing a cinematic dash with the ground falling out from beneath you, there's a great fishing minigame, it's a good mix.

The level design is also something special. The game does both "guided" areas filled with a sequence of planned puzzles and enemy encounters and "open" areas that reward exploration and it does them both really well. I would often find when I go back to the wasteland to take care of some errand 2 or 3 other interesting things would grab my attention and lead to a boss or treasure or something which is rad. It all looks great too. The levels are just as gorgeous as Eve's bottom, the effort that went into her design carries over into the environments and boss designs and lighting and effects. Music is stellar as well. When I'm hanging with Digger, it's like a catchy Sonic tune, when I go see the broker, the music sounds like a groovy Persona track. When I'm walking the dusty streets of Xion the chill, sad music gets me all contemplative over humanity's bleak post-apocalyptic future. The ost is just magic.

Game is really awesome and I hope it's the start of a franchise.

DelireMan7

I am getting the hang of perfect dodge now.
I really enjoy fighting by mixing all my options : combos, parry, dodges, burst skills.

I really enjoy burst skills.

However I don't like Tachy mode. It's unnecessary in my opinion. I never use it.

SkylineRKR

I am getting the hang of perfect dodge now.
I really enjoy fighting by mixing all my options : combos, parry, dodges, burst skills.

I really enjoy burst skills.

However I don't like Tachy mode. It's unnecessary in my opinion. I never use it.

Its pretty much free invincibility for a set time. But yeah its nothing special. The whole right tree you can ignore because its unwise to fish for parries in this mode, you're better off mashing attacks before the meter runs out instead of waiting for an attack. This mode could use some rework for sure.

Burst and Beta are OP basically, or actually your only real damage options. Burst makes you invincible too, one deletes a balance orb, another does AoE and returns health, one temporarily powers you up and I don't know what the Square one does. Beta essentially has ranged knockdown, AoE, shield destroy and balance destroy. As long as you juggle between these 2 meters you can win.

In my opinion, the combat isn't -that- good once you figure its gimmicks. All those moves are canned, which doesn't leave for much variation. On top of the inability to launch enemies etc. Regular attacks just do no damage against stronger enemies and bosses so their only purpose is to build meter. I don't like this approach. The parry, perfect evade and counter somewhat redeem it. Its still better than FFXVI which does no damage too, but doesn't build meter either since its on static cooldowns. But I hope a sequel will make the combat more dynamic.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I also don’t like the fact when you switch to Tachy mode you get red filter on your screen
Which I can barely see what am I doing.
I think it's underpowered. Should feel like a total super sayan, take way longer to charge, last shorter and do tons more damage.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think it's underpowered. Should feel like a total super sayan, take way longer to charge, last shorter and do tons more damage.
I like the fact it has its own move sets but the short time you are given and as you said you barely do any damage with it, it’s not all that useful other than trophy.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Its pretty much free invincibility for a set time. But yeah its nothing special. The whole right tree you can ignore because its unwise to fish for parries in this mode, you're better off mashing attacks before the meter runs out instead of waiting for an attack. This mode could use some rework for sure.

Burst and Beta are OP basically, or actually your only real damage options. Burst makes you invincible too, one deletes a balance orb, another does AoE and returns health, one temporarily powers you up and I don't know what the Square one does. Beta essentially has ranged knockdown, AoE, shield destroy and balance destroy. As long as you juggle between these 2 meters you can win.

In my opinion, the combat isn't -that- good once you figure its gimmicks. All those moves are canned, which doesn't leave for much variation. On top of the inability to launch enemies etc. Regular attacks just do no damage against stronger enemies and bosses so their only purpose is to build meter. I don't like this approach. The parry, perfect evade and counter somewhat redeem it. Its still better than FFXVI which does no damage too, but doesn't build meter either since its on static cooldowns. But I hope a sequel will make the combat more dynamic.

Yes it mostly feels like free god mode.
Don't really like it.
And the action is not really readable. Too much on screen for me.

I find combos is quite effective.
Sure the Beta skill are powerful but I usually use my Beta energy to charge up my last hit of combo or the follow up attack of perfect parry/dodge.

Burst are indeed powerful and get you invulnerable but I like them. Burst energy is a bit harder to get after all.

I think in all action game you can rely on basic stuff to beat it. Doesn't mean the combat system is poor or not that good.
At first I didn't like Sekiro because I could just L1 my way to victory.
Then when I started to mix all my options for style I really enjoyed it.

Here it's the same. You can just basic combo, parry/dodge and Beta skills and you'll probably beat it. But not very satisfying for me. I guess for people looking for the most effective way to beat the game it will not be so satisfying.

I also don’t like the fact when you switch to Tachy mode you get red filter on your screen
Which I can barely see what am I doing.
Definitely. Too much on screen when it's activated. I hate it

rofif

Banned
guys dont sleep on fidelity mode at least for your 2nd playthrough. it's actually a pretty good mode and no temporal component

jwaxeman

What’s so fun about this game for me is the nostalgia hit it provides. I really does feel like I’m playing a PS2 game in the best way. It’s like the kind of weird eastern action game that intimidated me way too much as a kid, but in this post-Demons Souls world we live in, I love it. And I know it’s more DMC than SoulsBorne.

Last edited:

solidus12

So I just received my copy today. It seems like the disc is already updated.

Didn’t download a patch or anything and the disc was already on version 1.002

rofif

Banned
Holy shit the music, environmental art and the sheer hype of this game! The last stretch of the game, going up part is insanely hype. I need the soundtrack.
This game is insanely good.
There is not a single thing I think they could make better. The game delivers on everything the 2021 trailer was and then some. It’s a very rare instance when a good trailer makes you imagine a game and it is this good. Like, I am playing and gasping like an idiot at the views.
There is a tiny part of environmental art reminding me of binary domain and gears of war. But hats off to the artists. I’ve never seen a game pull off this level of imagination.

And the damn outfits. lol Eve is badass and beautiful.
It’s 2am I gotta leave the last boss for tomorrow.

Top Bottom